|~The Epitome of Beauty: Nina Dobrev~| - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Hey- awesome fan club- i'm joining- love nina- here's an interview i found of her

Nina Dobrev has revealed that playing two roles on The Vampire Diaries is a challenge.

Dobrev stars as both Elena and Katherine in the show and told DS that she enjoys the opportunity.

"It's kind of confusing," she said. "But it's exactly what I want. It's the biggest, most welcome challenge."

Dobrev added that Elena and Katherine are completely different characters.

"Both characters are very multi-dimensional and layered and complicated and flawed," she said. "One is very sweet and a girl next door who has issues and tries to deal with them to the best of her abilities. And she has a lot of pressure coming from different directions but somehow manages to plough through and protects everyone and rises to the occasion when it's difficult. She's very strong and courageous, I think, and I admire her persistence.

"But at the same time, Katherine is this kind of twisted, maniac, crazy, narcissistic, selfish, vampire, bloodthirsty killer who sees the world as her gourmet buffet and she just has to have a taste of every single flavour, so she does."
Dobrev: 'Vampire Diaries cast are family'

Nina Dobrev has said that she considers her Vampire Diaries castmates to be a "tight-knit family".

The actress revealed that the show's long shooting hours have enabled the stars to get to know one another well and grow very close.

"We spend every waking moment together. With the boys, with the girls, everyone," she told the National Examiner.

"It's just a chemistry that you develop with your family, when you see them and you get to know every single little thing about them because you see them in the morning, you see them at night, right when you finish work."

The star went on to say that the close relationships have even come across between their characters on screen.

"You know the in and out of the person, it definitely translates into the show and onto the camera between the characters."

Dobrev and her Vampire Diaries co-stars recently admitted that they feel pressure to make the second season as good as the first.

Siggy Contest

Hey guys!! I'v decided to have a little siggy contest!! The fanclub isn't very active and we don't have much members anyways..Oh who am i kidding? Its just the 5 of us!😆 Soooo PLEASE participate!

*They aren't any specific rules for the contest so just make it! 😆*

Love,

*Jot*

Voting
sounds like fun Jot! I may participate if I get inspired. :P
Ok- Jot- i'll try to participate- i'm not that good at making siggy's though
Dobrev 'feels lucky on Vampire Diaries

Nina Dobrev has revealed that she loves playing two characters on The Vampire Diaries.

Dobrev stars in the show as both Elena, who lives in the present day, and Katherine, a vampire from the 1860s.

"It's a very rare opportunity that I feel very lucky for," she told TV Squad. "It's hard to find one character that's challenging, gritty and amazing, and I have two amazing, contrasting characters."

Dobrev explained that she loves having the chance to explore two different personalities.

"I play Elena, a sweet, nice and lovable girl who's also very courageous and will take care of all the people around her," she said. "She's very selfless. Katherine is the complete opposite - she's selfish, narcissistic and very crazy - and she does everything for her own pleasure and amusement. The world and these boys are her playground."

She added: "It's interesting and fun to explore two completely different things, and when it comes to Katherine, really be someone so far from myself. It's beautiful. I love it.