Why Are Women ALWAYS Ignored!?

DesiGirl_ thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys =]
If some of you may have noticed, in this worl, the male usualy matters more. The MALE voice is heard whereas the FEMALE voice is ignored. We women have a voice as well and we want it to be heard! What about our side of the story? Why does HE get the praise? Why can't we get the job just because were Female. I took a Gender Studies class in school and that is where i got this topic idea from. Don't you feel that we, women, are always ignored? What do you feel about this? How can we try to change this?

😔
Edited by SweetDesi09 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Are you talking about Shreya Ghosal, Sunidhi Chowhan, Lata, Asha, Kavita, Alka?
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SweetDesi09

Hey guys =]

If some of you may have noticed, in this worl, the male usualy matters more. The MALE voice is heard whereas the FEMALE voice is ignored. We women have a voice as well and we want it to be heard! What about our side of the story? Why does HE get the praise? Why can't we get the job just because were Female. I took a Gender Studies class in school and that is where i got this topic idea from. Don't you feel that we, women, are always ignored? What do you feel about this? How can we try to change this?

😔

No, if you are a girl first let me tell you.. in this world women matter more!! they have qualities which men can only dream of. Having said that.. what ,most women say most of the time is either meaningless or uncool... which is why many men ignore women..
now that doesnt mean all women dont say sensible things.. some of them are amongst the brightest but what I said is just for  "women" in general... I know you are an exception.. and veri bright... so.. just believe in yourself...Just as more women believe in themselves this would eventually be normalized.....
oh my god, not this again.
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: jettythegod

oh my god, not this again.

😆😆
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
POH, where art thou? We need to get working on that study ... seriously this time! The world needs us. 😆

I absolutely never feel ignored. And especially not because of my gender. In fact, if nothing else, being a part of the female sex will help you get attention. 😆

There was a time where you could argue that the female voice has been suppressed, but not anymore. Times are changing, society has progressed and women are just as important as males even in this patriarchal society. Does that mean that you will never face any gender discrimination? Not at all. But to make yourself believe that your voice isn't heard is also not logical on your part.

You can change this by stop feeling sorry for yourself, accept the realities of the world, and empower yourself to live a life with your head held high. Being a woman does not make you weak, it is feeling sorry for yourself because you're a woman that makes you weak.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

No, if you are a girl first let me tell you.. in this world women matter more!! they have qualities which men can only dream of. Having said that.. what ,most women say most of the time is either meaningless or uncool... which is why many men ignore women..
now that doesnt mean all women dont say sensible things.. some of them are amongst the brightest but what I said is just for  "women" in general... I know you are an exception.. and veri bright... so.. just believe in yourself...Just as more women believe in themselves this would eventually be normalized.....

So, as a general rule of thumb, most women are ignorant and rant meaninglessly while most men are smart and say "cool" things. Is that the message you're trying to get across this, I presume, teenage girl who is trying to figure out her role as a woman in a patriarchal society?

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

POH, where art thou? We need to get working on that study ... seriously this time! The world needs us. 😆

I absolutely never feel ignored. And especially not because of my gender. In fact, if nothing else, being a part of the female sex will help you get attention. 😆

There was a time where you could argue that the female voice has been suppressed, but not anymore. Times are changing, society has progressed and women are just as important as males even in this patriarchal society. Does that mean that you will never face any gender discrimination? Not at all. But to make yourself believe that your voice isn't heard is also not logical on your part.

You can change this by stop feeling sorry for yourself, accept the realities of the world, and empower yourself to live a life with your head held high. Being a woman does not make you weak, it is feeling sorry for yourself because you're a woman that makes you weak.

thats true, she sister.
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

So, as a general rule of thumb, most women are ignorant and rant meaninglessly while most men are smart and say "cool" things. Is that the message you're trying to get across this, I presume, teenage girl who is trying to figure out her role as a woman in a patriarchal society?

See the key word here is "MOST" not "ALL".. since she is going to meet many women on the way - this is to ensure meaningless gossip should  not be assumed to be some kind of standard...the important thing is she sensed it and I am just building a good reason around it...  Nothing to do with martiarchal or patriarchal or anything.. despite the fact that society is going to be male dominated (even if nobody wants it to be) atleast for the next few decades... and this last thing has nothing to do with women being ignored...Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

See the key word here is "MOST" not "ALL".. since she is going to meet many women on the way - this is to ensure meaningless gossip should  not be assumed to be some kind of standard...

But saying "most" is still a HUGE generalization on your part! You are claiming that most women are not as smart as "most" men. You are bringing in that whole concept of superiority vs. inferiority that we beat to death (apparently, i did at least .... i'm guessing this topic will also be 'female' in that sense) in the last thread.

Its mindsets like these that have created so much anti-male sentiment amongst today's female population. You cannot claim intellectual superiority based on gender.