Debate Mansion

   

Why Are Women ALWAYS Ignored!? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 1:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

POH, where art thou? We need to get working on that study ... seriously this time! The world needs us. LOL

I absolutely never feel ignored. And especially not because of my gender. In fact, if nothing else, being a part of the female sex will help you get attention. LOL

There was a time where you could argue that the female voice has been suppressed, but not anymore. Times are changing, society has progressed and women are just as important as males even in this patriarchal society. Does that mean that you will never face any gender discrimination? Not at all. But to make yourself believe that your voice isn't heard is also not logical on your part.

You can change this by stop feeling sorry for yourself, accept the realities of the world, and empower yourself to live a life with your head held high. Being a woman does not make you weak, it is feeling sorry for yourself because you're a woman that makes you weak.
Empty peppy talk is not good.. dont forget she started this topic  because she sensed this.. and I would trust her senses more thanyour beliefs.. not to say that it should be the way she saw it.. but if something exists it does until it is removed..


My words were not a pep talk at all. I have never denied that we live in a patriarchal society, where men do stand first and foremost in line. If this girl lives in a place/community/family/school/society that compels her to believe that woman are second-class citizens, I am just trying to tell her that the rest of the world is not like that.

Personally, I have never been "ignored" because of my gender or discriminated against whether it be in school, workplace, family, community, or society. And that is not my belief, its my reality. May not be same as anyone else's, but when is it ever?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

qwertyesque

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why Are Women ALWAYS Ignored!? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Joined: 03 December 2006

Posts: 5953

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 1:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

POH, where art thou? We need to get working on that study ... seriously this time! The world needs us. LOL

I absolutely never feel ignored. And especially not because of my gender. In fact, if nothing else, being a part of the female sex will help you get attention. LOL

There was a time where you could argue that the female voice has been suppressed, but not anymore. Times are changing, society has progressed and women are just as important as males even in this patriarchal society. Does that mean that you will never face any gender discrimination? Not at all. But to make yourself believe that your voice isn't heard is also not logical on your part.

You can change this by stop feeling sorry for yourself, accept the realities of the world, and empower yourself to live a life with your head held high. Being a woman does not make you weak, it is feeling sorry for yourself because you're a woman that makes you weak.
Empty peppy talk is not good.. dont forget she started this topic  because she sensed this.. and I would trust her senses more thanyour beliefs.. not to say that it should be the way she saw it.. but if something exists it does until it is removed..


My words were not a pep talk at all. I have never denied that we live in a patriarchal society, where men do stand first and foremost in line. If this girl lives in a place/community/family/school/society that compels her to believe that woman are second-class citizens, I am just trying to tell her that the rest of the world is not like that.

Personally, I have never been "ignored" because of my gender or discriminated against whether it be in school, workplace, family, community, or society. And that is not my belief, its my reality. May not be same as anyone else's, but when is it ever?
Agreed and I can tell you i dont remember doing that to any woman...
btw do you know whats a nishachar.....LOL.. you and i  kind of are now.....LOL. so goodnight.. everybody is equal.. and thats fine... now go to bed and good night....!!

Edited by qwertyesque - 05 July 2010 at 1:29am

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Joined: 27 February 2009

Posts: 9487

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 1:31am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Agreed and I can tell you i dont remember doing that to any woman...
btw do you know whats a nishachar.....LOL.. you and i  kind of are now.....LOL. so goodnight.. everybody is equal.. and thats fine... now go to bed and good night....!!


I wouldn't ever expect you to either. LOL

Edit- oh, you mean we're nocturnal creatures? I've always been one. LOL G'night!


Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 05 July 2010 at 1:45am

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Joined: 15 September 2007

Posts: 22667

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 1:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Sure how many years/centuries you have to go back... !!! I can give you such names as well... and all you came up with is 8 names .... I can add living indira nooyi and j k rowling. martina navratilova...  but what  proprotion does that constitute... ...
Now give me names who can stand next to teh following
 
albert einstein,
Pablo picasso
Warren buffet
bill gates
tiger woods
Vishwanathan anand
Ramdev baba
Thomas edison
Abraham lincoln....
 this can go on and on till 1000 of pages... i just selected a variety of fields and notable people there
 
also women have acheived exceptionally in fields non-typical to men.. so florence nightingale woiuldnt have a competition from  men.. so does Mother Teresa (or any other mother) its impossble to compete with women in certain fields...
 


