Nisha82 Senior Member
Nisha82
Nisha82

Posted: 07 February 2005 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Chetan hurt on sets, hospitalised
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 1, 2005

Tushar Joshi
BRUISED BUT NOT BROKEN: Kushal Punjabi who plays Chetan has received 20 stitches
Kushal Punjabi, who plays the fun-loving Chetan Ahuja in the romantic comedy Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (Zee), met with an accident on the sets of his show at Jaipan Studio, Goregaon, on Friday morning.

Ahuja, who plays the flamboyant-yet-modest flirt in the programme, suffered injuries when a glass table gave way under his weight.

Recovering at home in Bandra, Punjabi says, "I was doing a scene where I was required to lie down on a glass table and pretend to kiss it. I did it comfortably the first two times. But the third time, the glass gave way, taking me down with it. I got 13 stitches on my forehead and seven on my shoulder."

His production people rushed him to Nanavati Hospital, where he was kept under observation for a day.

Producer Shrishti Arya had already made all the necessary arrangements by the time Punjabi reached the hospital.

"The glass didn't look that frail. I was in a state of shock when it crashed and the glass cut me all over my body. My back suffered a major blow. I am slowly getting out of the back pain," he says.

"I am glad I didn't lose my eye. In fact, the cut was just a centimetre away from my eye." Calling it bad luck, he says, "I was already down with typhoid, and shooting only half days.

This injury has put me back another 10 to12 days in the serial track."
Although doctors have advised a month's bed rest, Punjabi plans to get back to work in the next 10 days.

How to avoid mishaps on television sets

Last year, Kkusum's Abhay (Anuj Saxena) suffered a six-inch gash on his right leg, after he tripped over several electric poles.

Niki Aneja Walia injured herself a couple of years ago on the sets of Gharwali Uparwali.

Here are some tips on how to avoid accidents on a television set…

Don't venture near electrical equipment

If there's an action scene involving a vehicle, stand well out of the way

Always check with your stunt director about the kind of stunt you are required to perform

Make sure you don't stand under heavy equipment or construction material

Check with production if they have a first-aid box on the set

If you are doing any action stunts, first be sure that you are physically fit

Edited by Nisha82 - 07 February 2005 at 7:46am

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 08 February 2005 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
 that's so sad.Hope he recovers soon.
spike Senior Member
spike
spike

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 7:26am | IP Logged
I thot at first the bandar was hurt doing some badmaashi! poor thing. hope he gets well soon!
nulz Senior Member
nulz
nulz

Posted: 11 February 2005 at 7:42am | IP Logged
yeah...hope he gets well soon....poor thingUnhappy
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 12 February 2005 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Thanx for the tips on how to avoid injuries near television sets.. i'll remember next time i'm shooting Wink
angelz IF-Rockerz
angelz
angelz

Posted: 23 February 2005 at 8:30am | IP Logged
poor thing i relli hope he feelz beta soon. This is so sad Cry
Selina IF-Sizzlerz
Selina
Selina

Posted: 25 February 2005 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Cry

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top