Fan Fictions

My Untouched Desire (Maaneet) pt 18 pg 87 (Page 87)

Post Reply New Post

Page 87 of 92

Krishna_Sourav

IF-Addictz

Krishna_Sourav

Posted: 15 March 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged
awesome, nice part
loved it

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kweetrockstar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My Untouched Desire (Maaneet) pt 18 pg 87 (Page 87)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tyro

IF-Sizzlerz

Tyro

Posted: 16 March 2012 at 5:37am | IP Logged
hope u reconsider ur decision n write again...

will miss this ff...

loved reading it...

kweetrockstar

-Mishu-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Mishu-

Posted: 29 March 2012 at 9:07am | IP Logged
loved it..

kweetrockstar

blue_bird

Groupbie

blue_bird

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 1:47am | IP Logged
loved it..

kweetrockstar

LadyArwen

Goldie

LadyArwen

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 2:23am | IP Logged
please don't leave Pooja... love this fiction of yours...

kweetrockstar

sjain

IF-Addictz

sjain

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Hello !!.Look who is back ..WOOHO yes I am back ..with an update Stern SmileLOL..yes you guys read it correctly ..your POOJA is back with bang Tongue... with all the love and support you guys have shown to me has brought me back here to continue with this story ..Thank you so much all for such lovely comments ..this means alot to me Embarrassed

Ok !!..LOLL you all must be wondering who I am and why I am writing all this ..so here let me introduce myself I am MAHUA..An ardent reader of MUD and Pooja's friend too...and yes as I told you Pooja is back but not literallyOuch..AAH don't be upset..she will be writing this story further just that the chapters will be posted by me on her behalf as she can not come to IF due to some personal reasonsOuch So I will be helping her Embarrassed

Now , coming to update.. I will be posting next chapter here,and about updates in future , as Pooja will write further and when ever she will tell me to put next update I will post it Tongue So now with out delaying any more here is Chapter 18..hope you all will enjoy it !! WOHOO Embarrassed

Press LIKE and Comments are must ApproveLOL.. Seriously , she feels really happy encouraged reading reviews by her loyal readersSmile so please comment Embarrassed

Chapter - 18

Exactly after one week since the day Maan had gone with Geet to St Stefens, a fest was being held in the college. There was an atmosphere of festivities all around. People were having fun with their partners and friends. All his friends were also very busy. The colours in the vicinity highlighted the colourlessness in Maan's life. He wanted to just run away from there, but being the Editor of the college newspaper, he had to be present there, the Principal had especially asked him to cater to the guests. He was now awaiting the chief guest, when his eyes met a shocking view. He saw Geet come out of a car, and from the driver's seat, descended Aditya. Geet was dressed in a suit, in light colours of purple and silver. She looked beautiful to his eyes, as always. He smiled a little, recalling the first day she'd come to the college. But that smile disappeared as soon as he saw Aditya placing his hands on her shoulder, while Geet heard to whatever he spoke, with her head downcast. Maan saw unhappiness all over her face, even from such a distance. He wanted to go and cuddle her, to hold her. But as he thought all this, he saw Dev and Tara push past him, and go to Geet. Geet saw them and muttered a small hi. Both of them started talking to Aditya. After a few minutes, Maan also went to join them. He heard Aditya speaking,

"Kal Principal sir ka phone aaya, aur fest ke baare mein bataya. Unhone kaha ki Geet ka yaha hona zaruri tha, to main khud iseh chhodne aa gaya, bas. Anyways, Geet, please apna dhyaan rakhna, and always remember i love you, no matter what", he planted a small kiss on her forehead, and left from there. After bading Aditya, did Geet realize that Maan was present there. She looked at him with questions in her eyes, while Maan tried to avoid looking at her. From the corner of his eye, he saw Tara pull Geet along with her and go inside the college.

