A Journey That Completes

bDgT thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Geet rejects Maan's love and walks out of his life.

3 years pass on

Khurana Constructions bids for an infrastructure project in Greater Delhi. And who should be but their competitor but Maaneet Constructions headed by their CEO Geet :-)

Maaneet Constructions wins the bid and that is the first time Maan had seen Geet in three years.

In the three years, Geet had with the help of Mr.Chopra (and unknown to her through Maan) gone through night school and left to the UK where she prospered and earned a name for herself with her unique designs. She had come back to India as the head of her own design studio and setup Maaneet Constructions as a sister concern of Chopras (but invisible financier is Maan) in the name of her daughter "Maaneet" :-)

In the three years, Maan had become more and more silent and gone into his shell. He remained single and lived almost like a yogi or a ghost of his former self. People rarely talked to him. Sasha still remained as his assistant. He rarely entertained nor did he talk much.

He was waiting with the hope that his only love would come back to him.

In three months time, Khurana Constructions lost about 6 tenders to Maaneet Constructions and Sasha was so defeated. She started to rile at Geet with no success.

One fine day, it was 9 PM in the night and Geet entered Khurana Constructions to find Maan in his cabin in the darkness. She tried to switch on the light but Maan stops her saying "No"

She says, "I caught Sahid today while he was passing on our bid amount to you and mentioned that for me to win you should quote a little more on the high side. Why are you making me win?"

Maan says, "I want you to win"

Geet looks at him and just walks up to him. His face was turned away from her and he was looking at the night through the bay window. She tells him, "I don't want to win this way, I want it to be fair"

Maan answers, "it is important for me that you win and any which way I will ensure that you win"

She says, "why is it important to you, why did you fund my studies, why did you become my investor in the design and construction company, why Maan?"

Maan replies, "nothing else matters except you"

Geet is unable to respond and she grabs her purse and is at the door before Maan turns back with a tortured look. She runs to him and both hug each other like there is no tomorrow.

Part II

Geet says, " I thought you hated me all these years, it is only today I got to know that you are my angel in disguise.

Maan,  "I never stopped loving you nor can ever"

She hugged him tightly.

His shirt was dampened from her tears. He kissed her forehead and her eyes.

She tightened her hold and said, "never ever let me go far from you, my darling"

He said, "where is Sia?"

"Let's go home, Sia (Geet's daughter also called as Maaneet) is sleeping and her nanny is taking care right now"

Hugging each other and never letting want to go, they somehow disengaged and holding each others hands walked out of the office. Maan drove them home. He wanted to leave after a short while but GEET did not want to hear of it.

"I don't want to be apart from you even for a second Maan, I want you in front of my eyes every waking moment and feel your arms around me every sleeping moment. I can't live without you anymore. I can't bear being apart from you."

Maan's heart broke into a million pieces as he crushed her to his heart.

On the spur, he dragged her out of the door and drove to the nearest gurudwara and woke up the priest there and filled her maang with sindoor. Geet was so ecstatic.

She woke up in his arms the next day with her daughter curled up on the other side in his arms as in the night Maan had gone and brought "their" daughter to sleep alongside them. She knew that this man loved her very much and loved her daughter too as the doctor who did her Cesarean had just that day told her how MAAN SINGH KHURANA had insisted on being notified about her delivery every second of her birth pains. 

She kept staring at him in adoration, worshiping him with her heart in her eyes. And he slowly opened his eyes, saying "good morning angel, my beautiful" - she blushed and coyly said, "you said I was not a pari or not such a haseena. " He laughed and mocked grinning, "Oh, is that why I am such a deewana?"

Part III

Life was good, love made it the best. They adored each other. They could not live without each other.

Their daughter became enamored with her dad and loved him to pieces. Sia could not get enough of her dad and Maan could not get enough of his adorable daughter. She was much like her mother.

She doodled on his contracts, painted on his plans, scrawled on his shirts and shaved off his mustache from time-to-time. And she terrorized anyone that did not apologize to her. She went on like her mother, "are you god? how can you not say sorry, say sorry daddy."

