.....Lata.....
.....Lata.....

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
 Zarina Wahab unaffected by rumours
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   December 5, 2005

Zarina Wahab
Aditya Panscholi
Bollywood's actress of yesteryears, Zarina Wahab, who has entered Kohinoor (SaharaOne) says she is not perturbed when she reads or hears about her husband, Aditya Panscholi's, romantic link-ups.

Compromise formula

Speaking to hitList from Panchgani, where she is shooting for a Bhojpuri film, starring Ravi Kissen, she says she is not interested in what happens outside her home.

"When he comes home, I only see how he behaves with me, my son Suraj, and my daghter Sana. The moment he enters the house, he is very good to me and the kids. Whatever he does outside, is his business. I am not going to interfere," she says, pragmatically.

"I am extremely happy. I know I married an actor, and rumours, affairs and link-ups are a part of show business. I have been in the entertainment industry for more than 25 years; I understand," she adds.

Gem of a role

Like she plays the protagonist Disha's (Chhavi Mittal) mother in Tumhari Disha (Zee), she will play protagonist Iravati's (Kulraj Randhawa) mom in Kohinoor. "I play a blind woman, and found it very challenging to portray that. I particularly liked the fact that I am the one who knows where the Kohinoor is."

Zarina's role in Kohinoor is limited to only a few episodes, but a SaharaOne official offers, "She will keep appearing in flashback scenes, which will be shown repeatedly." Unlike other actresses, Zarina says she has no plans of starting a production house. "I know only acting, and will continue to act, as and when I feel like it."

vickey.lalwani@mid-day.com

Another new entrant…

Another new entrant in Kohinoor is Rahul Singh, playing Prince Abhimanyu. Singh explains his character, "Abhimanyu has a lot of knowledge about antiques and heritage. The Kohinoor search gang reaches me, and I join them in the hunt."

Singh made his debut in Zubeida, followed by Bas Itna Khwab Hai, Darna Mana Hai and Netaji — The Forgotten Hero. He also wrote dalogues for Sanjay Gupta's Kaante.

"Plus, I am doing Sanjay Singh's Kachi Sadak, which I have written, and Shyam Benegal's next with Urmila Matondkar and Jimmy Shergill," he says. Kohinoor is his first full-fledged serial

PS: When she got married we thought it was a case of love is blind LOL, but now what is this...looks like for her love is blind, deaf, dumb AngryConfusedOuch

jingle IF-Veteran Member
jingle
jingle

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
thanks lata Tongue
rm_apple IF-Dazzler
rm_apple
rm_apple

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Thanks Lata..

I sure hope that they are just rumours as she says... Confused
*Guli* IF-Stunnerz
*Guli*
*Guli*

Posted: 05 December 2005 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Shes married to him?????? How old is she???? and how old is he????????????????
.....Lata..... IF-Dazzler
.....Lata.....
.....Lata.....

Posted: 05 December 2005 at 12:53am | IP Logged
he is 10 yrs younger to her. when they got married i think he was 23 and she was 33 Confused
Shabz. IF-Rockerz
Shabz.
Shabz.

Posted: 05 December 2005 at 4:15am | IP Logged
thats an odd pairing...but if they happy than who cares...lol

thanx for the article
nikkitherealist Goldie
nikkitherealist
nikkitherealist

Posted: 05 December 2005 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Thanks Lata....how you manage to get all the latest news stuck in the desert, I'll never understand ... Clap LOL
eran Goldie
eran
eran

Posted: 05 December 2005 at 9:49am | IP Logged
isn't he the dude from musafir!!!

Go to top