During the fest, Maan tried to avoid Tara and Dev, because he knew they would be with Geet. A mere sight of either of them forced him to change his direction. But he'd realized one fact, Geet was aware that he'd been avoiding her. He'd spotted her looking at him many times, and the look she gave him, was what didn't let him turn his gaze from her. She looked hurt by his indifference, he hadn't gone to meet her, despite the fact that all her college mates had gone to see her atleast once since the time the news had spread like a jungle fire that Geet was back in college. But the inevitable fell on him, when the on-the-spot singing cum karaoke competition began. Everyone was present there, the principal, the chief guest, and everyone. His presence was also mandatory. And as luck had its own way, he was standing right next to Tara, next to whom stood Geet and then Dev. Maan was thankful to Tara for standing in between them, but he was aware of Geet trying to look at him from the sides. The contestants were supposed to go on the stage, and select a song from the bowl that had a few slips of songs. The lyrics of the song would them come written on the board in front of them. The challenge was that the song was being played in a lower volume, in the background, and the contestant had to keep his pace along with the lyrics on the board, as well as the background. If he or she missed the pace at even a single point, the whole sync of the song was lost. As of yet, none of them had been able to complete a full song, but the crowd was having lots of fun here. More and more people came, and kept singing, some of them even returning to improve the second time. Maan saw Tara leave the crowd with Geet and Dev, and heaved a sigh of relief. But his relief was short lived, as he saw Tara behind the stage, pushing Geet on the stage. He realized that Tara was forcing her to go and sing, but Geet was constantly refusing. When Dev spoke something, Geet went to the stage without another refusal. She came to stand in the middle of the stage, as she didn't raise her eyes. Finally, she lifted her eyes, only to rest them on his. She looked at him, and didn't break the eye-lock.

"Hey friends, I am Geet Handa. The song, whichever I sing, is dedicated to a friend, someone who has recently become a very close friend of mine. I just hope that after today, everything between us is sorted, all the misunderstandings, all the fights. This one is for you Maan Khurana, hope you like it", Geet said, and moved towards the bowl, which Tara had brought for her. She picked up a slip, and after reading the song, Tara snapped the slip from her, pocketing it, and wishing her luck, went off the stage. Geet went to whisper the song in the ear of the person on the stage, who was managing the lyrics, and the music. She then came to stand near the mike, and placing her hands on the mike, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Maan was left aghast, when Geet had taken his name. but his shock subsided with the cheering of the crowd, as he heard whistling and hooting of the people. The way her eyes bore into his, showed her determination, that she wasn't about to give up so easily. He saw the confidence on her face when she took a long breath, and closed her eyes, before she started singing. The whole crowd turned silent, waiting for her to start.

I still hear your voice when you sleep next to me
I still feel your touch in my dreams
Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why
Without you it's hard to survive

She opened her eyes as she sang the last word, looking once again at him, and captivating him in the magic of her voice.

'Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling
And everytime we kiss, I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heart beat fast?
I want this to last
I need you by my side

Maan recalled the kiss they'd shared in the jungle, the love that he'd seen in her eyes that day, flashed back in her eyes once again. She looked only towards him, as she moved her hands with the music standing on one place itself.

'Cause everytime we touch, I feel the static
And everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky
Can't you hear my heart beat so?
I can't let you go
I want you in my life

All the moments that they'd spent together came back to his mind. It was true, he had always felt that static whenever their skin had come in contact. He had felt that magic whenever she was close to him.

Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky
They wipe away tears that I cry
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all
You make me rise when I fall

Geet hugged herself as if feeling the security of his arms around her. Images of Mallika and Aditya swam in front of Maan's eyes, and he realized of all that they'd gone through.

And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly
I want this to last
I need you by my side

She lifted her hand, and pointed towards him. Maan felt her take out all that she'd stored in her heart in one go. He saw how she tried to convince him of her love, of their love, of how they could come through everything.

