Debate Mansion

How are adolescents supposed to be treated? - Page 2

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
My dad gives me advice and leaves me alone. He just guides me and shows me pros and cons of everything and it's upto me to decide on what I want to do..

But my mother is the one who I have endless fights with. She and me are like pole opposites in everything starting from shoes to everything and anything, she forces me on many things..  πŸ˜†

And then, in the end I guess it's either me or my mom who comprise.. with my mom compromising more..

I absolutely love it when my dad and mom come to me with "everything's alright, we're gonna make it through😎" attitude THAN the "OMG, Jesus Christ, what have you done! you are grounded for the next week, young lady!" attitude.. πŸ˜†

Afterall, the adolescents can distinguish the right and wrong..

So, all the parents need to do is trust their kids, give 'em their space, not pounce on them for everything, not get uptight and have their cool with their children. And I don't think kids can take advantage of parents' trust on them, ever!

But yes, there is a certain limit to everything. =]
I am confused with the way they should be treated,I guess it should be balanced with spanking-lectures-punishments and leaving the child alone .. πŸ€” 

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

My dad gives me advice and leaves me alone. He just guides me and shows me pros and cons of everything and it's upto me to decide on what I want to do..

But my mother is the one who I have endless fights with. She and me are like pole opposites in everything starting from shoes to everything and anything, she forces me on many things..  πŸ˜†

And then, in the end I guess it's either me or my mom who comprise.. with my mom compromising more..

I absolutely love it when my dad and mom come to me with "everything's alright, we're gonna make it through😎" attitude THAN the "OMG, Jesus Christ, what have you done! you are grounded for the next week, young lady!" attitude.. πŸ˜†

Afterall, the adolescents can distinguish the right and wrong..

So, all the parents need to do is trust their kids, give 'em their space, not pounce on them for everything, not get uptight and have their cool with their children. And I don't think kids can take advantage of parents' trust on them, ever!

But yes, there is a certain limit to everything. =]

Alright, same is the case with me and my mother. πŸ˜† And as for my father, err . . I don't know, we never happened to be talking like such.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. 😳
I had problems in connection - DOUBLE POSTING (didnt realise).
Edited by Ice-Thinker - 13 years ago
i think there is no exact way to treat adolescents ... but the best thing to do would be to make them more aware of their surroundings, and to give them tasks or send them on travel or make them active in community programs.

At these age, the people are more willing to do something. I think this transition period makes people confused, restless ... a sudden burst of uncontrollable energy surrounds them....

The best way to make good use is to keep the teen busy. Busy in exciting, adventurous and challenging tasks which not only keep the wrong things out of their mind, but create a solid foundation of RIGHTEOUSNESS as well as create a positive circle.

Less pressure from studies (if the teen goes too restless) and more activities is the key. A year gap in studies wont do too much harm. I feel already people are just training rats for that most dispicable materialistic race that cripples the soul and creates zombies.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^^Whats with double posting?
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Just leave them on their  own... disown them if they get suspended from school more than two times.. or get into drugs or something nasty....Have strict rules for home conduct!
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

If parents can love the child and yet be detached, they would be able to think better.
But then it is easier said then done.

Fathers are No 1 in spoiling the daughters.πŸ‘πŸΌ
Mums are No 1 in spoiling the sons πŸ‘πŸΌ
thegameison thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ice-Thinker

i think there is no exact way to treat adolescents ... but the best thing to do would be to make them more aware of their surroundings, and to give them tasks or send them on travel or make them active in community programs.

At these age, the people are more willing to do something. I think this transition period makes people confused, restless ... a sudden burst of uncontrollable energy surrounds them....

The best way to make good use is to keep the teen busy. Busy in exciting, adventurous and challenging tasks which not only keep the wrong things out of their mind, but create a solid foundation of RIGHTEOUSNESS as well as create a positive circle.

Less pressure from studies (if the teen goes too restless) and more activities is the key. A year gap in studies wont do too much harm. I feel already people are just training rats for that most dispicable materialistic race that cripples the soul and creates zombies.

Wow! That's the perfect way to treat an adolescent cause being one myself, I know it's umm . . . difficult and you gotta find a simple and affective way out. 
thegameison thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: qwertyesque

Just leave them on their  own... disown them if they get suspended from school more than two times.. or get into drugs or something nasty....Have strict rules for home conduct!

Err . . πŸ˜•

Teenagers with such strict parents are either liking to confide in the shell OR turn out to be the most spoiled ones ever! I have seen MANY such people around me. πŸ˜†
thegameison thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Summer3

If parents can love the child and yet be detached, they would be able to think better.
But then it is easier said then done.

Fathers are No 1 in spoiling the daughters.πŸ‘πŸΌ
Mums are No 1 in spoiling the sons πŸ‘πŸΌ

Done would be my first choice, Sir for umm, most teens including myself misunderstand their parents to be "INTERFERING" and it's better the other way. 😳

OH YEAH, I absolutely agree with you however my dad has spoiled us both with no single effort of my mom! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†