Sasural Genda Phool

Can we Compare Badi Ma and Radha way

Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Today, Dadi jee kind of compared two situations: Badi Ma's and Radha bua and how they have groomed their kids so differently. I found that a little out of context and. one cannot compare both the situation even though trust have been broken and there is desertion in both the characters' life. The two circumstances were so different, is it right to compare?  

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlissAlone thumbnail
🤗 🤗 🤗 Penguin!!! 🤗 🤗 🤗

How you doing Devil?

One cannot compare the two situations. Dadi wondering why Radha couldn't be like Shailja was plain out of context for me too. Both the women have had their heart and soul scarred. Agreed. But, their wounds are certainly different. Shailja has found her line of solace in the palm of destiny. Radha is yet to find that line. For Shailja, the past has no bearings on the present. For Radha, the present is a mirror of her horrible past, which is what makes it more difficult for her to make peace with it.

Taiyo thumbnail
Think of the Devil and Bliss arrives, 🤗🤗🤗. Mehr was remembering you in evening and I am like, you must be busy with your marriage preparation. Me Cool ... how about you?

I completely agree to your post. I just did not find any connection. Plus, also the mention of Deepak's father was brought-up so casually as if they knew him quite well.
BlissAlone thumbnail
Koi humen yaad kare aur hum na aayen, ye ho nahi sakta 😆
Busy I am, very busy and very nervous too. Managed to steal away a few  quiet moments for myself and landed here 😊

Oh yeah, Deepak's father was brought in quite randomly too. The entire conversation lacked depth for me. Moreover, I find comparing two people's pains a little inhuman. Dukh insaan ka apna hi hota hai, koi aur nahi samajh sakta. One should never draw parallels between two different persons' personal tragedies.
Taiyo thumbnail
Originally posted by: BlissAlone

Koi humen yaad kare aur hum na aayen, ye ho nahi sakta 😆
Busy I am, very busy and very nervous too. Managed to steal away a few  quiet moments for myself and landed here 😊

Oh yeah, Deepak's father was brought in quite randomly too. The entire conversation lacked depth for me. Moreover, I find comparing two people's pains a little inhuman. Dukh insaan ka apna hi hota hai, koi aur nahi samajh sakta. One should never draw parallels between two different persons' personal tragedies.

COOL. Do not worry, looks like you posted at Adda CC, will catch-up with you there for personal talk if you still there.

About the episode: The talk for me too lacked the depth though the scene was there is do that.
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Nope it is not right to compare IMHO. Although both Badi Maa and Radha Bua are unfortunate women, Radha Bua is physically, emotionally and sociologically scarred for life! Badi Maa's husband leaving her for another woman cannot be compared to the brutality Radha Bua has faced in life. She has a right to be skeptical about everyone and bitter about everything.
Taiyo thumbnail
@LadyM: Yep, that is what thought. Plus, it  was not at all right to compare how the two ladies brought-up their kids.
svesum thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am a silent member of this forum, usually just love to read all your discussions and of course love SGP as a show....
an123...'s post tempted me to write away, so here I am...

I think that situations for the two ladies were completely different, but they can still be compared....Losing the one and only love and support of your life to another woman can be equally if not more scarring....Agreed Shailaja had family support when Ishwar left, but that family itself was a result of relationship with Ishwar! Shailaja cud have easily gotten negative at the point and walked out of that house and the family and said, "They are his kids too, let him pitch in...I am not looking at these kids that remind me of my failed marriage".....So my point being, Shailaja could have chosen to react to a similar situation negatively like the way Radha Bua is doing,......So in that sense the two women had similar situations, while one choose to move on, another has let the past affect her present and even future possibly!
lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
No, I dont think you can compare the two situations at all.
Badi ma's husband left her. However, we can probably assume he left her when the kids were not that young. I mean if inder can remember his father, then he wouldnt been like 5.So she probablt was somewhat matured in her thinking. Also,I know that having your husband abandon you for another woman is very painful, BUT, Badi ma had the love and support of the family. So in a way, she wasnt alone.

Whereas Radha Bua was raped when she married, on her marriage night. Im pretty sure she was young too. What girl doesnt dream of her marriage? She was pretty much alone too, because she didnt have a family either, she doesnt seem to be close with her bro. On top of that, she has the reminder of the pain and suffering she went thru years ago, her son Deepak.

Both of these women faced different challenges. Both of them had different maturity levels, different family members, and different personalities. So no, I do not think that you can compare them both, it would be totally wrong.