Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kuttu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi
Just logged in after a long long time on to this forum and glad to see an update from you on this forum. seems like you are going to complete the stories.You really know to keep us on tender hooks. And what is all this drama unfolding who is the pregnant lady. And Nattu and Purva are they serious about one another really. Jai thinking of marriage. That sure is a good sign but will Bani agree is another question though she is in love with him. And Jai's possesive nature sure would land him in more trouble than good for him. So eagerly waiting for another update. Hope you do not keep us waiting for too long.
Bye
Rockyy_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ezzie, fabulous chapter.

So much mystery to unlock, don't leave us on the edge for too long.

Update soon, take care.

By the way can't wait for Sicilian update😃.
Ezther thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

As promised Cupid,here is the next installment.And for all my avid readers, thanks for the encouraging remarks.It helped spur me on.This starts to bring to light what the big secret is so happy reading!!!!!!

Natchiket watched the little woman with hawk eyes as she spoke haltingly as to why she was there. He didn't want to be involved in this anymore that he had been the last time. I mean why did all these things just find a way to always try to destroy the happiness he found? He had been happy with the family....his family. And with the entrance of this woman in their lives he had had his whole sense of family destroyed in one go. He hadn't asked for this...no one had but dammit! He would not be dragged into this mess again. Not if he could help it.

"If there was something I could do, I wouldn't be here but I beg you," the woman was saying, "We need help."

She looked at him with all the pleading that should melt any man's heart but he was so not in the mood. He looked at Purva who like any woman was clearly moved by the story. Damn.

"Look Meera. This has nothing to do with me. The last time I came between you and him it broke my family. I am not about to get involved again. Purva..."

He turned to look at her as he attempted to extricate himself from the whole situation, and stopped cold. She was looking at him like he had suddenly grown two heads and a tail and was brandishing a trident like a mad! O shit, he thought, here we go.

She got up and grabbing his hand much to Meera's shock and pulled him out of the booth, shutting the door softly behind her.

"What the hell is going on Nattu?" she asked as soon as the door was closed.

He sighed tiredly, knowing since she didn't know the full story it was always natural to jump to conclusions, "Listen Purva. This is a story going back several years. I don't expect you to understand but I can only ask you to trust me on this. She's bad news all around."

"Then make me understand Nattu, because all I see is a woman who is scared out of her mind but yet braved all to come here and face you...."

"Of course she had to come in an avatar that would inspire pity. Let herself get really pregnant, and then show up her with a sob story. It's nothing new Purva. I am not going to be fooled twice."

She was shaking her head in disbelief, "How can you be so cold? Jai that woman looks like she can barely afford to take care of herself and you stand here to accuse her of pulling a fast one. I don't care what she did in the past Nattu. What matters is that she is a broken woman who is at her wits end. You need to help."

"I will do no such thing!" Natchiket bellowed, looking like a wounded animal at that point, a pain she didn't understand clouding his eyes which had suddenly looked drained of energy.

She was so taken aback by his violent reaction that she took a surprised step back in wide-eyed fright. A few seconds later she turned to notice the inquisitive stares of bystanders. She swallowed a few times and then turned resolute to which Natchiket released an inner groan. He knew when she got like that there was no telling her to do otherwise.

"Okay Nattu. I am your woman, and I respect the fact that you refuse to help her. But since I am not involved in whatever this is, I would respectfully ask you to let me take her some place where she can get cleaned up and have a proper meal."

"Purva, I do not approve," he said with an angry set of his jaw as she turned to walk back into the room.

She turned "Your disapproval is noted. But I cannot in good conscience walk away."

"So you will take in every stray you come across?" he asked bitingly.

She paused thoughtfully, "No. Just the ones you actually know and refuse to help whom I think do not deserve to be treated like lepers."

So saying she turned and opened the door to stare at a frightened Meera on the other end, positively sobbing now, seeing a glaring Natchiket standing behind Purva. She walked up to her and took her hand in a gentle grip.

"Listen to me Meera. I don't know what happened between you and my fianc, but if you would let me, I'd like to offer you a place to lay your head at least for the night so you can gather your wits around you. Would you let me?"

