Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Most overpaid/underpaid profession? (Page 9)

Mister.K. IF-Dazzler

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 3:46pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Nobody is comparing teachers salary with Coby bryants!!.. Comprehension issues I suppose... regarding sycophancy.. yeah people show those traits off work so its easier to meet sycophants even in social situations.. again its not aversion to software engg.. its gettign overpaid for doing crap.. that i am worried abuot.. again comprehension issues..

Overpaid/underpaid is all a function of demand and supply discussed before.  Again its not... you want to read think.. and then post!!! these terms are relevant only for common people not popular.. i cant say coby bryant or lebron is overpaid its not relative there... they are paid their worth... if you dont understand dont jump into opine!!! .. however we might want to think its supply and demand its not - not because. its not possible but ..people dont know what they are payiing for...this has made teh US market extremely tentative...ms queen of sycophancy...Smile

For your red bold claim above - read the topic starters first post again.  Given your ADD, the relevant parts are bolded so that you don't miss them again.  Please let me know if you need a bigger font size too for you to take note of them.

Originally posted by Phoenix_3

Greetings Smile

I just thought of this the other day when my cuz was watching sports(basketball) and I questioned him as to why he watches it. But nevermind that.

Who do you think is getting money which obviously they dont deserve? And who's not getting paid enough?

Professional sports players and actors are def. paid alot more than they deserve. wrong.. they are paid what their popularity deserves.. high goes unnoticed in categories i mentioned.. banks lawyers,....etc.. all these dont deserve what they command.. i think you should think before you post!!

I think teachers and nurses are underpaid. Not to mention some of them are even getting lay offs! And pro basketball players are getting $10 million a year!!! No teachers are not underpaid... they get paid even when they are enjoying summer... they are paid right!!! nurses are paid right too...

Where is the justice in that?

P.S. Thanks for answering

Edited by qwertyesque - 08 July 2010 at 5:19pm
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 5:56pm | IP Logged
its like this..now what i am saying is veri fundamental and should be understood clearly. let me talk only about the US.. here is how things work here... its a rule driven society meaning.. they spend a lot of time and thought in deviring the rules.. but once the rules are defined.. they just dont.. think after that and just follow the rules blindly... this is a dangerous approach since they dont assess many situations and that leads to several absurdities..and lot of incorrect decisions on the path led by teh rules... so for eg....let say 50 years of immigrants barraging into the US finally US find kabaddi to for a NKL - nation kabaddi league... now the captain is jarnail singh .. lets say NKL surpassess NBA and NHL (NFL would still reign supreme) so Jarnail singh is offered an amount by New jersey franchise.. an amount of say 35 million for 3 year contract.. this number is more of a forecast of returns.. once set everybody will hover around this number... does it make sense.. no..but this isnt being overpaid.. but once the price is set the situation is screwed.. they cant deviate from that amount.. same is true with salaries of sofware engineers, financial analysts, SAP consultants, nurses. none of these are worth the price they command - they might be over paid to around 40%. what seems like supply demand is more like a lost case...of price setting without any correction... capitalism is not as fluid as one would make it out to be... this is called momentum of price-lock . This is only about the US there are other dynamics around the world which I cant comment on...
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:09pm | IP Logged

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

But let's say Ms. SJB is a teacher. She is so popular that most students want to be taught by Ms. SJB only and no one else. However, she can only work for one school and can only teach 30 students. Students will be willing to pay more so that they can be in that group of lucky 30. The schools will compete among themselves to employ Ms. SJB as it will bring more money from the students. If it's a completely free economy without any sort of interference, then theoretically, the wages of Ms. SJB the teacher can even touch what top actors or basketball players make.

[/QUOTE]

Souro, I am hiring you as my agent. How did you know I am so popular?? LOLLOLPlease explain this to my employers, so that I can earn as much as Sachin Tendulkkar earns Embarrassed
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by qwertyesque

......ms queen of sycophancy...Smile

LOLLOL
LOL
Qwerty's definition of sycophancy - kicking in the butt.

Hope I am sycophant enough for ya, qwerty bapu Tongue

http://bikemag.com/news/massmedia/old-guy-cat-300.jpg

ok you are in your youth. 18  and  easy going....why are you not clothed.. and also.. rang bhi sahi dikhaya hai....  . no worries.. ok.. happy now..may be you should have used some nagin.......LOL...  choose animals according to your nature .... though cats are lazy and selfish.....and works too.. 

btw how was your day.. boss ko khush kiya...LOL... economy ki aisi ki taisi...LOL
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by souro

But let's say Ms. SJB is a teacher. She is so popular that most students want to be taught by Ms. SJB only and no one else. However, she can only work for one school and can only teach 30 students. Students will be willing to pay more so that they can be in that group of lucky 30. The schools will compete among themselves to employ Ms. SJB as it will bring more money from the students. If it's a completely free economy without any sort of interference, then theoretically, the wages of Ms. SJB the teacher can even touch what top actors or basketball players make.

Souro, I am hiring you as my agent. How did you know I am so popular?? LOLLOLPlease explain this to my employers, so that I can earn as much as Sachin Tendulkkar earns Embarrassed
[/QUOTE]
you going to india again!!!????LOL... btw you should  fail more kids so that you can be considered teacher who pays attention.. and the smiles from teh parents will be your intangible salary....Wink
Gauri_3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 7:24pm | IP Logged

Go to top