Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

POH, where art thou? We need to get working on that study ... seriously this time! The world needs us. 😆

I absolutely never feel ignored. And especially not because of my gender. In fact, if nothing else, being a part of the female sex will help you get attention. 😆

There was a time where you could argue that the female voice has been suppressed, but not anymore. Times are changing, society has progressed and women are just as important as males even in this patriarchal society. Does that mean that you will never face any gender discrimination? Not at all. But to make yourself believe that your voice isn't heard is also not logical on your part.

You can change this by stop feeling sorry for yourself, accept the realities of the world, and empower yourself to live a life with your head held high. Being a woman does not make you weak, it is feeling sorry for yourself because you're a woman that makes you weak.

Empty peppy talk is not good.. dont forget she started this topic  because she sensed this.. and I would trust her senses more thanyour beliefs.. not to say that it should be the way she saw it.. but if something exists it does until it is removed.. Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago
"

But saying "most" is still a HUGE generalization on your part! You are claiming that most women are not as smart as "most" men. You are bringing in that whole concept of superiority vs. inferiority that we beat to death (apparently, i did at least .... i'm guessing this topic will also be 'female' in that sense) in the last thread.

Its mindsets like these that have created so much anti-male sentiment amongst today's female population. You cannot claim intellectual superiority based on gender."

Yeah, it is IMPOSSIBLE to generalize and be correct.  I lived among foolish girls in my school, but perhaps someone else maybe living among girls who are way more intelligent than himself. and also we cant deny that girls beat boys test results EVERY year :P.
qwertyesque thumbnail

But saying "most" is still a HUGE generalization on your part! You are claiming that most women are not as smart as "most" men. You are bringing in that whole concept of superiority vs. inferiority that we beat to death (apparently, i did at least .... i'm guessing this topic will also be 'female' in that sense) in the last thread.

Its mindsets like these that have created so much anti-male sentiment amongst today's female population. You cannot claim intellectual superiority based on gender.

Comeon.. you have to prove your last statement by naming few known intellectuals in women world..... Name the most famous philosopher, scientist who made a difference....etc   amongst women its easier said than done.. Now this  is not because women dont have brains or are weaker than men.. but they have some different kind of pursuits in some unknown domain..
take sports for eg.. how many sportswomen stand out.. most prefere cheering (and they are todays modern women......)the mens team.. of  course there are some like serena and danica and lindsey vonn.. but like i said they are exceptions...
Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: jettythegod

"

Its mindsets like these that have created so much anti-male sentiment amongst today's female population. You cannot claim intellectual superiority based on gender."

Yeah, it is IMPOSSIBLE to generalize and be correct.  I lived among foolish girls in my school, but perhaps someone else maybe living among girls who are way more intelligent than himself. and also we cant deny that girls beat boys test results EVERY year :P.

thats not uncommon.. again like you said it may not be common either...
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Comeon.. you have to prove your last statement by naming few known intellectuals in women world..... Name the most famous philosopher, scientist who made a difference....etc   amongst women its easier said than done.. Now this  is not because women dont have brains or are weaker than men.. but they have some different kind of pursuits in some unknown domain..
take sports for eg.. how many sportswomen stand out.. most prefere cheering (and they are todays modern women......)the mens team.. of  course there are some like serena and danica and lindsey vonn.. but like i said they are exceptions...

Madame Curie
Florence Nightingale
Eleanor Roosevelt
Cleopatra
Margaret Thatcher
Mary Shelley
Nadia Comeneci
Steffi Graff

qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Madame Curie
Florence Nightingale
Eleanor Roosevelt
Cleopatra
Margaret Thatcher
Mary Shelley
Nadia Comeneci
Steffi Graff

Sure how many years/centuries you have to go back... !!! I can give you such names as well... and all you came up with is 8 names .... I can add living indira nooyi and j k rowling. martina navratilova...  but what  proprotion does that constitute... ...
Now give me names who can stand next to teh following

albert einstein,
Pablo picasso
Warren buffet
bill gates
tiger woods
Vishwanathan anand
Ramdev baba
Thomas edison
Abraham lincoln....
 this can go on and on till 1000 of pages... i just selected a variety of fields and notable people there

also women have acheived exceptionally in fields non-typical to men.. so florence nightingale woiuldnt have a competition from  men.. so does Mother Teresa (or any other mother) its impossble to compete with women in certain fields...

Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Empty peppy talk is not good.. dont forget she started this topic  because she sensed this.. and I would trust her senses more thanyour beliefs.. not to say that it should be the way she saw it.. but if something exists it does until it is removed..

My words were not a pep talk at all. I have never denied that we live in a patriarchal society, where men do stand first and foremost in line. If this girl lives in a place/community/family/school/society that compels her to believe that woman are second-class citizens, I am just trying to tell her that the rest of the world is not like that.

Personally, I have never been "ignored" because of my gender or discriminated against whether it be in school, workplace, family, community, or society. And that is not my belief, its my reality. May not be same as anyone else's, but when is it ever?
qwertyesque thumbnail

My words were not a pep talk at all. I have never denied that we live in a patriarchal society, where men do stand first and foremost in line. If this girl lives in a place/community/family/school/society that compels her to believe that woman are second-class citizens, I am just trying to tell her that the rest of the world is not like that.

Personally, I have never been "ignored" because of my gender or discriminated against whether it be in school, workplace, family, community, or society. And that is not my belief, its my reality. May not be same as anyone else's, but when is it ever?

Agreed and I can tell you i dont remember doing that to any woman...
btw do you know whats a nishachar.....😆.. you and i  kind of are now.....😆. so goodnight.. everybody is equal.. and thats fine... now go to bed and good night....!!Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago
Infact , I have noticed that its shifted to a total extreme where minorities of the past are being overly patronized now and it makes me sick.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Agreed and I can tell you i dont remember doing that to any woman...
btw do you know whats a nishachar.....😆.. you and i  kind of are now.....😆. so goodnight.. everybody is equal.. and thats fine... now go to bed and good night....!!

I wouldn't ever expect you to either. 😆

Edit- oh, you mean we're nocturnal creatures? I've always been one. 😆 G'night!
Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 13 years ago