'Cause everytime we touch, I feel the static
And everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky
Can't you hear my heart beat so?
I can't let you go
I want you in my life

And everytime we kiss, I swear I could fly
I want this to last
I need you by my side

Geet finished the song, and the whole throng rose in excitement to cheer her. She had not only managed to complete the song, but that too without even once staring at the lyrics board, or listening to the song being played. The crowd went mad in appreciation, and Geet was caught hold by everyone, to show their appraisal. But she had eyes only for one man, who was right now looking at her intently. She saw his eyes flare when either of the guys tried to touch her, even if it was just a handshake. She saw the rise and fall of his emotions, and smiled a bit seeing that. Just when she'd let herself out of everyone's hold, and headed him, he came out of a sudden trance, and rushed off from there. Geet tried to follow him, but she was left behind as the crowd made it difficult for her to move.

Maan had realized that the moment of confrontation wasn't very far now, so he headed to the green room, where the dancers of the next act were getting ready. He knew this was his last chance to fix everything. He abruptly opened the door, and walked in searching something frantically. The girls all around gave him weird looks, but didn't say anything, because it was Maan Khurana after all. Finally he found what he was looking for. Correction! He found whom he was looking for.

"Mallika!"

He shouted through his breathless words, startling everyone. Mallika was settled in front of a mirror putting her last touch-ups. She turned at his voice, and gave a defiant look.

"I haven't done anything now, if someone did say something, I don't care, am innocent", she spoke, a bit scared of his expressions.

"I want to talk to you, come out for five minutes", he spoke, now a bit calmly. She still gave him the confused look.

"Five minutes, that's all I want. Have to talk something very important", at this, she followed him outside, as he closed the door. They now stood in the corridor, where a curious Mallika faced a more anxious Maan. After a few seconds of silence, he finally spoke up.

"I need a favour", he let out, and saw Mallika stand there wide mouthed, in surprise.

"What?", it was the only word she could pronounce right now.

"Look, itna excited hone ki zarurat nahi hai, and will you stop shouting please. Everybody around is looking at us", he spoke softly, as he bent a little towards her.

"Yeah i will", she spoke loudly, but saw him glaring at her, and lowered her volume as she whispered, "Sorry! Haan, so where were we, am i right in listening that you wanted a favour, and that too, from me? The great Maan Khurana, is asking for help, from me, from Mallika, jise tumne khudse door rehne ki advice di thi? Oh my freaking God! I so can't believe this is happening. You know us din jis tarah se tumne mujhe dekha tha, you had me scared out of my wits. I am a transfer student, and i wanted to spend the 2 weeks of my life, having fun. But after your warning, i only wanted peace, so i have tried my best to avoid you", she started coming near him, and moved her finger on his face, "But looks like you've finally given into your desire for me. I am glad Maan, we can still have fun. I could be your girl-friend as long as am here. I have enough time...", he snapped her finger from his face as he spoke in a low, but determined voice.

"I don't want you to be my girl-friend. I just want you to pretend to be one, and that too, just for a short time, maybe just once"

Mallika looked at him with disbelief.

"Oh Maan! Why are you doing it to yourself, to us? Don't you remember those beautiful times we've spent together... all those memories, have you forgotten...", she continued, but was silenced by his words.

"I remember everything, I've forgotten nothing, nothing at all, our good times together. But with that, i also remember the betrayal Mallika, your betrayal, which left me shattered. I was hurt, and it was bad. I never questioned you, but tell me now, was it fair?", he held her shoulders and shook her, "If you didn't love me, then why all the pretense? What did you gain in all that? You think i can't see, your eyes reflect the hollowness of your life", Mallika lowered her eyes at this, "You may have all the luxuries you'd asked for, but inside you, deep down, there is a hollowness, which i can easily read. What have you done to yourself Mallika, and why?", he left her with a little force, and turned, his one hand taking support from the pillar, while his other hand clutching his head in frustration, and anger. After a brief silence, he heard her speak.

