Page 1 of 37

Page 1
Page   of 37
Page 2 Page 37

Mockingjay1

Mockingjay1

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Greetings Smile

I just thought of this the other day when my cuz was watching sports(basketball) and I questioned him as to why he watches it. But nevermind that.

Who do you think is getting money which obviously they dont deserve? And who's not getting paid enough?

Professional sports players and actors are def. paid alot more than they deserve.

I think teachers and nurses are underpaid. Not to mention some of them are even getting lay offs! And pro basketball players are getting $10 million a year!!!

Where is the justice in that?

P.S. Thanks for answering

Edited by Phoenix_3 - 06 July 2010 at 5:15pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-scarlett-return_to_hadesJess.Beyond_the_VeilAngel-likeDevil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Most overpaid/underpaid profession?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
I agree with you.

Professional players are getting  paid to much!
Whereas teachers get paid around maybe 50 thousand a year...these teachers have a hand in educating the kids & they practically raise them!
They should definitely get paid more, especially for all the work they do!

High School teachers take on so much & are available to give help to students after school without getting paid (out of generosity). One of my teachers stays till 8 at night sometimes helping kids/grading and all that.

I can say for sure that i would have gone for being a teacher if the pay was better...i thought about it long and hard and decided that for all the work teachers put into teaching & other non-paid activities, it isnt worth it.

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha-scarlett-slumgod.Jess.Beyond_the_VeilAngel-likeDevilMeena1

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Phoenix_3

Greetings Smile

I just thought of this the other day when my cuz was watching sports(basketball) and I questioned him as to why he watches it. But nevermind that.

Who do you think is getting money which obviously they dont deserve? And who's not getting paid enough?

Professional sports players and actors are def. paid alot more than they deserve.

I think teachers and nurses are underpaid. Not to mention some of them are even getting lay offs! And pro basketball players are getting $10 million a year!!!

Where is the justice in that?

P.S. Thanks for answering
You know sports is popular and it rakes in revenue...so are actors...  So its justified.. I think the most overrated profession is  IT/software and finance analyst.. both cause economic ruin  through either crappy substandard software or guesswork with market analysys and that too with  lot of confidence......yet command undeservedly high  pay and benefits.. Underpaid is fire-fighters and cops... who not only risk their lives to save others.. might lose it even...

Edited by qwertyesque - 06 July 2010 at 7:05pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

slumgod.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 8:25pm | IP Logged

If a person is outstanding in something he is bound to make his mark and earn big bucks, provided he is in the right country.
It is a matter of demand and supply.

When we talk ARTS, there is no price limit.

Take some paintings by Picasso, which I think  a child can do better, it costs and arm and a leg.

Edited by Summer3 - 06 July 2010 at 8:26pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

If a person is outstanding in something he is bound to make his mark and earn big bucks, provided he is in the right country.
It is a matter of demand and supply.

When we talk ARTS, there is no price limit.

Take some paintings by Picasso, which I think  a child can do better, it costs and arm and a leg.

nah its not a childs play even if it wasnt picasso.. i happened to see a paiinting where there were three streaks on a big canvas in shape of sigma... i can tell you - it was a superb painting.. if you cant calue diamond its just another  form of coal!!???Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-scarlett-

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 8:46pm | IP Logged

But a price of say  36 million bucks for it is way out.

Often it is the name and the branding too.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

But a price of say  36 million bucks for it is way out.

Often it is the name and the branding too.
It something of a classic... you know 500 for iphone is way off. too.. isnt it? the price exists not as a tag.. but someone actually is ready to pay that price..thats what makes the difference.....Smile.. teh same market dynamic...
I think Vangogh is the most expensive i think around 60 mil i think.....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top