Debate Mansion

Do you believe in "paranormal things"? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 9

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 9
Page 6 Page 9

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 12 July 2010 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

Originally posted by cuckoocutter

lol why cant we have a world where there aint any anti-thing?l

that's what i said to myself when i first saw your posts a couple of months back.

This reminds me that recently I was wondering about 'contrast'. Reading about optical neurons that mainly perceive the contrast, made me wonder if we are more sensitive to contrast, or find more meaning in contrast, as compared to the absolute.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you believe in "paranormal things"? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 12 July 2010 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cuckoocutter

Originally posted by Mister.K.

Originally posted by angie.4u

I havent seen a ghost so I dont believe in one but I dont want to see one either ! Does that make me a believer or a non believer ?

No ghosts implies no angels as well. You have to remember that.

You can't just have attraction (positive charge) and not have repulsion (negative charge).

lol why cant we have a world where there aint any anti-thing? like money. everyone can have it, if you just print more of it. lol
there isnt really. but its our imagination that makes us such  do such generalizations.... we expect the universe to be too perfect.. i dont think.. it is!!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 July 2010 at 11:11pm | IP Logged

@Qwerty--I believe our world or universe created in perfect way, but our thoughts and views are not perfect, cos of different reasons, religion,society,way of life etc etc...Belief is borrowed...& experience is not belief...It has nothing to do with doctrines and philosophies, theologies, ideologies......Smile

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 12 July 2010 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I just made a light-hearted topic into a scientific one, sorry! For kicks, I'm sure you guys have all heard stories of spirits taking over bodies ... people acting weird and unnatural, completely unlike themselves, and then coming out of these episodes without any memory of what has occurred. My dad also tells us a story of a girl that lived in his neighborhood when he was young who would be taken over by a spirit, she would get angry, and behave completely unlike herself. In fact, her voice would change into a man's, somehow indicating a male spirit that had entered her body. As a child, I would get scared of these stories, but now I just roll my eyes. I'm sure my dad is not lying about this episode, but there are scientific explanations to explain these things. In fact, did you know, that is Dissociative Identity Disorder, where people display multiple identities without being conscious aware of these identities, sometimes also experience a change in their voices, which clearly explains this phenomena of spirits taking over.

I certainly did not intend to write this much. Apologies to those who bothered reading it. ;-)

Well, there is always a rational explanation. Paranormal activity is basically activity that is currently beyond scientific scope.  Eerie, bizarre, inexplicable, absurd, irrational - occurrences that make no logical sense. The only thing is we have not found plausible or logical explanations yet.

My dad and grandma tell a lot of ghost stories too. My great grandfather apparently used to hunt witches. He and his sisters could see witches at night dancing around the well in the courtyard. They claim of seeing possessions, exorcisms and all that jazz. As a child, I would get creeped out. Now I just laugh it off.

But, to go back to not so normal stuff -

Whatever happened to the Romanovs? Where are the missing bodies?
Did the Philadelphia experiment take place?
What about crop circles?
Who built Stonehenge and the Pyramids?
Whats up with the Terracotta army?
Is there an El-Dorado

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 13 July 2010 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Watch this movie:

Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_Shade

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 July 2010 at 2:16am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Midnight_Shade

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 July 2010 at 3:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 13 July 2010 at 10:03am | IP Logged

So did anyone listen to the audio clip?

How many times did you have to sleep with the lights ON? I have done it few times esp after watching a really darawni movie like The Ring. LOL

BTW

Eerie figure haunts Scottish castle

Post Reply New Post

Go to top