Writers Corner

Into the Ocean

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 11 July 2010 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Hey people.. this story isn't new. I wrote it almost exactly a year ago and I never got to finish. And at the time I had no idea where it was going. So lately for some reason I was thinking about it and did some planning while I was in summer school LOLLOL I've planned out the next chapters and it's gonna be in 4-6 parts each being at least 3 pages long (something ive never done before) ive also tried indian characters and even Angad krips but i never felt the will to continue with it after getting bored of it.. so  im gona try something completely different..  and i have a new feel for it LOL its just  interesting to see what i actually wrote. am suprised at my own work haha. things took shocking turns that i forgot about.. anyway i hope you will like it :)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Into the Ocean" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 11 July 2010 at 10:03am | IP Logged
The Meeting~

Sheena, with her book bag on her shoulder and her arms full of books, made her way through the crowd to the front desk. She put her bag and books to the corner and put on her apron. After she did that and signed in, she went to the back so she could put her books and bag in a safe place. She glanced at the clock before she went back outside. The clock read 5:14pm. The Cafe closed at 8pm. She would only have 3 more hours to endure this night. Then she could go home and relax and work on her book project that was due the next day. She ran back to the counter and began taking people's orders.   

The music was blasting real loud and people everywhere were screaming. Thursdays were always busy days.This Cafe was the perfect place for everything. People would come here for meetings, the small concerts outside and above all most importantly- the food. A few hours later everything seemed to calm down a little. People were winding down and enjoying their evening. Sarah was taking a plate of food to a table when she noticed him. He was staring at her with the most blank expression ever. Where ever she moved, his eyes moved. 

When Sarah got back she said to sheena, "Sheen look at the guy over there. *pointing* He keeps looking at you when he thinks we're not looking. I think he's stalking you or something" Sheena went in the back to the kitchen to get another plate. Of course her mind was racing with the usual thoughts. Why in the world is this guy staring at me?? It had been over 45 minutes now since they both noticed. She decided that if he was still doing this when she came back she would have to confront him. She knew she was pretty and all but this was too much LOL But when she came back, he was gone. Of course. This always happens in movies. When the guy stares at her he leaves before she can catch him. But this time... I'm gonna catch him. Sheena grabbed her coat and ran out the cafe as fast as she could. It started to rain hard and it was hard to make out where he was. She found him running ahead about to turn a corner. "Hey!" she yelled. "Wait up."  Now it started to thunder. She ran as fast as she could when she finally caught up with him. "Hey you... you forgot something." She said, panting. He turned around and looked at her suprised. "What are you doing here?" he said quietly. "What did I leave?" Sheena was leaning against a tree to catch her breath. "Excuse me? Hurry up I have to go."

"Oh... oh you didn't leave anything. I just said that.. listen why were you looking at me like that? she asked. 

"Who are you I don't even know you "
 "Yeah.. yes you do *pant pant*. From the cafe we were just at. I work there. Remember....?"  The guy just looked at her. The rain was getting harder. "Well then.. I--" she started.

"I have to go now.. hopefully you will recover soon." He gave her a funny smile and left.......

Sheena came back to the cafe saoking wet and a bit pissed offAngryBut whatever, there were weird people like that. She went to the back to grab her stuff and quickly leave before the rain started to pour even harder. "Bye everyone", she said as she walked out the door. She opened her umbrella and made the journey home.

Sheena loved the rain very much. It was so beautiful watching it fall and land on things and make splashes. And then after it was done everything looked so beautiful and green and colorful and fresh. The only thing she didn't exactly like about it was the she couldn't paint outside in the rain. All her paints and everything would get messed up and she wouldn't be able to concentrate with all the rain pounding on her making that noise. She liked to paint outside with the sun or moon shining down on her with the cool breeze blowing on her. It was like being in the middle of the action. Not stuck in the house with no fresh air or sunlight. Everything looked much better and more real outside anyway. 