Maan's life was filled with the two demons. They were his adorable demons though and he loved them to bits and pieces.

Part IV

Khurana Constructions and Maaneet Constructions merged. The Young Turks awards were announced. Maan Singh Khurana was awarded the Most Prolific Businessman Award and Geet Maan Singh Khurana was awarded the Most Enlightened Design Consciousness Award.

On receiving the award Geet wanted to speak her victory speech, "they say that behind every man's success there is a woman, but in my case that is the opposite, behind my every success there has been only one man -  my mentor, my shadow, my guardian angel, my blessing,
my loving husband without whom today I would have not been alive or been standing here.

Every time I fell, he caught me and pulled me up
Every time I stumbled, he firmed my instep
Every time I felt deflated, his vision inspired me
Every time I felt discouraged, he was the pillar of encouragement
Every time I was stuck, he cleared my path

This small town girl from a village like Hoshiarpur, without any great education is today a success only because of one man - the love of my life, my soul mate, Maan.

If not for him, I would have been a corpse or walking death. He lifted me up from the depths of despair and made me the woman that I am.

I love you my Maan, this award and everything I am is yours. I have come a long way but I move forward with the courage and conviction that you are always besides me. If not for you there is no GEET, now or ever. This award is a tribute to your abiding love.
"

She was crying while staring at him and speaking all this. He walked to her with tears in his eyes and accompanied her from the dias as they made their exit in silent understanding and deep bond of love and caring. He gently caressed her cheek and wiped her tears as they got into the car and went home.

Part V

Geet Maan Khurana was traveling to Hoshiarpur that day to visit the Training and Rehabilitation center head quarters that she had started with the backing of Maan. She was glad that the 15 centers in Punjab in the most backward areas have till now helped around over 19000 families and have been able to establish more than that number in not falling prey to greed or haste like her.

The centers have provided backend verifications, legal counseling, training, and rehabilitation. It has brought out justice to women who were cheated like her. It had been able to negotiate with the government for bringing all the matrimonial agencies under a scanner to provide background checking and verification. It was able to lobby for change in laws and legislation for bringing the culprits to book.

There is still a lot of work left to be done. They have just commissioned a hospital and Khurana Constructions had funded and built the whole project.

She relaxed in the back seat of the car with a slight smile on her face. Sia was being taken care of by Maan. They had become inseparable. Her daughter adored Maan and he was the only father for her. She loved him more than me, Geet thought for a while with a glowing smile on her face. It was a miracle! Maan was her miracle!

Her cell phone rang. It was Maan on the other end. He and Sia could not stay in Delhi without her and they had followed her in another car. Her husband always surprised her. He was asking her to directly proceed to the farm house where Sia and he would meet her.

That night after the inauguration and after Sia had gone to sleep, Geet was silently thanking her good luck and was thanking her babaji, when Maan just collected her in his arms and told her the words that she believed she had waited all her life to hear, "you are my completion"

- end-
Edited by bDgT - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anufa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow......

speechless!!!!!

plz continue

n pm me wen u update!!!😊
cooldude10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMG. uff, i'm definitely speechless. i dunno how to compliment ur work, it's fantabulouuusss 😳 and a bit more than that but can't get the right words 😕 anywaaii. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this 😃
bestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
bridgette very beautifl.I expected it to be never ending..u wrote it soo speechlessly that i want to read and keep on reading.Hats off to u dear!
bDgT thumbnail
updated Part II in Page 1
FaithnFate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
it's fairy tale like..........beautifull!!!
bDgT thumbnail
Updated Part III in Green on Page 1

Updated Part IV in this color on Page 1
cooldude10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i LOVED all the parts 😍 OMFG. the second part and the last one were AMAZING 😃
Tressa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey cool.... nice yaar.... please continue soon
Deezi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautiful.......absolutely brilliant.....Brig.....👏👏👏👏
Damn..... You made me cry.....😭😭 .......you know sad scenes can easily bring a tear to anyones eyes......but to make one cry at sweet and beautiful scenes of Maan and his daughter......Geet thanking Maan..... is i think truly amazing.....you're a genius.......love you...🤗🤗