"Kya karna hai mujhe?", Maan turned to look at her pale face, which had shed a few silent tears. He was about to speak something, when he heard another voice.

"Maan?"

He turned his head in the direction of the voice, and saw Geet glance at him curiously.

"Geet!", Maan had wanted to speak, but it was Mallika's voice that had come out. She seemed surprised to see Geet standing there. As much as Mallika had known about Geet, it was that she was a simple, yet talented girl. She was college's favorite girl, and rode the list of popularity given her good nature. Reserved as she was, she'd won the hearts of almost everyone. It was difficult to hate her. But what had Geet to do, being here at this time? Was it something related to Maan? Her question was soon answered.

"Geet, i think you should go, tumhe yahaan se jana chahiye", Maan said in a little loud voice. Geet kept observing the two of them, as she came closer.

"But Maan, i wanted to talk to you...", she spoke, and stopped midway.

"Stop it Geet!", he said loudly, and everybody around stopped to witness the scene. Geet backed off a little, scared of his temper.

"Just a few minutes ago, you embarrassed me in front of the whole college. Of all the people, you had to choose me. I mean c'mon man, we're not even friends. Haven't i told you so, we cannot be friends. Understand? Why can't you get this simple thing down your throat, we just can't become friends. Wahaan sabke beech embarrassment kam thi kya, jo yahaan tak mera peechha karte karte aa gayi?", he spoke in an accusatory tone.

"Par Maan...", Geet tried to speak.

"Chalo let's leave that. But tell me one thing, how am i supposed to explain all of it to my girl-friend?", saying this, he went and put his arm around Mallika's waist, while Geet mouthed the word 'girl-friend' in surprise.

"Yes, how am i supposed to explain it to her, to Mallika, that whatever you did there, was utter foolishness. I was no ways involved in it. She doesn't believe me, and we're having this major fight right now. What am i supposed to do, to make her believe my innocence, so that she believes that i lo... er i love her, and no one else. Now do you want to hear more, or are you leaving?", he finally finished, as Mallika turned her face to look at him in wonder.

Geet said nothing after this, while some students who'd stopped to hear the commotion fled away to spread the news of Maan's fight with Geet, and that he was back with Mallika. Geet turned her gaze to look Mallika in the eye. She held her gaze for long. In the meantime, Maan tightened his hold on Mallika's waist, to relax after his performance. When he looked up, he saw Geet looking at Mallika. He cleared his throat to get Geet's attention, and got it, he did. She looked at him for a brief second, before she turned and went away. Maan let out the sigh he didn't know he'd been holding.

"So?", Mallika spoke after Geet had left, and Maan immediately removed his hand when he heard her speak.

"So, so what?", he counter-asked her, avoiding her eyes that questioned him.

"So Mr Maan Khurana, so ye ki you really really love her, a lot, right?", Mallika said, and he raised his eyes in disbelief.

"I remember now, it was her, Geet, that day, in the music room, when i had almost kissed you. Am i right?", she asked, and Maan gave a slight nod of his head, "To baaki ki story tum bataoge, ya mujhe khud hie guess karni hogi?", she again asked.

"Story? What story? There's no story to be told...", saying this, he started moving away.

"She didn't believe you Maan, she didn't believe in us", Mallika's words stopped him dead in the track. He came back to her, and shook her by her shoulders, again.

"What do you mean?"

"What i mean, is that she didn't believe in your drama, not even for a single second. She knew it was all a pretense, and that i was no girl-friend of yours...", she removed his hands.

"But how could she... I don't get it... how... how do you know this", he ruffled his hair.

"Have you ever seen her eyes? Oh, what am i asking, obviously you might have. By the way, how many times have you lost yourself in her eyes?", Maan glared at her, and she mumbled a sorry. "Her eyes, they are very expressive, they actually...", she stopped speaking when she heard him.

