Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
i still stick to the same thing i said before in acting department, she has a long way to go

if aamir can teach her then thats good

as far as Madam Indu pratap singh is concerned, Just one speech of hers brought audiences to the theatre, yes i dont deny that fact

but There could be so much better from kat's side to this character, She could have made it a milestone in her career in acting terms not in B.O collection terms

luck, destiny, chance, they will favour only the person who will try from their own side, m not saying kat is not trying, but she should push her more to prove her metal as an actor

Originally posted by: pooja_l

agree with u reha, kat also should explore her potentials

even i was largely disappointed when i watched raajneeti, i thought i will get to see a good performance from her, but it was as average as it could be

there were so many scenes where she could excel

the break down scene right after bomb blast, it could be a heart-rendering scene but it was just ok, nothing that made me cry from her side

so kat should try hard to be an Actor

Priyanka was the first choice for Raajneti.  But, she didn't have the dates.  Obviously, Priyanka is a National Award winner and could have done the role easily.  But, Raajneti would have been a step down for her.  Why would she take a inconsequential role like Raajneti, especially when doing a Fashion or Kaminey?  LOL.  🤣
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I dont believe that Indu's role was a third rate role

it depends on the actor to what level one can take it

yes there were many men, but even in the past, there are films where there is just one woman and many men

i think sridevi had a film named army, but the men could not over shadow her, coz she gave a tough competition, and there are many more such examples

there are roles where its just 20 mins of performances and yet, u r the best liked by the audiences

so it not how lengthy ur character is, its how much impactful u can make it
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: eroticlover

Priyanka was the first choice for Raajneti.  But, she didn't have the dates.  Obviously, Priyanka is a National Award winner and could have done the role easily.  But, Raajneti would have been a step down for her.  Why would she take a inconsequential role like Raajneti, especially when doing a Fashion or Kaminey?  LOL.  🤣

Priyanka's role in Kaminey was consequential?? I thought it was a blink-and-you-miss-it kind of a role and defintely far, far behind the weight and import of Shahid's role.
And if Indu's role was so inconsequential in Rajneeti, why was she the main selling point in EVERY pre-release promo, poster, event? Why was there not a single other actor whose name was used to sell this film to the public? And FYI, Rajneeti is now the third highest net grosser in the history of Bollywood, just behind 3I and Ghajini.

Originally posted by: pomegranate

instead of going off topic why can't we just focus on the actual topic?

Thanks. 😛

Maybe Aamir does want to work with Kat because he's supposed to be an actor and so is she....And generally Actors do work together and in BW it's like every top actor/actress do this together...🥱 you know just like an incestuous bond...they can't help themselves to do so 😲
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Relda

Priyanka's role in Kaminey was consequential?? I thought it was a blink-and-you-miss-it kind of a role and defintely far, far behind the weight and import of Shahid's role.
And if Indu's role was so inconsequential in Rajneeti, why was she the main selling point in EVERY pre-release promo, poster, event? Why was there not a single other actor whose name was used to sell this film to the public? And FYI, Rajneeti is now the third highest net grosser in the history of Bollywood, just behind 3I and Ghajini.

I agree, although I have to add that Priyanka really did make the best of those 8-9 odd scenes she was in.

That said, I do disagree with Indu's character being consequential despite the promotions. IMO, Katrina sells hence she was the center-piece when it came to promotions but Indu's role didn't give her a chance to show her acting prowess (that is to say if she has some because I'm still dubious). She was in and out as the love interest and when it came to the "I'm a widow so support me" speech near the end of the movie, her character didn't make an impact which was in part due to the clunky dialogues. The odd thng is, despite having a tad more screen time than Priyanka's Sweety in Kaminey, Indu had less character development.
Edited by ShadowKisses - 13 years ago

Aamir Khan is a fine actor and many actresses would love to work with him, so perhaps it's the other way round?! But even if Aamir wishes to work with Kat then I guess only he knows the reasons behind it. But Katrina Kaif is hot property at the mo and her films are doing well at the B.O. Whether or not she can act, that is a separate issue. And Aamir's films do well majority of the time. So perhaps he wants to maintain a good record at the B.O ;)

Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome jodi! they will rock!!!! He will bring out the best in her! Just wait & watch LOLLL