Metti Oli

Metti Oli Character guide (Page 6)

Rekha8 Senior Member
Rekha8
Rekha8

Posted: 23 September 2004 at 10:39am | IP Logged
THanks alot Nagi..

That was good enough for Santhosh..

Siva, enakku niraya punishment thanthidar. Big smile I was hoping someone would help me outhere.. Kaduvul mathiri vanthu help pannithathu thanks.. LOL

Siva Senior Member
Siva
Siva

Posted: 23 September 2004 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

Rekha ok. you know I am kidding...

I will do Ravi (punishment to me?....no , not)

Siva Senior Member
Siva
Siva

Posted: 23 September 2004 at 2:01pm | IP Logged

There are people with personality traits that show the desire control to another. These people get gratification in seeing the others being controlled by them and suffer because of their acts. This side of Ravi's image was revealed best when he phoned Leela and spoke as if he was hurt (and almost died) in accident and feeling happy at Leela's suffering. So, he would not mind his death if Leela suffers after that...This touches masochistic sadism.

Ravi stands out in Metti Oli for not having affection for any one and not being liked by anyone. Ravi married Sumathy before he married Leela. He does not seem to think of Sumathy any more. But, he is sure that Leela thinks of her lover Selvam always. There is a saying "Others are merely mirror images of you".  One cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself. Ravi fits this perfectly. Ravi hates himself for not being loved by Leela. So he hates Leela. Ravi hates himself for not being respected by Leela's family. So he hates every one of them. Ravi hates not being seen as a normal man by his father. So he hates his father. Ravi hates being the father of girl babies. So he hates them too. Ravi was seemingly missing Leela when Leela was away with her father in AK after the birth of twin girls. But, it is clear that he missed only the slavery done by Leela and he did not miss the passion of Leela..

Ravi likes being rich, as every one does. Money seem to change his mood temporarily and as money does not self sustain so his mood does not sustain. He works and runs the electrical appliance's retail shop; He seems to address his customers normally, but only if they do not reflect any of his dislikes. Example was the customer who was buying appliances for his daughter's wedding.

Luckiest person in Ravi's family was Ravi's mother, Meenakshi. She passed away earlier before seeing Ravi in his worst. Every action is a cause for something else; her passing away was the cause of more misery of Leela's life after that.  It is hard to say Ravi was protective of Leela in Kodai, by opening up against Rajam. Even there, he was provoked because his image got hurt when Leela was matched with someone else other than him.

There is apparently nothing left in this world for him to show his love. Leela is almost with no option other than moving out of her wedding. If not, I fear that the babies will have to see the worst father and also have to witness continuous domestic violence. And Ravi thinks that he is correct in his acts.

As we come to hear the news everyday, we see how God has created Man and Woman not with equal physical powesr and how that is being abused by Men against their own spouse.

By Ravi's character Metti Oli has only touched the tip of the ice berg.

Edited by Siva - 23 September 2004 at 2:10pm
Siva Senior Member
Siva
Siva

Posted: 23 September 2004 at 9:15pm | IP Logged

That is correct too...(about hatred for women)

Siva Senior Member
Siva
Siva

Posted: 24 September 2004 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
Rekha...missed your deadline again!
Siva Senior Member
Siva
Siva

Posted: 27 September 2004 at 9:33am | IP Logged

Aleyamma...thanks for open appreciation. I am not a psychologist by profession, but I study it at my spare times...Yes, I have met lots of people with different nature and that continues every day.

Yes, you should do Viji....a major character still not done. and also Santhosh, a character which you would enjoy doing the analysis ( I think.)

taruni Newbie
taruni
taruni

Posted: 28 September 2004 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
So Aleyamma, you are a lawyer. No wonder you have the gift of the gab. I always enjoyed reading your comments.Smile
MettiOli Groupbie
MettiOli
MettiOli

Posted: 03 October 2004 at 3:49pm | IP Logged

Ramesh

It's commonly said that there is a place for everyone in this world, and a charter for each person on this planet.

If we were to speculate on the place in this world for Ramesh, it is probably not in the heart of Bhavani. Or even the edupidi that comes along with Bhavani. He was Rummy to our Nimmy, but alas, they too were not meant to be.

He is surely not destined to be a writer. Most people vividly remember his attempts to write a poetic love letter to Bhavani. Try hard he did, yet could not come up with lines like 'Poongatrile, un swasathai thaniyaga thedi parthen'. The best he could come up was more like 'Masthaana Masthaana, naan than unakku machana. Yes thaana yes thaana, kelviku pathilu yes thaana'. Luckily for him his brother-in-law single handedly took care of that letter.

So what does this person, affectionately referred to as 'Thadi Maadu' by Guru, live for? What is his role on this planet? The answer for that is not in Thiru's hands. It is in the hands of our beloved Bose. Smile

Edited by MettiOli - 03 October 2004 at 9:16pm

Go to top