Debate Mansion

India-Forums

BEST FRIENDS??

Traveller Senior Member
Traveller
Traveller

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 12:40am | IP Logged

HEY EVERYBODY!

SOMEHOW I NEVER HAVE BEEN ABLE TO COME TO A CONCLUSION ABOUT HOW FRANK A BEST FRIEND SHOULD BE.......I MEAN WELL I DEFINETLY AGREE THAT A BEST FRIEND SHOULD TELL U WHEN UR WRONG OR TELL U SOMETHING THAT MAY ULTIMATELY BENEFIT U.....BUT SOMETIMES A REALLY CLOSE FRIEND MAY GO TO SAY THINGS ABOUT UR BEHAVIOUR OR UR LOOKS THAT MAY HURT U....WHAT EXACTLY DO U GUYS THINK THE LIMIT SHOULD BE?

I THINK IF ITS SAID IN A TACTFUL MANNER AND IF ITS TRUE IT SHOULD BE OK...BUT NOT WHEN IT IS SAID ACCUSINGLY OR WITH A HURTFUL INTENT

**Viewbies note pls donot use all caps lock in ur post as it represents shoutin on the net**

Edited by samie - 04 December 2005 at 5:50am

hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 7:10am | IP Logged
well my friend has never done that...so i have no experience.... Tongue Tongue Tongue
but i think if that person does things like these then it is wrong on their part coz they r hurting someone's feelings.they shud be polite to say and that also to u...... Tongue
Traveller Senior Member
Traveller
Traveller

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hazelgirl

well my friend has never done that...so i have no experience.... Tongue Tongue Tongue
but i think if that person does things like these then it is wrong on their part coz they r hurting someone's feelings.they shud be polite to say and that also to u...... Tongue
Wink
paagalhoonmain IF-Rockerz
paagalhoonmain
paagalhoonmain

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 8:56am | IP Logged
first i think if a best friendhurts u,then it may be that he/she is not ur best friend.hope u understood my point.and their r fights b/w best friends,that only shows love,some teasings and all,thats part of friendship.
Traveller Senior Member
Traveller
Traveller

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 9:58am | IP Logged

Originally posted by raghavgautam

first i think if a best friendhurts u,then it may be that he/she is not ur best friend.hope u understood my point.and their r fights b/w best friends,that only shows love,some teasings and all,thats part of friendship.

hey ,

ya i got what ur trying to saySmile 

but then what i want to know is that when ur best friend tells u something about for instance the way u behave or dress,should that also be taken in the spirit of friendship?or sometimes maybe crack a joke on u publicly?

thats really got me confused....

paagalhoonmain IF-Rockerz
paagalhoonmain
paagalhoonmain

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Traveller

Originally posted by raghavgautam

hey ,

ya i got what ur trying to saySmile 

but then what i want to know is that when ur best friend tells u something about for instance the way u behave or dress,should that also be taken in the spirit of friendship?or sometimes maybe crack a joke on u publicly?

thats really got me confused....

may be sumtimes jokes,but u can tell,the friend will stop if udont like,may be true,then respect that.hope u got it.just my views,no bindings

sweet freedom IF-Dazzler
sweet freedom
sweet freedom

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 11:13am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Traveller

I THINK IF ITS SAID IN A TACTFUL MANNER AND IF ITS TRUE IT SHOULD BE OK...BUT NOT WHEN IT IS SAID ACCUSINGLY OR WITH A HURTFUL INTENT

i agree with u yaar.it feels really horrible wen someone says something that hurts yr feelings, esspecially a friend.

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Yes its important you say it as tactfully as possible , whether its your best friend or a sibling or a parent .

And if your friend cracks jokes at you in front of others , well i hardly think that person deserves to be called your friend.

Go to top