CID

tough poll ! - Page 3

Poll

Do u watch any other detective serial in any language?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DemonStar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Yeh, in Lost Symbol I thought Dan got too carried away by the expositions about technical stuff and the pacing of the book suffered as a result. The ending was kinda confusing too (to me), and not really satisfying. But even in this one, the character of the villain was well developed and there were some very well-written twists as expected from Dan. ๐Ÿ˜Š
zerry123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Chinnu - The movies were disappointing for me yaar. Didn't enjoy them. The original flavour of the books was somehow lost in the movies...

@Demonstar - But, by now I have totally understood Dan Brown's style yaar. The nicest guy is always the villain...
DemonStar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Actually, I think one of the stronger points in Lost Symbol is that the villain is much better developed than the ones in the previous books and not shown as a one-dimensional character (except DVC maybe). His entire back-story and reason for present motives were properly planned and established. That's something I really liked in this one. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Regarding the movies, the only I things I liked there really was Tom Hanks' acting and Hans Zimmer's music. Like Zerry said, I thought the dread and dark suspense of the books was quite missing (especially in Angels & Demons).
Edited by DemonStar - 13 years ago
Chiinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
the main problem with lost symbol is of the theme...the freemason back ground is unimpressive..and the phone call and all reminds the davinci code...the theme always follow the same line of davinci code....may be thats why i dont like it....

and regarding the movies ,they are far better than harry potter movies,which lost everything after being a movie
Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
please lets stay to the topic. thanx. this conversation can be done in pms. no offense.
totallynotme101 thumbnail
sometimes...
when tv is on...
and nothing good comes..
i browse channels & if i get a interesting show, i watch it..
but rarely..
Chiinnu thumbnail
Originally posted by: DemonStar

Yeh, in Lost Symbol I thought Dan got too carried away by the expositions about technical stuff and the pacing of the book suffered as a result. The ending was kinda confusing too (to me), and not really satisfying. But even in this one, the character of the villain was well developed and there were some very well-written twists as expected from Dan. ๐Ÿ˜Š

all novels follow a dull climax...i dislike the avinci code climax too...it doesn't matter where the holygrial is. and the last scene was not believable to me. same in lost symbol, the hundreds of stairs and pyramid....all plain sight  stuff,is boring and confusing
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I used to watch 2-3 shows on Doordarshan when I was a kid,thgen I used to watch Sherlock Holmes with my brother,I've been interested in thriller shows since childhood and can watch any thriller movie be it english or Hindi,nowadays yes I used to follow CSI religiously but woh je ek Indian tadka hai woh missing tha(obviously) which I found in CID so haven't been following CSI for quite some time now !!
Chiinnu thumbnail
Originally posted by: drilabh

please lets stay to the topic. thanx. this conversation can be done in pms. no offense.

thanks for the reminder....we were going on something๐Ÿ˜†
totallynotme101 thumbnail
can anyone tell me on which channel do CSI airs?