Members Lounge

Need advice about my future..plzz help...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sweet_chilly

IF-Rockerz

sweet_chilly

Posted: 04 July 2010 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
hey
i have just got admission in philosohy hons in delhi universtiy..at first i was very enthusiastic as i found the subject interesting but i am now worried as whether a philosophy degreee will get me a job?Confused
can u plzz help me.
.if i do an mba.after completing my graduation...can i get a good job?

Edited by sweet_chilly - 04 July 2010 at 1:14pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Need advice about my future..plzz help..." in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sex.Direction

IF-Rockerz

Sex.Direction

Posted: 06 July 2010 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweet_chilly

hey
i have just got admission in philosohy hons in delhi universtiy..at first i was very enthusiastic as i found the subject interesting but i am now worried as whether a philosophy degreee will get me a job?Confused
can u plzz help me.
.if i do an mba.after completing my graduation...can i get a good job?

Im sure you could. go on google an type in "jobs with philosophy degree"
or ask teachers.
all the best for the future Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sweet_chilly

-Komal-

Goldie

-Komal-

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 3:34am | IP Logged
I wont recommend going for mba after graduation!  Delhi University is seen as a good college. If not just your philosophy, then the name of ur college would surely help u in getting a good job!

sweet_chilly

bahane

Goldie

bahane

Posted: 07 July 2010 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
hi Smile
in my point of view loving your course is the first important thing for studding . i think you don't need to be worry because at least you can teach and even if you continue your study you can be professor in university . to be honest i haven't study philosophy but i always find it interesting.Tongue
also you can ask from your teachers about finding job in your filed !!!!
best wishes and good luckClap

Edited by bahane - 07 July 2010 at 5:49pm

sweet_chilly

sinman

Groupbie

sinman

Posted: 08 July 2010 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Hi there... it is said that every student in this era is going to be an expert in a field in the future. The reason...there is so much of opportunity. If you have true passion in what you are learning then this will take you whichever height you want to go in that field. If psychology is your passion, I doubt whether you will get the same satisfaction in learning MBA. I would suggest you to go for where your heart is.

But then, the kind of information you have gathered about all the courses you are considering also is very important. You may want to consider what are you looking forward to learn and do in psychology and then do some research like.. whether the chosen school is good in that field, get the details about the course from someone who has already done the same course (good if from the same institution), about the opportunities that it will open to you etc. after that I am sure you will be able to make a good choice. This analysis will also helping you in understanding your own inner goals and will you the motivation to move forward with your decision by taking the responsibility.

I majored in engineering with a subject which I now know I chose because that was THE in-branch at that point of time. It was supposed to offer a lot of money and job security, which it surely does. But if I had taken time to listen to my heart which had a passion for Astro Physics, I would have felt far more satisfied and in control of my life.

Just look at Bill Gates, Steve Jobs etc. They did what they had passion in at a time when nobody knew computers were going to be one of the necessities in the future. They just followed their passion and that passion took them to great heights.

Sorry about the long lecture. I wish you all the best for your future. Take care...

Edited by sinman - 08 July 2010 at 3:33am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bahanesweet_chilly

Post Reply New Post

Go to top