Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 03 December 2005 at 9:56pm | IP Logged

This is a less serious topic compared to the couple of others I was wondering about earlier in the forumSmile 

Indian weddings

In many Indian weddings, there are lots of people. There are the ones you know and love and many you dont even remember and sometimes dont even know. They all party, bless you, eat good food, bring gifts (sometimes not, it is not mandatory or the unwritten rule in indian weddings to bring gifts, just blessings are fine too).

Often weddings are celebrated for several days. A lot of money is spent on clothes, jewellery, food and gifts for family and friends. Some friends of mine have spent some serious money on their weddings- their parents in most casesLOL.

Sometimes I think spending that kind of money is really a waste and one could really do some charity. But then the capitalist in me awakens and I think you are getting married- that is reason enough to celebrate and it is your money really, do what you want with it. Meet all those new faces and let them join too.  The wedding "market" creates jobs, small and big. From people that get to sell flowers, pots and pans, tents, chairs so many little things to large hotels and the like that keep their businesses flourishing.

What is your take?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Weddings in India" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 7:06am | IP Logged
well....i think more than the wastage ..it is the feelings that counts.when one gets married ...its a joyous memory of a lifetime so.......they want it to look the best.one who spends..its their choice. Tongue Tongue Tongue so ..... Tongue

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
You are right Rindam , in the wedding held in India , money is practically thrown away . I too am a capitalist !! But when you look at the way people spend money , its almost gross . Knowing that money wasted could be used for more practical things many times for the newly married couple .......to begin their new life !!Also giving to charity could bring in a lot of blessings for the couple !! Smile

Fariha2506

Fariha2506

Posted: 04 December 2005 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
I think it is ok to spend money for ur wedding..because if u look at it.. it's supposed to be the happiest moment in ur life.. that for most people would probably only come once in life and it's a cause of great celebration and the start of a new life.. and starting that new life with loads of exciting memories and the flourisment of ur wedding is pretty exciting to me. Plus I think if you want to spend sooooooo much money then this day is perfect, one should splurge at least once in life...why not on your wedding day!!!!!!

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 05 December 2005 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Yeah, I see both your points of view.
I guess it's OK to spend in my world if you have the money.

But if my life would be anything like the Ekta serials Id save some for the many trips down the aisle LOL .

dannyk

IF-Veteran Member

dannyk

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 6:55am | IP Logged
yeah we are spending lot of money in the marriage but most they spent on competition as some one in this place spend this much amount for marriage so i have to spend more .. and here the problem is started .. we always says that we marry once in a life time so why not to spend .. but if we save the same money and kept it for newly couple then this will be help ful for there whole life ..

ppl always worry about what other says .. they think if they spend less money then what society will call them ..

about the marriages in few days .. see in olden days there were no ways of transportation so ppl are not moving much to other places so such marriages are helpful to get together such way they can meet each others

kitty468

IF-Dazzler

kitty468

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 9:48am | IP Logged
ya i agree. its a waste of money. esp my mom feels so. she asked my father to have a register marriage as she was the one who is going to pay for it. but she was deceived in this matter. so she is really against it. lately i have realised the amount of money spent on weddings. unless u have a budjet money just seems to flow out ur hands. i rather spend my money in a different way. like have a party with my close friends call it sangeet cum mehndi cum chudi lagana, basically sing n dance the whole day. then do a register marriage. and finally professional photos.n might be have reception for close family members who waiting for me to get married. personally i would like to spend a lot on my clothes and look on that day. nice topic.

Signora2

Goldie

Signora2

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Oh the wedding season is on, for me lots of invites but cant be there the exams also start around this time. Marriages in the family allow u to meet so many relatives and cousins, it is fun.
In Delhi farmhouse weddings are in and Vips create nuisance because the traffic gets stuck. so really these kinds of things disrupt ur day to day life.
Personally I think, it is sheer wastage to spend that much money.
It is better to go for a simple marriage ceremony, the money spent will not strengthen the bond, but then choice is entiterly yours.
   In K serials the marriages usually flop after great celebrations.   LOL, Yeah Rindam the wedding market sure provides lots of jobs and it pushes the seasonal economy. LOL kaya kare sabka soochna padta hai. call it liberalisation.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top