Living in Pakistan or India - Page 6

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Ebony.

<a href="http://shoothephotographer.piczo.com/?g=40005964&cr=3"></a>@ the bold part:

you canhave maids, butlers, and a driver in britain/uk. I know, cause I have one.

@the topic starter:

I wouldnt want to live in india or pakistan, i havefamilies in both countries, mostly because the last time i went pakistan i was 9, and to be honest it was the same,LOL altho i was 9i went out on my own (well yeh) everyday, and sometimes with cousins, and i went indiaforvacation in the summer and lovedit, except, i wouldnt want to move there for my whole life. I mean think ofall the new stuff youwould have to do? water, the houses,diff climates, and pakistan has alot of terrisom.

Yes you can have maids, butlers, drivers etc but try living in the capital and see if you can afford that as a middle class person. In fact an average person in the UK can't afford that. If you are upper middle-class or rich then yeah throw a bit of money and you can have all that and much more. My point is that in India you don't have to be rich to afford all that. I know this because my mum grew up in a family of 5 in bombay and only my nana was working and they were not staying in a fancy flat but in an ordinary building that still after over 40years doesn't even have a lift in it like most buildings yet they could afford a full time maid who helped with the kids, made lunch, dinner, cleaned the house, did dishes etc. Now look at a guy in the UK in the same situation who would have to pay the maid minimum salary and he would feel the hole in his pocket a lot lot more. Obviously the standard of living is higher in the UK but so is the cost of a butler, maid, driver etc. 😉

@everyone else: Honestly, if you get a chance then go to the big cities and look at the youth of the country. You will see SO much difference. The way they live their life has changed so much over the last 10-20yrs. I know my cousin just came back and she told me that she feels they are even more modern there than we are here. 😆 (and our families are not old-fashioned at all!)
Originally posted by Pianofied.

<font color="#000000">When I go to Pakistan for vacat</font><font color="#000000">ions, I really enjoy myself. However, I can never stay outside all alone, even in daytime unlike here in Canada. May it be 12am, I can always stay alone here but not at all in Pakistan.</font> Ok...well maybe not until 12am...but maybe 10pm is okay. Lol. Point is, you always have to have someone by your side in Pakistan because many things can happen to you. Just the other day, my mom's friend was telling how her sister in Pakistan was walking alone and some goon stole her bag which was full of cash. What's surprising is that she was covered from head to toe. She was wearing the niqaab and all and the goon didn't even care...fourtunately, he didn't know she was heading towards her car. So, I'd rather live abroad then in a country like Pakistan.

From what I've read in this thread, India seems abit more safer than Pakistan and I'd have to agree.

Canada seems a lot safer than London. There are quite a few dodgy areas in London and forget about 10pm, even walking out after sunset is a big risk in the winter. For any fellow londoners, I mean places like hackney and wanstead. You'd be crazy to walk the streets late at night unless you're planning on getting stabbed! 😳
Other places like central london where all the nightlife and clubs are, tend to be a bit safer because it's lively even at 3am where a lot of the big shops are still open but obviously can be a bit dangerous with fights breaking out in clubs due to people getting a little bit too tipsy and wasted.
I am not agree with you I am Pakistani I live in Japan .
But I always wanted to stay in Pakistan yes you can say bcoz of Terrorism we are lil afraid now.

But before when my country was not going through with terrorism I use to enjoy a lot me and my cousins go for shopping and late night trips wow it was all amazing during that time ...

At that time karachi was called City of lightening and we use to enjoy a lot ..

My mother or elders never stop me or restrict me not to do this and that...

Actually it depends in which area you are going to stay...
I recently came back from Pakistan it was a fun trip.....
ab Karachi kafee change hogaya hay awesome fashion,awesome restaurants, Life is more beautiful during Chaandraaat....
I still love my country ......

oh yes you will get dust,load shedding but this is all fun coz in Japan we have no such problems ..

Aisay jeena bhi koi jeena hay
Without problems life would be so boring....
I guess it depends on what PART of Pakistan you wanna live in... I'm not Pakistani and I've never been there but it depends. Some parts are safer than others... just as it is in Canada, USA, UK, India etc. etc.
im from pakistan bt living in USA i would really lov to live in my country even though there is a littlle terriosim bt still i lov my country even though in USA there is no problem bt still it feels that something is missing u dnt knw

@topic owner: nice topic =)
I'm an Indian and have all life my in India. I've also spend one year in Britain. And honestly, speaking I prefer living in India any day. I've seen standard of living both in India and England and my life is much better in India in all the aspects.
Originally posted by -Komal-

Datz so true.. Life in India and Pakistan is way different IN EVERY SINGLE WAY.

Actually, India and Pakistan may have common roots considering we were ONE country once upon a time but as off now life in both countries is different in all forms. India is lot safer and outgoing and girls can feel safe going out at midnight be it of any religion in most parts of the country. In all aspects India is better I feel after listening to friends from Pakistan.

@ Hindu4lyf: But who would be stupid enough to walk at midnight through Hackney? LOL, and I live in the second capital city of england; Birmingham, and where I live, is so much safer then pakistan, india, london and other places.

Originally posted by Ebony.

<font face="Courier New" color="#666666">@ Hindu4lyf: But who would be stupid enough to walk at midnight through Hackney? LOL, and I live in the second capital city of england; Birmingham, and where I live, is so much safer then pakistan, india, london and other places.

</font>

LOL exactly my point! No-one would dare to do something like that because of the area being so unsafe. So the whole of London is not that safe at all in comparison to maybe a country like canada like someone pointed out earlier. I think in India, the biggest problem is eve-teasing and poverty. If that can be sorted out then the country would be even safer than it is right now. I'm glad you feel safe in birmingham but I dunno, I feel like no-one is safe these days. I've witnessed a cousin who lives in an extremely rich, quiet and clean area and recently her house was broken in to. The place is surrounded by private properties and private roads and yet that didn't stop the robbers from breaking in.

It doesn't help that the economy is not doing well at all so this sorta stuff is a lot more common these days.

On a side note, I've actually heard that singapore is the most safest country in the world and you could walk out at 3/4am and nothing would happen to you. I'd live to visit the country some day!
I m an Indian.... but i m in Saudi now..... 😛

there is misconceptions i m seeing here India not having oppotunities.... India has got lots n lots of opportunities than n e odr country..... every sector is booming der..... It will be amon thedevelpoed conntry very soon !!!! 😃

And yeah Indians r doin well all over the world in every field !!!!!

Keep-------------Smiling !!!!!! 😊
Edited by tomnjerry2 - 13 years ago