India-Forums

Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)
Kahiin To Hoga (Kahin To Hoga)

an old interview of aamna

shrutibali IF-Rockerz
shrutibali
shrutibali

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
From TV soap to music video - 'Kahiin To Hoga' star hits the high notes in Maldives

Indiantelevision.com Team
(5 February 2004 6:00 pm)

MUMBAI: Star Plus' latest rage show Kahiin to Hoga is reaping dividends for its stars from the oddest places.

Aamna Sharriff, lead protagonist (she plays the heroine Kashish) in Balaji Telefilms' youth-centric daily 'Kahiin To Hoga', has just performed in a music video in the Maldives opposite local music star Yoosuf Shafeeu.

Aamna has done a star turn in the video "inspired" by Ae Lo Ji Sanam Ham Haar Gaye, a song from the Rajkumar Santoshi directed Andaaz Apna Apna which starred Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Raveena Tandon and Karisma Kapoor. Aamna says she was very excited by this offer because it gave her a chance to dance to one of her favourite songs. The song was translated into Dhivehi - a Maldivan local language. If Indian music directors can lift tunes and ideas from Western music, Maldivans can jolly well do the same of our own Desi hits seems to be the logic at work here.

Ahmed Tholhath (L) directs Aamna Shareef (R) in Kuda Bandos island (Pic courtesy: Eternal Pictures studio, Maldives)

Speaking to indiantelevision.com, Aamna says, "It was fun, but it happened by accident. I had gone to Maldives to perform in a special appearance in the Diamond Jubilee Carnival. I was supposed to be there for just two days. As soon as the show was over, I was approached for a music video. Since I had time in hand, I decided to give it a shot."

Kahiin To Hoga has certainly done the trick for this girl. The girl would not in her wildest dreams have imagined that her serial create such a splash. She gushes, "The sheer numbers of Maldivians who bought expensive tickets and gathered to witness the performance had to be seen to be believed."

Would she be open to more music videos from here on? "Why not? If the concept and the presentation is good, I am game," she quipped.

shahidlover24 IF-Sizzlerz
shahidlover24
shahidlover24

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing!

PreityGirl Senior Member
PreityGirl
PreityGirl

Posted: 06 February 2005 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
thnx for the interview!
phoenix Senior Member
phoenix