Painting was her life. A day didn't go by that she didn't want to draw all the beauties of the world and paint them extraordinary colors. It made her happy and someday she hoped to become a little famous and maybe make some extra money off it. Being famous wasn't her dream in life though. For her painting was, she admitted, just a hobby from school and work but it was something she loved doing the most. And she didn't want to ruin those feelings if she ever got famous. She was afraid that money and business might be the only thing she would think of. And she would forget her love of painting in the first place. She doubted anyone would like her work anyway. She turned the corner and walked up to the small apartment building she lived in. It would have to do until she got a better job that made more money. She liked it anyway. It was small so there werem't too many people and it was old looking.. and had some pretty flowers in front of it too. The people who lived there tended to be more old but still loving and cheerful. As Sheena went inside, she said hi to some lady there (she forgot her name) and went inside to pull out her paints so she could sit by the window and paint the beautiful scenery outside....(Liebestraum )

sheena realized that she had fallen asleep when she accidentally knocked over the painting she was working on. she tried to pick up everything as fast as possible before the paints made any big stains (thank goodness her actually painting didn't get ruined). She went to the bathroom to clean up the paints from her face and hands. As she was washing her hands, she looked at herslef for a long time in the mirror. She was extremely tired from the pressure at work and school and was getting barely enough sleep. And she always felt guilty because she couldn't get to paint as much as she'd love to. I mean, she knew balancing college and work would be hard so she wouldn't get to have too much time for herslef. But this was too much. It was almost as if she was falling into some sort of depression. Who knew you could get depressed from not painting? Shocked The clock read 5:40 AM. After some time, she got into her warm bed sheets and snuggled up . She tried hard to fall asleep and catch the few hours she had left. The sun rose high in the sky shining through her bedroom window. She pushed herself up from bed and forced herself to take a cold shower. She knew that would definitely wake her up. She got ready and grabbed everything she would need for the day. Then she took her ipod from under all the books under her bed and turned it to a loud and upbeat song and turned it up. Then she smiled with the little energy she had and walked out the door into her small world that was waiting for her. 

Sheena is walking happily to her job. It's a sunny day and the birds are chirping very loudly (yet beautifully). She holds on to her shoulder bag and looks up at the sky and smiles. She's almost to the cafe and she glances through the window and sees a familiar face. Sheena jumps all the way back to the corner of the building and puts her back to the wall. Why was he here???  Ehh what should I do what should I do. He's just a guy and you have to do your job sheena. But why does he have to be so freakin creepy. She walked in the cafe and acted busy taking off her and bag while she went to the back. She puts her stuff down in her usual place and puts her apron on. Then she comes out really fast and orders coffee. "Wow. You never drink coffee", says Sarah. "Why are you getting it now are you nervous? Ohh.. is it that guy over there" she friends teased.

"Ugh whatever just get me some coffee."
"What kind? We've got--"
 "Don't go on with a long list just give me the one you always get. That smells nice," Sheena said with her back to the desk. Her friend put the order in the machine right next to her and came back a few minutes later with a small cup of steaming coffee. "He keeps looking at you you know." Sheena just sips her coffee nervously. She keeps talking with her friend while she drinks her coffee. The whole time her back is against the front of the desk. "Hello?" His voice startles her and she spills her coffee. "Nervous?" he says. And she bends down quickly to clean it up. "Can I help you?" her friend asks him. "Can I have this lady take my order please?" he says. "Um yeah sure" Sarah friend steps back and smiles mischievously at Sheena. "What would you like today.." she says awkwardly. "I would like to buy your paintings."

Edited by *Nishi* - 11 July 2010 at 10:04am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 14 July 2010 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Nice work, Nishi... I love the way this story is shaping up... Sheena's character is nicely developed and the creepy stalker dude is interesting :) I'm guessing that he's an art dealer or something? :P Great work and will be waiting for the next part... please PM me when you do :)

P.S. Just a little spot of constructive criticism... the emoticons in between sentences are a little distracting.. also, there are a couple of typos here and there... nothing that Spellcheck couldn't fix though :)

*Nishi*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Nishi*

Posted: 14 July 2010 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

Nice work, Nishi... I love the way this story is shaping up... Sheena's character is nicely developed and the creepy stalker dude is interesting :) I'm guessing that he's an art dealer or something? :P Great work and will be waiting for the next part... please PM me when you do :)

P.S. Just a little spot of constructive criticism... the emoticons in between sentences are a little distracting.. also, there are a couple of typos here and there... nothing that Spellcheck couldn't fix though :)

thanks a lot i really love criticism Big smile and sorry for the emoticons.. some parts just seem a lil cheesy i guess for me so i add themLOL i'll try not to though. okay thanks will try it for next timeSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.