Dill Mill Gaye

True reason Behind DMG's low trps - Page 9

Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: prettyasjen

Nice sarcasm... πŸ˜‰
BTW, no need to act innocent!πŸ˜ƒ

No I'm NOT acting innocent.
You know what? First I commented b/c I was honestly very confused with ur comment. But now it's obvious that you just wish to make this into some AR versus SR and ArSh thing.
I can't believe how sad this forum actually is. Apparently everyone has to be labeled according to their fav celebs. Forget I even commented on your post.
Keep believing what you want....yes DMG is doing so bloody terrible b/c AR aren't together. And their only reprieve is AR and to kick Shilpa and Wahi out of DMG asap.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaysean thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheMelody.

Alright guys. Interesting discussion going on here. :)

Well, what I think is that it is a true fact that DMG will NOT do as well as it did in its initial months because it HAD a storyline and people were keen on finding out what will happen next. But now, if you see, the TRP's are obviously lower than before (due to bad storylines, replacements,changes in characters and etc) so DMG had definately lost viewers!Sure, there are fanatics on the forum but I highly doubt there will be any outside this forum (atleast not as crazy as us). Now, everything is kind of messed up and it's like many viewers don't want to trust the CV's again in terms of storyline.

There are MANY fanatics on the forum but a lot of them live abroad or watch it on YT so there are very little Indian-DMG fans who watch it on TV. So, ofcourse the TRP's would be low. :| And well, to be honest a huge number of viewers in India would prefer a Saas bahu show rather than a youth show. :| Saas bagy shows have HEAVY storylines and people really like it. What my point is that, DMG should have a strong storyline to grasp people's attention instead of the same old duppatta,eyelocks, falling/slipping scenes!

I completely agree with you here. I think DMG team needs to rethink their strategies. I mean, I think they need to alter/modify the current character sketches to make them a little stable and strong (and predictable sometimes- for example if you know someone is going to be angry by someone's actions- it builds tension and hence leads to drama. e.g. Maan in Geet- we know he is gonna be angry when Geet does something wrong- that builds on his character- persona and presence and people expect him to be that way hence it leads to stability, - (yet we know he likes her, I must say I love Maan😳) and as they need a clear storyline- like think a long track for the couple of months and nicely and constructively knit it together with interesting twists and revelations to keep the viewers hooked. Also, work better technically which means- get a better cameraman, script writer. editor and stick to the original subject of the show- A MEDICAL DRAMA with DOCTORS AND THEIR PERSONAL/PROFESSIONAL LIVES IN IT. It needs to focus on both of them- medical and personal/professional life and show some constructive developments in the show. Riddhima, in the beginning was very strong and made complete sense. Now, she is a character who no one can relate to. The creatives need to come out of comfort zone and think outside the box and present something unseen and new in TV. They need to strategise the direction of the show in the LONG TERM so there are no loopholes and the story makes sense and is strong while being stable and clear to viewers. Some actors need to be given useful roles- e.g. JP/Jiggy can actually be shown helping a patient and making a difference in someone's life so their roles seem worthy (take Atul's example from Season 1). Some actors need to improve their acting and hence work as a team to hook viewers again.

Thats all, This is my lecture on the technicality of the show. I dont even watch it since it shit. It's just a lecture for CV's incase they read it.
Edited by Jaysean - 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: prettyasjen

I believe him too, BTW he talks rubbish most of the time!

Don't bother!

Do u even know who am i talking abt?
If u think its Mr Liar then u are completely wrong...
So stop assuming Things, will you?