SNS-Analysis of the story so far

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

IndigoBlues

IF-Rockerz

IndigoBlues

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 9:17am | IP Logged
SNS-Analysis so far

The serial began on a quite cliched note with the age-old plot of a young orphan staying with her kind mama, theeki maami and modern cousin. The latter two are not at all interested in her well-being and treat her like a pet dog. I can forgive Rashmi for this because i guess the main point of such a family set up in a show is to endear the audience to the protagonist, even if she is a doormat.

Then Kokila Modi arrived who wanted an uneducated girl to be her son's wife. Such women still exist in society who would rather their bahus were not independent girls with western beliefs but rather traditional Indian girls who speak only when spoken to and are shy about everything, from themselves to their husbands' name.

The rishta was for Rashi, Gopi's elder cousin, but naturally it was rejected as within the first few episodes it was clear that Rashi was not the girl Kokila was looking for, as she was a modern girl, and that also quite outspoken. It was hilarious how mami tried to pretend that gopi was the one who hurled an expletive when her sari did not fit, and the way Kokila raised her eyebrows. LOL

Rashi and Urmi tried to salvage the relationship but not before Rashi met Jigar. For a moment I thought she was genuinely in love with him, she herself had told Urmi that he was like her sapno ka raajkumar. But she got so greedy for his money, she just forgot to remember him! Ouch

Meanwhile, Aham had the best introduction a hero could have-business suit, pointed leather shoes, close up of his whole attire except his face, and then he spoiled it with his emotionless face. In fact it came as a shock that he actually had a girlfriend, and he ACTUALLY loved her. And his sister Kinjal was going at it with bhabhi's brother. How sweet. Dead

But Aham turned out to be a Mummy's boy, and promptly dumped girlfriend. girlfriend's brother dumped kinjal. So both bhai behen turned against Gopi. What I don't understand how Kinjal fell in love with someone who so unceremoniously dumped her.. It's another point if his sister asked him to end the relationship, but at least he could have given a good farewell! But they never really showed Kinjal's romance so I don't know whether he ever loved her or not.

Aham's side of the family is completely psycho, and Jigar's is sane, save for Koki's huband. Both Aham and Kinjal have gone on Koki-Aham has got an icy heart and temper, and Kinjal has got a sharp and sarcasm-laden tongue and shaatir dimaag. All the husbands on the show are henpecked ones, except for Jigar's dad, who is unnaturally strict for someone belonging to the kind side of the Modi family.

Aham might be depressed over Anita, but he had no right to slap Gopi and throw her out of their room. That's right, Aham, it's not just your room anymore. She has as much right over it as Anita would have had if you'd married her. It's not Gopi's fault that you're such a Momma's boy that you willingly sacrificed your love. Another thing, you might not love her, but coming from such a rich family and being so well-educated, you could at least behave like a gentleman. You do one or the other god or goddess' prayer everyday and then you go ahead and harass Gopi. Will you be able to bear it if Anita's husband treats her that way?

Rashi's life has gone for a toss, as now she is devrani, plus the added shock of knowing that Jigar will always be Aham's assistant for the rest of his life.As for Gopi she made the mistake of going to her maami for help. Angry Gopi, how much time to realise that your maami will never help you, not even in your (and hers) wildest dreams? While Rashi has Urmi on her side for the time being, poor Gopi has no one, as mamaji and Panna at home, and over her she is being abused.

So now what remains to be seen it
i)GoHem and RaJi-will they ever fall in love?
ii)Who will be the good bahu-Gopi or Rashi?
iii)Will Jigar uncover Urmi and Rashi's plan?
iv)Will Aham and Koki uncover Kinjal's plan?

Adios guys, these questions will hopefully be answered in the episodes to come.

Edited by IndigoBlues - 05 July 2010 at 9:18am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

catch_sb1alpha12tinkerbeljoyxangel01xprikiashisuk19

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SNS-Analysis of the story so far" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top