Living in Pakistan or India - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by ARMaanEet

Oh lol .. is that because your young or specifically because your a girl?

coz m a girl😭
Originally posted by ARMaanEet

😊😊 and you don't feel as if there are loads of restrictions in India, and you can't go out freely?
Not at all! Its not on the place where you live.. If ur parents don't mind, u r set all free!
The only thing stopping me from living there is that I have my friends and family here. I am so used to the environment over here. Forget India, even moving to a holiday home in spain and not working for the rest of my life would be so difficult for me!

Sorry but Pakistan and India are NOT the same. Terrorism is a much bigger deal in pakistan. It may not be the safest of countries in the world, but India is definitely safer than pakistan (just look at the stats to prove that)

I've been to India many times, have a lot of family there and I know that life for a middle-class Indian is a LOT better than that if a middle class British citizen. In India, you're not stuck with the same old 9-5 job, you have 2-3 maids, a driver to take you anywhere, 100's of channels for about 100rs a month lol. Even the night life in westernised cities where I come from (like bombay and delhi) is amazing!

I'd love to live there..my only problem is it's too hard to leave my friends and family behind :(
I love living in India :) No restrictions for girls. Hmm I wasn't sure why you were saying living in both places is the same. In India, it's just like US. I can go anywhere I want, do anything I want. It's really fun actually.

Nice topic!
Edited by aishi.muffin - 13 years ago
Well... its nice to share some of my experience...
I live in Toronto but whenever I go to India I find that women are catching up to the
same spot as men. My cousins always travel and have all the freedom like US or UK
But there are some places where we can not do that but that only varies in where u live
and how safe the area is

Edited by 0711rokxoxo - 13 years ago
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Sorry but Pakistan and India are NOT the same. Terrorism is a much bigger deal in pakistan. It may not be the safest of countries in the world, but India is definitely safer than pakistan (just look at the stats to prove that)

Datz so true.. Life in India and Pakistan is way different IN EVERY SINGLE WAY.
Originally posted by -Komal-

Datz so true.. Life in India and Pakistan is way different IN EVERY SINGLE WAY.
I agree that there is a lot more terrorism in Pakistan than in India, and in that respect India is more safer. But what my question is not about the terrorism or how safe it is to live in Pakistan. If I am destined to die in a bomb blast, that can and will happen to me in England as well.

When I say Pakistan and India are similar, I am talking about the roads, the taxi's, the roadside food, the maids, the pollution, the language etc.

And also I know that there is a mix of Pakistani's and Indians on this forum and that's why I thought it sensible to include everyone.

And thankyou for your replies!
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

The only thing stopping me from living there is that I have my friends and family here. I am so used to the environment over here. Forget India, even moving to a holiday home in spain and not working for the rest of my life would be so difficult for me!

I've been to India many times, have a lot of family there and I know that life for a middle-class Indian is a LOT better than that if a middle class British citizen. In India, you're not stuck with the same old 9-5 job, you have 2-3 maids, a driver to take you anywhere, 100's of channels for about 100rs a month lol. Even the night life in westernised cities where I come from (like bombay and delhi) is amazing!

I'd love to live there..my only problem is it's too hard to leave my friends and family behind :(
I understand that you don't want to leave family and friends, but i'll take my family with me LOL

And I come from Islamabad, and I swear the life there is SO GOOD!
Originally posted by aishi.muffin

I love living in India :) No restrictions for girls. Hmm I wasn't sure why you were saying living in both places is the same. In India, it's just like US. I can go anywhere I want, do anything I want. It's really fun actually.

Nice topic!
I meant similar, not he same. 😊
Originally posted by 0711rokxoxo

Well... its nice to share some of my experience...
I live in Toronto but whenever I go to India I find that women are catching up to the
same spot as men. My cousins always travel and have all the freedom like US or UK
But there are some places where we can not do that but that only varies in where u live
and how safe the area is

Yeah, I think that is pretty much the same as Pakistan, there are some places that you won't be allowed to go to. Regardless if you're a girl or boy.