Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

missy6892

Goldie

missy6892

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 17 July 2010 at 6:26am | IP Logged
Hey guys, This is an odd topic and i hope no one takes it the wrong way or closes it.

Well, what i am wanting to discuss here with you guys is.......... the whole india 'suhaag raat' concept. Nowdays we see in the bollywood films and on television that a lot of hype and sterotype has been given to the suhaag raat. Its all very orthodox, room is overly decorated, girl sits on bed, guy enters, he takes off ghoongat and then the lights go out LOL

What i am wondering is, how realistic is this?? I mean does it happen in real life? or is the real life situation starting to become more and more influenced by the theater representation.

For love marriages, i suppose its alright and it wud be romantic, but say if you had an arranged marriage or something and i happened to find that a room had been decorated to the extent to suffocation, and then you had to handle your husbands reaction along with the entire family??? i would literally die on the sopt LOL i mean, you would hardly even know the guy and what he feels let alone wanting to face that huh?

WHat are your views about this hype of 'suhaag raat'? Do you feel it is realistic?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..imperfect..epiphany.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Odd Topic" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..imperfect..

IF-Dazzler

..imperfect..

Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:31am | IP Logged

Ur soo right lol, In arranged marriage it would be so hard to handle all this, I wud die on the spot too lol

I don't think it's like how they show on tv.. Maybe only after watching on tv, people start to do the same in real life

But I think this can be answered by somebody who has just gotten married coz i have no idea about this but I realy want to knw too..

Nice topic btw! =]

koolkat97beautifuldreams

SweetAngel18

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 17 July 2010 at 10:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..imperfect..

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 18 July 2010 at 8:42am | IP Logged
LOL! ROFL

Nice topic. I'm REALLY glad we have realistic people here. Wink

No, love. I don't think this happens even in India. LOL

The guy and girl don't have to behave like this in the very first place if it's a love marriage. I'm sure they know what's ahead of them. ROFL

And if it's an arranged marriage, the guy if is sane enough would feel awkward in the ghunghat uthao session.  LOL

Edited by -Kanky- - 18 July 2010 at 8:43am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..imperfect..

SweetAngel18

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 18 July 2010 at 10:49am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

beautifuldreams

IF-Dazzler

beautifuldreams

Posted: 18 July 2010 at 4:40pm | IP Logged

Agree With Yu Urooj and Izzzy.

I mean yeah if i was arrange marriiage i would never so such a thing
like cuz yu barly knoe the person..
But yeah if it is love then it would be like really romantic
=)

Nice Top (y)
;]]x
Love-MrsHarryJB

missy6892

Goldie

missy6892

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 18 July 2010 at 8:15pm | IP Logged

Hey guys,

Well im definately relieved to hear this and to knw that we all have similar thoughts.

But the question which is nagging me now is..... how did all the suhaag raat suff come about??! i mean its india for gods sake, traditionally i doubt that romance even happened back then, so its hard to believe that a suhaag raat was even arranged to happen as talking about 'the act' or anything to do with it was concidered taboo.

Its pretty hard to believe LOL

..imperfect..Bazingaa

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 19 July 2010 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SweetAngel18

Originally posted by -Kanky-

LOL! ROFL

Nice topic. I'm REALLY glad we have realistic people here. Wink

No, love. I don't think this happens even in India. LOL

The guy and girl don't have to behave like this in the very first place if it's a love marriage. I'm sure they know what's ahead of them. ROFL

And if it's an arranged marriage, the guy if is sane enough would feel awkward in the ghunghat uthao session.  LOL

Exactly my thought,  i think all these are just shown in movies, does not really happen in real world and certainly not in this century

Hehe, yeah. True! LOL

But we need not worry about this. I'm sure we get married to sane men, this won't happen. LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top