I hope you realize that the names you are coming up with are from long, long time ago. And these names do not prove anything except the fact that women were treated as second-class citizens in that era and did not have easy access to education and the workplace to go out and be the next Albert Einstein or Abraham Lincoln. This does not prove anything about female inferiority or male superiority, all it goes to prove is that society has suppressed women's rights throughout history. And that progress is now at its peak.

One example that immediately comes to mind is that of Watson and Crick who won the Nobel prize for proposing the double helix structure of the DNA molecule. Later, it was discovered, that this was actually Rosalind Franklin's discovery, but Watson and Crick took all the credit. I am sure there are numerous examples such as this one that failed to make it into history books throughout the years.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SweetDesi09

Hey guys =]
If some of you may have noticed, in this worl, the male usualy matters more. The MALE voice is heard whereas the FEMALE voice is ignored. We women have a voice as well and we want it to be heard! What about our side of the story? Why does HE get the praise? Why can't we get the job just because were Female. I took a Gender Studies class in school and that is where i got this topic idea from. Don't you feel that we, women, are always ignored? What do you feel about this? How can we try to change this?
 
Unhappy
I cant help but  feel sorry for the guys ! Its like damned if we do and damned if we dont , for them.
Its females like these that are responsible for the state of affairs. You pay attention to females you are charged of harassment. You ignore them then thats discrimination !Wacko
First thing I noticed is that the querry is directed to "Guys " Angry as if there are no girls to address the querry ! Shocked
Then who is to blame for ignoring the "female voice" as you call it ?Evil Smile
 
I wonder  which world are you talking about? There are hardly any jobs these days where females are denied the job only on the basis of their gender. Pilots, surgeons, prime ministers, presidents, ministers, scientists, sportsperson, astronauts, navy, army, spiritual world leaders,
artists, entrepreneurs, corporate sector - you name it girl, you will find females in every sphere !
 
I ve never ever felt victimised because of my gender. Never felt ignored or neglected because of it. Rather there have been certain advantages which one should not be taking an undue advantage of.
As for your question regarding how we can change the situation(your view)  for starters get out of that "poor me"  mode , stop whining and start working on yourself before trying to work on others or external factors. Good luck Thumbs Up Sorry if I sounded harsh.Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

casper2souroAngel-likeDevilMeena1

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Joined: 27 February 2009

Posts: 9487

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 6:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Joined: 03 December 2006

Posts: 5953

Posted: 05 July 2010 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Sure how many years/centuries you have to go back... !!! I can give you such names as well... and all you came up with is 8 names .... I can add living indira nooyi and j k rowling. martina navratilova...  but what  proprotion does that constitute... ...
Now give me names who can stand next to teh following
 
albert einstein,
Pablo picasso
Warren buffet
bill gates
tiger woods
Vishwanathan anand
Ramdev baba
Thomas edison
Abraham lincoln....
 this can go on and on till 1000 of pages... i just selected a variety of fields and notable people there
 
also women have acheived exceptionally in fields non-typical to men.. so florence nightingale woiuldnt have a competition from  men.. so does Mother Teresa (or any other mother) its impossble to compete with women in certain fields...
 
 


I hope you realize that the names you are coming up with are from long, long time ago. And these names do not prove anything except the fact that women were treated as second-class citizens in that era and did not have easy access to education and the workplace to go out and be the next Albert Einstein or Abraham Lincoln. This does not prove anything about female inferiority or male superiority, all it goes to prove is that society has suppressed women's rights throughout history. And that progress is now at its peak.

One example that immediately comes to mind is that of Watson and Crick who won the Nobel prize for proposing the double helix structure of the DNA molecule. Later, it was discovered, that this was actually Rosalind Franklin's discovery, but Watson and Crick took all the credit. I am sure there are numerous examples such as this one that failed to make it into history books throughout the years.
 
ok...
 
.. btw how long would you think women have been getting education, 10 years or 20 ro 30 or...?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Is it always good to be serious?

2 3 4 5 6 7 8

debayon 58 3538 29 August 2010 at 8:29am
By -Blossy-
Pakistani playes snubbed and ignored

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12

slumgod. 92 3877 30 January 2010 at 10:31pm
By Vinzy
Why are gals always accused?

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14

Fair-n-luvly 106 4386 25 December 2009 at 3:16am
By krystal_watz
Women equal rights vs Women Reservation

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Vinzy 71 6534 02 September 2009 at 4:08am
By angelic_devil
r women meaner to women?

2 3 4

mkzara 25 2762 23 February 2007 at 12:14pm
By Morning_Dew

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.