shootingstar27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Papiya's elimination was the saddest elimination to date for me.She is such a graceful dancer. It saddens me that even in this day and age,there are people out there who would prefer a boy child over a girl.I hope she never gives up on her dream.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rimpa. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Jess.

Thats what i thought when i watched it. Ber mom is gonna have to hear a lot from her husband when she gets home...definitely not a good idea to say all that on TV.

I felt Papiya's mom vented out of frustration.Anyway u r correct its not an good idea. But good side is that her story was not used to garner sympathy vote for her.
-Sneha thumbnail
Just goes to show that as fast as we flow, some parts of the society, some members of it still stay as crass and harsh as ever. The girl's got so much of talent, I could feel her pain on being eliminated. Nothing's more important to a girl than her father's support, ask someone like me who's always had it for everything. A girl starts a life as her father as a role model, and it's really, really unfortunate when she learns that the same father never wanted to have her in the first place. Sad for the girl, literally disheartening.

I don't know whether it's a good thing to bring it all out in the public or not. That's tricky really, it might sway on either side. But I do hope, sincerely and kindheartedly, that what Terence said gives something to ponder to her father. Today's women have shown that they're capable of matching up in everything. People should realize, that by outputting their girls, they're going to go nowhere, nowhere. Period!
Persephone_Pri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
So sad 2 hear Papi's story😭😭.
Her elimination was really heartbreaking💔.
She is a very talented dancer n i m sure she will shine in her future👍🏼😃😃
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
her dad is such a 🤬
i m proud of u my princess! & i hope she really goes far & gets more successful in future & makes her mom proud atleast, if not dad!
daisyluv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
When she got eliminated,  n she was cryin ..i thought to myself..ur just a kid..life moves on..stop it..but after hearin her story i felt bad i said tht..i judged her w/out knowin her..its really sad..and i wish her all the best for her future opportunities.. :) 
babli1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
does anyone know if papiya's dad stay with them/...the reason i ask is on tv, papiya's mom said that her had didnt want girl child and that he doesnt call her...even though such things do exist in some families but out of fear or social stigma, people dont say in open unless they dont stay together...
papiya is very talented and great child, i wish her all the best in future and pray that she should get waht she is dreaming for....
PAPIYA deserved to stay longer!!...she only lacked true connection with the audience, so she played somewhat of an underdog role 😒 they didn't focus on her much like they did with other contestants ..she was an amazingly talented girl just "there".... 

i feel terrible that she had to live through the competition knowing that someone important in her life is being such a jerk - not praising or motivating her. .poor thing..im glad she has her mom to stand by her. awwwww papiyaaa <33.
-Neha- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
????
I don't think that her mom needed to make that public....
feeling bad for Papiya...
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: sanaya11

When she got eliminated,  n she was cryin ..i thought to myself..ur just a kid..life moves on..stop it..but after hearin her story i felt bad i said tht..i judged her w/out knowin her..its really sad..and i wish her all the best for her future opportunities.. :) 

Of course life moves on, but wouldnt you be sad if you got eliminated after putting so much effort into the competition? Its only natural.