Do you believe in "paranormal things"? - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
^ There goes the CAT out of the bag again. 😆 Isska bhi galat matlab nikal doo?
Originally posted by return_to_hades

^ There goes the CAT out of the bag again. 😆 Isska bhi galat matlab nikal doo?

NOO!! Keep your dirty mind to yourself. How many times do I have to tell you that? 😛 MCAT fever still hasn't left yet, as you can see. 😆

Y'all better take as much advantage of this now as you can. Haha.
Originally posted by Mister.K.

that's what i said to myself when i first saw your posts a couple of months back.

This reminds me that recently I was wondering about 'contrast'. Reading about optical neurons that mainly perceive the contrast, made me wonder if we are more sensitive to contrast, or find more meaning in contrast, as compared to the absolute.
Originally posted by cuckoocutter

lol why cant we have a world where there aint any anti-thing? like money. everyone can have it, if you just print more of it. lol
there isnt really. but its our imagination that makes us such  do such generalizations.... we expect the universe to be too perfect.. i dont think.. it is!!

@Qwerty--I believe our world or universe created in perfect way, but our thoughts and views are not perfect, cos of different reasons, religion,society,way of life etc etc...Belief is borrowed...& experience is not belief...It has nothing to do with doctrines and philosophies, theologies, ideologies......😊

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I just made a light-hearted topic into a scientific one, sorry! For kicks, I'm sure you guys have all heard stories of spirits taking over bodies ... people acting weird and unnatural, completely unlike themselves, and then coming out of these episodes without any memory of what has occurred. My dad also tells us a story of a girl that lived in his neighborhood when he was young who would be taken over by a spirit, she would get angry, and behave completely unlike herself. In fact, her voice would change into a man's, somehow indicating a male spirit that had entered her body. As a child, I would get scared of these stories, but now I just roll my eyes. I'm sure my dad is not lying about this episode, but there are scientific explanations to explain these things. In fact, did you know, that is Dissociative Identity Disorder, where people display multiple identities without being conscious aware of these identities, sometimes also experience a change in their voices, which clearly explains this phenomena of spirits taking over.

I certainly did not intend to write this much. Apologies to those who bothered reading it. ;-)

Well, there is always a rational explanation. Paranormal activity is basically activity that is currently beyond scientific scope.  Eerie, bizarre, inexplicable, absurd, irrational - occurrences that make no logical sense. The only thing is we have not found plausible or logical explanations yet.

My dad and grandma tell a lot of ghost stories too. My great grandfather apparently used to hunt witches. He and his sisters could see witches at night dancing around the well in the courtyard. They claim of seeing possessions, exorcisms and all that jazz. As a child, I would get creeped out. Now I just laugh it off.

But, to go back to not so normal stuff -

Whatever happened to the Romanovs? Where are the missing bodies?
Did the Philadelphia experiment take place?
What about crop circles?
Who built Stonehenge and the Pyramids?
Whats up with the Terracotta army?
Is there an El-Dorado

Watch this movie:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSSqxrh5kp8[/YOUTUBE]

👍🏼

Well, there is always a rational explanation. Paranormal activity is basically activity that is currently beyond scientific scope. Eerie, bizarre, inexplicable, absurd, irrational - occurrences that make no logical sense. The only thing is we have not found plausible or logical explanations yet.

One of the primary reason why such occurring remain 'unexplained', 'unsolved', or 'unanswered' is because most of the time such incidences go unnoticed by the masses and unchecked by scientific methodology. Agreed with the underlined statement - currently unexplained, but not necessarily unexplainable.

This is based on my own experience from people I've known, that a particular section of people simply love and adore mysteries. More than the happening, they love the smoke that surrounds it. This is why they don't want such occurrences to go under routinely scientific examinations or known by the public. They simply love the mystery for mystery's sake. 😆

<snip>
My great grandfather apparently used to hunt witches...

Are you sure about that?

But, to go back to not so normal stuff -

Will check them out.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.

So did anyone listen to the audio clip?

How many times did you have to sleep with the lights ON? I have done it few times esp after watching a really darawni movie like The Ring. 😆

BTW

Eerie figure haunts Scottish castle