Jokes
Jokes

Grandma's latest letter...

Ajay Groupbie
Ajay
Ajay

Posted: 07 February 2005 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Dear Freind,

The other day I went up to a local Christian bookstore and saw a bumper sticker saying, "Honk if u love Jesus." I was feeling a bit sassy that day because I had just come from a thrilling choir service, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting so I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper. Boy am I glad I did! What an uplifting experience followed!

I was stopped at a red light on a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good he is.... and I didnt notice that the light had changed. It's a good thing someone else loves Jesus because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed!! I found that LOTS of people love Jesus!

While I was sitting there, the guy behind me started honkin like crazy - and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, "For the love of GOD, woman, GO! GO!, Jesus Christ, GO!!!"

What an exuburant cheerleader he was for Jesus! Everyone started honkin! I just leaned out of my window and started waving and smiling at all these loving people. I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love.

There must have been a man from Florida back there because I heard him yelling something about a "sunny beach". I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. I asked my teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant. He said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign or something....

Well I've never met anyone from Hawaii, so I leaned out of the window and gave him the good luck sign right back! My grandson burst out laughing... he was enjoying the religious experience too...!!

A couple of people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me. I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended but this is when I noticed the lights had changed - so I waved to all the good brothers and sisters grinning and drove on through the intersection. I noticed I was the only car that got through before the lights changed and I felt kinda sad that I had to leave them - especially after all the love we had shared. So I slowed the car down, leaned out of the window and gave them the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away!! Thank the Lord for all these God fearing folk!!

Love,

Grandma.

|Persephone| IF-Sizzlerz
|Persephone|
|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director, BollyCurry Executive Director

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
i've read this somewhere before...lol
popkurn IF-Rockerz
popkurn
popkurn

Posted: 20 February 2005 at 8:18pm | IP Logged