preity*zinta thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hello,

This week we're gunna take a look into Kjo's ever famous Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham.

The movie stars: Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, HRithik Roshan, Kareena Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bhaduri and many others.

Okay so the movie was a huge hit amongst masses worldwide, it's won a ton of awards and is still a favourite for many.

So what are your thoughts on it?
To start off this discussion here are a fee questions
~Did you like it?
~Your thoughts on the music
~Were the actors well suited?

Please remember this is an OPINION BASED discussion!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
~Did you like it?
Well i watched it 1st day 1st show itself.i still even have the original promotional music releases n the booklet plus one f the posters they had on street .i managed to persuade dad to go n get it with meπŸ˜†.i was nuts 4 it to release cz after DDLJ &KKHH Kajol-SRK movie meant it had to be mindblowing..n more than that it was basically just 4 Kajol i watched it..i was a bit disappointed..

well good things 1st..
SRK had never ever looked better than he looks in this movie..n i loveddddddddddd the SRK-Jaya parts..they were just so beautiful..no mother son relationship had ever made to be so lovingly created as in this IMO.i used to/n still cry at most of their parts..i just can't help it..
i liked Hrithik-SRK parts too..the bond b/w the brothers were beautifully portrayed..
cute scenes b/w srk-kajol..Yeh Ladki n Suraj hua visuals..aww..still sm of my favs..
Rani was so beautiful in this film..way prettier than Kajol/Kareena..lol n im no rani fan when compared 2 kajol..but still she was really pretty n i loved her role..it was short n beautiful..
some cutie Kid's parts were thr..
Amitab n Jaya was awesome n thr roles!

bad things
1 of the worst roles done by kajol at that time..i really didn't like that role..now don't pounce on me cz its coming from a die hard Kajol fan..n i watched the movie just for her!n 1 big complain 4m my side was her role was too short compared to the heavy length of the movie..it was at times too loud n boisterous..well i still liked her..cz after all it was kajol!
i hated the initial Kareena-Hrithik parts until Bole Chudiya part..im not gonna 2 elaborate but even now i just fast forward their sections when i watch them..
n the British neighbor-Anjali parts were well unwanted..
Overall a bit more editing could have made the movie a lot better n a lil less dragging at times...

~Your thoughts on the music
Heavenly!i love all the music used in it..i love all of it Bole Chudiya,You Are My Sonia,Suraj Hua Maddham,Yeh Ladka Hai Allah,Deewana Hai Dekho..

guess mostly it was ok..n i liked every1 except Poo n her stupid friends.IMO it was unnecessary as i was basically promoted as a family drama..i knw compared to present day films t was nothing.but i really remember my mom commenting they ruined a good movie by putting that character like that...

aishhh. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Alright...I'm in =)

~Did you like it

I was expecting a lot from it since day 1....since SRK-Kajol were back together, primarily went only for them...back in 2001, KKKG was one of the first Hindi films to screen here in Melbourne, so went for that too =) And fell asleep in the middle πŸ˜† But anyways, watched it later....I guess I can say that it did live up to expectations on my part...but it didn't go par them πŸ˜† Except Kajol...she was simply superb!

~Your thoughts on the Music

Surprisingly =) Very good! My friends shun me (jokingly πŸ˜†) for still listening to "old" music πŸ˜† Which involves that of KKKG...Suraj Hua Madham is simply a beautiful song and my fav, the visuals were great too! 😳

Well being a family drama, KJo chucked in a multiple star cast of as many "stars" as he could gather...πŸ˜†
I think in their individual roles, they were all goodish πŸ˜† But together, the star cast doesn't seem to fancy me all together...just the idea of everyone together is a bit "starry" to digest πŸ˜† I thought SRK-Kajol were fab as Rahul-Anjali and Hrithik was 😳 No comments for A-J πŸ˜† And Kareena's popularity and the "whatever" was over done πŸ˜• Wasn't too fond of that πŸ˜†
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
"I loooooooooveee laddooo"

"kaun hai ye, jisne dobara mudke MUJHSE nahi dekha...who is he?"

*staring at self in mirror*
"How dare you, tumhe koi haq nahi, ke tum itni khoobsurat lago"
i loved everything about the movie excpet kareena kapoor the girl does not know how to act according to meEdited by ___fanaa4u___ - 13 years ago
Kay let's do this:)

K3G is one of my forever fave movies. I was only around 9/10 when this came out so I didn't see it right then. But I remember loving this movie when I watched it.

The star cast was brilliant IMO. Everyone suited every character. SRK was great..loved Rahul. Kajol was brilliant..I loved the loud character she played:) Hrithik was great. And so was Big B and Jaya. I guess I'm from the minority who loved Kareena and Poo. I thought her character was funny. People say she acted bad but in my opinion parts of her character required that OTT annoyingness which I loved.

The movie was really touching and truly touched my heart. I honestly watched this movie hundreds of times literally but I stil manage to cry. It was made in a way that it always touches my heartstrings. And every relationship was portrayed so beautifully. Especially mother-son, brother-brother..

Ahhh the music..the music was amazing. The songs were great:) Suraj Hua Maddham, Bole Chudiya, and Yeh Ladka Hai Allah are my faves:) Suraj Hua Maddham especially..SrKadz were gorgeous in that song😳

So overall for me this film was a winner and I loved it.

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It was this film that made me fall in love with Kareena's acting. Well it was actually the first film I have seen her in, and I loved it. IMO no other actress in bollywood ever could do Poo. That how special Poo is. Kareena played it so well, made me laugh every scene she came. Man that girl can act. Kareena's character was supppose to go OTT. And she did that perfectly, and the viewers job is to hate her because she is that kind of character. Since most people didn't like her character, than she did a job well done ;).

Film it was good, not great. But it's a great family film entertainer.

Songs: Loved bole Chudiya, Deewana hai deko, and You are my sonia. Great dancing by Kareena and HR.

Cast: all were amazing, perfectly casted, and all have done well.

Awards. Kajol shouldn't have recieved best actress for her role. She was not that great in it.

PS film is one time Watch, If I want to watch it again I only see Kareena's part, everytime I see it she makes me laugh....it doesn't get old. You rock Poo πŸ˜† Edited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Ugggh ...... how much i dislike this flick ......such a great ensemble cast but a total let down in terms of content and acting ......I mean KJO has no clue abt how to make decent flicks and i am glad he gave up the directors chair  cause he seriously ruins the flick with his over dosage of emotions ........cliched stuff

The music was good ......and probably the only +ve thing abt the flick .....

The actors ....i think i would rate this flick as the entire cast's worst effort .....Kajol was over the top ...... Hrithik ....didnt no how to act at that time ....SRK ....i think the role did nothing for him nor did he do anything for it ....Jaya and AB ...what a let down ...why were they even a part of this in the first place ?????

As for Bebo ...i think she got the best suited role ...and did a fab job .....u just cant imagine ne one else as poo......
Edited by rdfan - 13 years ago
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
loved it

specially kajol,

the way she says gamla , gamla nahi vase and cries

so funny
kajol is too funny, srk kajol scenes are best
shahzad_niz thumbnail
Movie was OK, actors were suited and music was also good but I think I liked mohabatian more.

http://bollywoodmovies.ueuo.com