"speak, they tell you everything, the gateway to her heart, her eyes are. But only when she wants them to be, or at times when i catch her off guard. She can control what her eyes tell everyone, but with me, she lets her eyes do the talk, sometimes voluntarily, and sometimes involuntarily. Those big, huge captivating eyes of hers..."

"Ehem ehem", Mallika snapped a finger in front of his lost face, as she coughed fakely.

"So like i was saying before you were lost, she told me, that she didn't believe one word, not one of them, of what you'd said. She looked at me in the eye, and i knew she warned me to stay away. I guess she did it voluntarily this time"

"Par Mallika..."

"Nai Maan, I've met her, and trust me, she was beyond sweet to me. But today, i saw the look, that conveyed a message. She told me to stay away from you, or i'll see the worse of her. And honestly, am too scared not to listen to her. I could tell, she can have me chopped me in a flash of a second", Mallika told him.

"Don't worry, i am sure you're just imagining it all. Geet would never...",

"Don't underestimate her Maan, she was serious. She loves you, a lot. It takes a great deal of confidence not to believe in what all you just said. She had perfect confidence on your love for her..."

"But i don't love her..."

"Whom are you trying to fool Maan? When you were trying to convince Geet that you loved me, you weren't able to use those words without hesitating once. But when you had to use the words for her, it all came out in a flow, right? Oh Maan, why can't you see it? You both love each other like crazy, then why can't you admit it", Mallika spoke, clearly frustrated.

"It's complicated Mallika...", Maan sighed. Mallika placed a hand on his shoulder, as she consoled him.

"I don't know ki tum dono ke beech kya problem hai Maan, but i'll just pray that wahi ho, jo tum dono ke liye best hai. I gotta go now, my performance is next", she said. Maan nodded at her.

"Thanks Mallika, for everything"

"Maan, i am sorry about the past. But honestly, i'll never forget the time i spent with you. Thank you for that. I'll always keep you both in my prayers. And one more thing, Geet is great and beautiful, no doubt, but she sings beautifully too, very enchanting", Mallika smiled and walked off, leaving a thoughtful Maan.

"Geet, did you really not believe in what i said? Mallika says she can read my love in my eyes, then why couldn't you, that day, when you saw me with her, and that day, in the car, when i'd wanted to explain the truth to you, and that time, when we were together in the jungle? Why couldn't you realize it all then? Perhaps it wouldn't have been too late then..."

"Bhai, ab bhi kuch late nai hua hai!", he turned around shocked, as he heard Tara's voice.

The following 69 member(s) liked the above post:

harikashiva25dpurvasimran2608mishtimskgeeta1803swati2011sarah_12chuchurahideepsikha09kash53ashwimaaneetsamaman22jangoyalkalpna123sarah_zaishalathaausheetalvasasree10preet.harmancutestarzsurbhijn1069290860623MSgayatriDazlingdivyamish123fatema_007-eiya-MeghPiyashipriyasreepearl_warriorLadyArwenBe.edgymaansi007m-g19charlie1950karna91samidsamidshinseensaomom286pearlkingofmekabslocksangel_smilycrazydream-Mitu-Tia-AFreeBirdsoni4eva-Veritaserum-Ash1991kweetrockstaralicia212anuandaviRadhika Shahswetha10sweet scorpiomuskanphinal_maaneet-afsha-preethia6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6zaara2212gill123Craziest_MGvrinda22Remya_PillaiTyro-Mishu-tabby999Neelambari..spvd

anuandavi

IF-Sizzlerz

anuandavi

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Thanks for the update. That was simply awesome. Hope k sab kuch thik ho jaye jaldi se..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kweetrockstarsjain

Remya_Pillai

IF-Sizzlerz

Remya_Pillai

Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:53am | IP Logged
Breath taking update..
The song and confidence of geet in maan...simply superb..
Mallika read what maan cudn't read frm geet's eyes..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kweetrockstarsjain

Post Reply New Post

Go to top