Debate Mansion

women who look like men and vice versa: (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 July 2010 at 1:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "women who look like men and vice versa: (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 15 July 2010 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jettythegod

Originally posted by qwertyesque

humor is almost always somebody else's misery.. So no boat and float. .. just laugh.. We are not judging here.. what happening to this world.. People are not only losing their sense of humor.. they want to think convoluted!!!!Unless you are not in the US you are just affirming this way of thinking typically of being amongst americans!!

Heres situations when one could laugh at someone without it being their fault!! some fat people.. people slipping and falling over somethign slipperty which they didnt create.. chain reaction of people colliding or something similar... people with squint,  too much of buck teeth...and trying to sing, its life and things like people come in various forms and shapes.. please feel free to laugh...yes you can be civil and just turn away from that women with moustache.. but it is funny!!

haha, we once used to call this guy bunny coz he had two front teeth lol

also there was this guy whose mannerisms resembled that of a girl, so we used to call him chakka. This however, was only due to the fact that he was hateful. One of the worst combos that a person can have is ugly and hateful LOL you can't apply the beauty is only skin deep rule. Tongue but do you think its ok to laugh at strangers?

Ok imagine you are in a restaurant andsome fat lady falls as she perches in the chair.. I dont know about you but I will laugh.. first and then extend help.. in fact its otherway round.. if you know someone you dont laugh its common to laugh at strangers.. since I first said.. humor is somebody else's misery and that somebody cant be somebody you know.. one wouldnt laugh if ones dad or mom fell of the chair same way!!!

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 15 July 2010 at 1:18am | IP Logged

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 15 July 2010 at 2:10am | IP Logged
LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 15 July 2010 at 3:30am | IP Logged

humor is almost always somebody else's misery.. So no boat and float. .. just laugh.. We are not judging here.. what happening to this world.. People are not only losing their sense of humor.. they want to think convoluted!!!!Unless you are not in the US you are just affirming this way of thinking typically of being amongst americans!!

Heres situations when one could laugh at someone without it being their fault!! some fat people.. people slipping and falling over somethign slipperty which they didnt create.. chain reaction of people colliding or something similar... people with squint,  too much of buck teeth...and trying to sing, its life and things like people come in various forms and shapes.. please feel free to laugh...yes you can be civil and just turn away from that women with moustache.. but it is funny!!

also there was this guy whose mannerisms resembled that of a girl, so we used to call him chakka. This however, was only due to the fact that he was hateful. One of the worst combos that a person can have is ugly and hateful LOL you can't apply the beauty is only skin deep rule. Tongue but do you think its ok to laugh at strangers?

Ok imagine you are in a restaurant andsome fat lady falls as she perches in the chair.. I dont know about you but I will laugh.. first and then extend help.. in fact its otherway round.. if you know someone you dont laugh its common to laugh at strangers.. since I first said.. humor is somebody else's misery and that somebody cant be somebody you know.. one wouldnt laugh if ones dad or mom fell of the chair same way!!!
What if she fell on you ?LOL

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 15 July 2010 at 7:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

What if she fell on you ?LOL

Now what do you expect me to say I would hold you like SRK holding  Kajol or something!!!??? LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 15 July 2010 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

Do these people go through anything in society?(I personally had a problem similar to this, I looked like a baby up till the 12th grade. Tongue) Anyway,I remember there was a girl who looked like a man, and no one was her friend. One eyebrow, slight mustache, sad. I felt sorry for her :( Also some guy's voice was like a girl and he used to be made fun of. He also had feminine features, like that "all the single ladies football team guy" in glee.

I don't think people should mistreat or single out such people.

Anyway, have any of you ever met such people and have these ppl been treated with respect/equality?

elaborate.

Unless one is the Egyptian queen Nefertiti there is no reason for women to have excess facial hair. Yes, many women do suffer from excessive facial hair - it happens. However, for that there is waxing, threading, creams electrolysis and all that stuff.

As for women, I think it is alright for them to look boyish. In fact many people consider women having boyish charm as attractive, cute and likable. Note the key operative here is boyish, not manly.

In the eighties Mary Stuart Masterson always played the tomboy or similar boyish characters in John Hughes' 'Some Kind of Wonderful' and other movies. She was never made fun of but was counted amidst one of America's sweethearts and had a huge male fan following.

As the tomboy Watts in 'Some Kind of Wonderful'

As the rebellious anti-southern belle in 'Fried Green Tomatoes'

Thats her today, kind of a turn round like Kajol in KKHH

Even the androgynous look is more or less accepted for women. Kate Moennig, Julie Andrews, Judi Dench have all played androgynous roles and actually been loved for it. In fact Kate Moennig's character Shane McCuthcheon had a huge male and female fan following and people wanted to be her rather than make fun of her.

Anyway it is much harder for boys. For some reason societally there has been a lot more aversion to effeminate looks in men. Although with the emo movement, metrosexuality and other pop cultures even effeminate men are being more accepted.

I mean how many women swooned over pretty elf boy Legolas

Or the growing popularity of J-pop, k-pop boy bands comprised of prettiest men on earth. Heck sometimes I think singer Rain is bigger than SRK

On the whole I think humans have a tendency to look down on what is different. Not just men and women who don't meet their gender conventions - anyone who looks different is made fun off. I don't expect people to suppress the natural tendency to laugh a bit. However, there is no reason to be rude or go out of the way to make fun for someone. Every person deserves to be treated with respect no matter how they look.

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 18 July 2010 at 10:40pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top