Debate Mansion

BEST FRIENDS?? - Page 2

seema_17 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
This content was originally posted by-goth princess

i agree with u yaar.it feels really horrible wen someone says something that hurts yr feelings, esspecially a friend.

I agree with u guys there... if its a close frnd then their opinion matters a lot, for example i have this guy frnd... well i kinda have feelings for him😳and we used to talk a lo on msn, well i am kinda thin... so one day he just tells me oh man u need to eat and gain weight u r seriously anorexic and i will quote him here as he said, "i don't care if u get hurt but its the truth" well i do kno it is the truth and i have known it for a long time but somehow hearing it from him just made it so much worse, i cried the whole day, and when i acted hurt he did not even seem to care... so do u guys think that he cares for me as a frnd atleast??πŸ˜•

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
I agree with most of you here. Best friends are there to give there hand when you need the most and they are one who stand besides you in time of crises. If I were best friend I would not want to hurt my friend's feelings deliberately. I don't think I would every critisize for his/her looks 'coz that's something shallow and it's beyond friendship. As far as behavior or decision is concern I would definetly talk with him/her in private. If you are best friends I would definetly tell him/her what I didn't like about his or her behavior 'coz communication is must rather than just sitting and singing song about your friendshiop, But it should be very tactful so you don't hurt his/her feelings. And like Indygirl said it's very important and any message should be conveyed tact fully whether its your best friend or a sibling or a parent.
dare_dis_devil thumbnail
hey....i do agree wid wht most of d ppl hfe said abt dis thing....

i mean, if u find smething wrong in ur best fren, smething tat he/she shud change....well, u shud just tell them right away....

i mean, tats wht being smeone's best friend is all about, riight....fren'ship is basically about helping each other grow in life.... so, methinks one shud b completely frank n "on-ur-face" wid ones best buds.... 😊 😊
rebelqueen thumbnail
well..i think a best frnd shud guid e and speak honestly and stop the concerned 4m going the wrong way-it's a best frnd's duty- i think
as far as speaking politely ans all that's concerned-well i thinkthat's supposed 2 be a "best frnd"
a best frnd shud know what 2 say when and even how...he/she shud know the person's moods/feelings etc and say it in such a way that she doesn't hurt him/her
but if the frnd restrains from guiding and saying when his/her frnd is wrong then...that's hardly called a frnd
Groovychick thumbnail
well if they say such things abt u in front of u or behind ur bak den dere not reali ur true frend!! my best frend would neva do dt 2 me coz she's lyk d sweetest thing eva n she's such a frend that i could give my lyf 4 her 😳 ..bless her πŸ˜›
Traveller thumbnail

This content was originally posted by-Groovychick

well if they say such things abt u in front of u or behind ur bak den dere not reali ur true frend!! my best frend would neva do dt 2 me coz she's lyk d sweetest thing eva n she's such a frend that i could give my lyf 4 her 😳 ..bless her πŸ˜›

hey thats cool u can even give ur life for her..πŸ˜›..it seems like a solid friendship..touchwood..but hey i wanted to ask u whether u or she finds something wrong in the others conduct,or maybe the way she handles something do u think u shd openly tell her or tell her quietly later on ..or maybe even not tell her?how does it work for u

Sharila thumbnail
I have only two best friends, and they both are very loyal to me. I can share anything and everything with them. They never talk behind my back or make any remarks about me. The fact is that they know that I am a very private person and do not wish to share my thoughts with other people. so I say if you feel the way you are feeling confront your friend very kindly and ask. Make him or her understand that its not okay to do so. If you are hurt then you owe it to yourself to make it known to your friend. Maybe your friend did not realize what was said has hurt you
Traveller thumbnail
thanx...that was a nice r reply πŸ˜ƒ
sweet freedom thumbnail
well, i dunno, if my best friend really is my best friend, i dunno y...i just dont think she understands me...u guys will probably think this is really stupid but i think the best friend anyone can ever have is their teddy bear, seriously i do.
im 13, but im still a little girl, i still love my teddies like mi family...and even though i know they cant feel, i cant ever treat them like a toy, i treat them like family.
now u can laugh, all u want
ashley1 thumbnail
Mr./Ms. Traveller, I exactly know what you are talking about. One of my best friends (not a friend anymore) said that because I act childish sometimes, so people love me but they don't repect me. She said that I should be more mature. And I know how I am supposed to behave in different situations & places. I know that I am much more mature than she is & just because I am a boss at work, should not mean that I become non-friendly & bossy with the people working under me. I don't like to be bossy & she is bossy. So, I think the actual thing was that she was very very jealous because people liked me, & not her. And also, I don't think that respect & love cannot go together. The truth is that LOVE & RESPECT should exist together.