Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara only for Hritik, Katrina

Posted: 13 years ago
I know this film has gotten some hype because of the Hritik, Katrina pairing.  Hritik is my favorite actor and only reason I will watch this film. 😈  Zoya Akhtar only casted Katrina because of her current box office appeal for sure, so this movie will be a hit.  Hritik and Katrina combined together will ensure a record opening.

But, why are Farhan and Abhay there?  Farhan is there because it is his sister's movie.  I hope their roles are marginal and they have less screentime.

We only see movies for the star attraction, not the secondary cast, right?  🤢

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow, you really have something against Kat!!!! HAhahahahha! And u think that for all her movies. Well sorry, but Zoya is not like that. She casts people due to their talent.
-Sakina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i will toh watch for Hrithik-Kat
live_life thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow are yu serious?? people go to the movies for various reasons, not just cause of the starcast. Farhan and Abhay are excellent actors and they usually have movies with substance. So please, dont call them secondary characters.
contingency thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I really do hope this is sarcasm.

Hrithik is an okay actor. I think the last two movies of his which I have liked are Fiza and Lakshya (coincidentally directed Farhan Akhtar). He hams, pouts his lips, furls his eye lashes and we public seem to love it. But some directors seem to able to tap into his potential.

So you think Hrithik is the only reason for Zoya? That's laugh worthy. I really liked Zoya's venture and I doubt she would get someone just because of their star power. Although, I am still confused on why Katrina is on board?

Lets talk about why Farhan is in the movie. He does not need to be in a movie just b/c the director is his sister. He does have the ability to rake in Box Office although not as much as an actor as much director. He is a talented actor who has not overacted, hammed or something.

Abhay Deol is a phenomenal actor. Dev D is still on critics' minds. He does not need to have the so called star power to make people believe in the movies he does. Of course Dev D is still one of few examples there are: Oye Lucky!Lucky Oye! 

Therefore, I doubt  Zoya chooses people for their star attraction because she chose Konkona Sen as her main lead in her first movie.

Kay
Bye

Edited by Taintedshimmer - 13 years ago
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: live_life

Wow are yu serious?? people go to the movies for various reasons, not just cause of the starcast. Farhan and Abhay are excellent actors and they usually have movies with substance. So please, dont call them secondary characters.

I can understand what the topic opener is trying to say.

Wait and see when the publicity for this movie is going to star., The main focus of the media is going to be "Hritik-KAt jodi is way better than ASh-Hritik" or "Kat ne Hritik ko ASh se cheen liya"...it happened when they signed the movie....😉😉

Plus Rajneeti was nothing but Ranbir-Kat's chemistry to draw people to the theatres. But now we all know that Rajneeti is much more than that.

So I guess the angle of Hritik-Kat is surely going to be the main publicity topic.....which is also good as Kat is hot a BO....

But I am pretty sure that Abhay will be the one getting the raw deal in case of publicity....He might outperform even Hritik but he will not be shown as the main actor in publicity....

Thats how teh BO works and people are here to make money...nothing bad in that..

The idea behind the cast seems pretty straightforward to me. Hrithik and Katrina bring in the frou frou audience while Abhay, Farhan and Kalki bring in the intellects or the "wannabe pseudo intellects." Zoya is a smart woman, she hit the nail right on its head with this one. This film will open really well, I don't know if it will sustain though. I feel bad for Abhay-Kalki, but I guess everyone succumbs to temptation. Edited by xetaxeta - 13 years ago
Abhay is very lucky, I repeat very lucky, to be in the same film with Hritik.  He must have done something nice for Zoya to be in her good books.  😕
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
dunno what the topic opener is saying but me, i may or may not watch the film, i will see promos and then say

and who says kat-hritik means will be a hit, dont we remember kites, if a fillm is good then it will work out, its not 1970s where only big star cast would do well, and the end of the day,the final product, as a package it should be good
Hmmmmmmmm.................sarcasm? Edited by ~*simran*~ - 13 years ago