Metti Oli Character guide - Page 2

Posted: 19 years ago

About Rajam : Ramesh, Very Good...same lines as I expected. Keep editing it and let us know as you edit...

As you mentioned, this character in a way, shows the result of toughness, insecurity, greed, intolerence, dominance plus possessiveness. Your words "she manages to inflict peace or pandemonium " is perfect and that is forceful.

Arundhathi

All of us are enrolled in Fulltime School called Life. There is no part of life that does not contain its lesson. If you are alive there are lessons to be learnt. You may like the lesson or think the lessons are irrelevant and stupid. (Quote from 'The Rules of Being Juman', Dale Carnegie). Most of us think, if I am given a second chance to live, I will do this different and correct.

Arundhathi's life is a answer to many 'What if..' questions in Metti Oli. What happens if a father manipulates his daughter into a wedding of his choice, knowing well about his daughter's affair? What happens if the manipulation comes to light after the wedding? What happens if that woman decides to leave the wedding in search of new life with her lover? What happens if her lover turns out to be not as good as she thought…..? If all this happens, the character ends up in Metti Oli as Arundhathi.

She is a classic example of how nothing can be taken for granted or assumed in our life.  When a man (Manikkam) who had extra marital affair, is given chances and could be accepted, when a woman who is infidel (Sarala) could still live in wedded life, when a woman who had pre-marital love and relationship (Viji) can be totally accepted, it is a pathetic story that a woman who breaks the wedding for her old lover could end up in misery. If only, the lover was true her faith, Arundhathi's life would have been totally different. By the time she finds the truth about her second life, she is unwanted by everyone in the society and she tastes rejection and unequal justice, but finds her separated husband (Selvam) is the moral support!

When unfaithfulness of the present life rejects her, nobility from the past life supports her and shows a new path. She is good mannered, educated and can support herself, if only the society let her live alone now. She likes her husband after divorce, but can they become one again? She wishes a good life for her divorced husband, but has she got a part in it?

Metti Oli has touched a rare woman character for a television drama…there are no mistakes, only lessons.

Edited by Siva - 19 years ago
wow, siva, ramesh and minnal - beautifully done. siva, "family referring to authority relations than love " is a good one - the love of M to others based on what he gets back is the trait passed from his mother - either genetically or emotionally. so much for inheritance!!! Ramesh, your analysis of R is real good. she must have had it rough at all times. i guess everybody in this world thinks that only they have personally experienced tough times and nobody else's is worse than what they have gone thro - to justify their behaviour - "take it or leave it" is the choice of the individual. minnal yours is on a lighter note - very refreshing, esp the varakaapi stuff - i always feel fresh when i have a coffee , must try varakaapi and see if it works the same way!!! glad to be associated with all of u, love, roja 

Shall I take Dhanam? Anybody else wants to do it? If not, I'll prepare my write-up today and post it tomorrow.

Dhanam is the eldest of 5 daughters. A woman who is full of love for her younger sisters, but doesn't know how to show it. She is always in an argumentative mood and doesn't hesitate to give rude omments. She is blessed with an understanding uncle cum husband who tolerates her nonsense (though not as "divine" as Gopi 😊). She has a lot of ego and hates it when anyone badmouths her husband or her "not so rich" status. Being married to her uncle, she finds it easy to forever "camp" at her father's house and look after her sisters (whoever is left at home 😆).

Extra notes :
In _some_ ways, I am like Dhanam in her behaviour(who valarifies all the wrong things at the wrong place) and have with a husband like Bose who looks after his sister-in-laws. The similariies stop there. No more "insights" into me.... 😉

Awesome job, everyone. Thanks to Minnal, I have the choice to do a humourous update if I want to. BTW, who is Nagi going to potray? C or someone else?
Who are you portraying? I thought 'C'

I started C and ended up with a bad constuct like this:

Originally posted by MettiOli

Chidambaram: The story revolves around the lives and pains of his five daughters and eventually his. A land broker by professsion, he makes amazing money (2.5 lakhs on a single deal) but is perinially poor...that was bad, will ask Nagi to write this portion.

so I said Nagi should do his role.

Minnal...here is the list of who is working on which character.

Rekha : Viji

Kokarakko : Selvam

Nagi : Chidambaram  (no confirmation from Nagi)

No takers for yet: Bose, Ravi   

If I do not see reply till this afternoon, I will do Saro or one of the other two.

I will submit mine before tonite.

Nagi, did confirm that she will do 'C' and asked us to give her a day or so.