Meera turned wide eyes to look at Natchiket who looked ready to smack her to hell and back and back to Purva doubtfully.

"It's okay. You won't be staying at his. Would you like to come with me?"

"B...but...my husband...." she stammered.

"Your husband?" Purva asked in surprise, "He's here? Then why didn't he come in?"

Seemingly thrown into a fresh bout of despair, she burst into tears all over again, confusing both Natchiket and Purva. Purva looked at Natchiket to see if he would have any information as to why she was crying again.

"Well don't look at me," he said gruffly "How would I know what new story she's about to cook up?"

Now Purva was mad. Taking Meera by the hand she tugged at her as she walked, "Come."

So saying, a panic stricken Meera who swallowed her sob at the force of Purva's pull and practically skipped on her feet to keep up with a determined Purva as she pulled her from the room and started a dignified walk down the corridor past the few curiously nosy bystanders without so much as a backward glance. She didn't care if Natchiket was coming behind her, but take her where she wanted to go, he most definitely would. She thought she might as well take her to their hotel and pay for her stay. But wait. She did mention a husband. Where was he right now?

When they got to the foyer of the building, Purva signalled the driver whom Natchiket had called when they were initially about to exit the building. He pulled up in front of them and Purva signalled Meera to get in the back with her.

"But...." she began to protest.

"Will you just get in already?" she snapped.

Meera blinked in shock, and obediently got in the car next to her. She looked very scared and like she was about to burst into tears all over again.

"Where's your husband?" Purva asked, giving her a more sympathetic glance this time.

Obviously relieved that the one person who was in her corner was not mad at her, "Woh...Mountain View hospital mein hai."

"Where did you say?" Purva was definitely surprised to hear that one. Why would he stay at the hospital and leave his wife to come deal with a very angry Natchiket? What self-respecting man did that to his wife? Was it that serious, whatever was wrong with him? Instead she asked, "Is he alright?"

Her eyes turned sorrowful, but before she could reply, a severe looking Natchiket opened the passenger's door and got in without a word. Purva looked at him for a few seconds before instructing the driver to take her to the hospital Meera had mentioned. She saw the tightening of Natchiket's profile but she was definitely relieved when he said nothing and let the driver drive.

The ride was definitely torture. The evening has started so beautifully and now this was the end she was seeing. However a greater good needed to be served here. The hospital in question was not a major one but dealt with cases that were not so severe and mostly referred patients with severe cases to bigger hospitals. Come to think of it, she knew one of the doctors there. She fished out her phone from her ultra slim purse and after scrolling through, dialled a number. She waited patiently for the doctor to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hello Doctor Simran, this is Purva."

"Why good evening Purva, how are you doing today?"

"I'm fine Doctor. How was your day?"

"Well you know the life of a doctor. Hardly any rest. But I'm sure that's not why you called me this late."

Doctor Simran who was known as a no-nonsense doctor was one who went straight to the point, never mincing words. Purva smiled, appreciating her directness. She was not unaware of Natchiket's perked up ears.

"I am on my way to your hospital right now in respect of a patient whom I've just learned is on admission there. Are you still at the hospital?"

"As a matter of fact I am. A few more hours and I will be able to leave. How far out are you?"

"I should be at the hospital in a few minutes," Purva assured her.

"Great. I'll see you when you get here."

"Thank you Doctor."

"No problem."

She disconnected and turned to look at Meera whom to her mild surprise had fallen asleep, holding on to the door handle. She looked really drained. She was a beautiful woman. But it seemed the strain of whatever brought her here had worn her out and dimmed her beauty a little. She looked like she had been tired for a long time.

True to her words however, they did arrive at the hospital about ten minutes later. She gently began to shake Meera awake.

"Meera, wake up," she said gently, "We're here."

The woman opened groggy eyes to look at her, momentarily confused, and then her eyes flew open and she sat up with a start, suddenly taking cognisance of her surroundings.

"Shall we go in?" she asked gently.

Timidly, Meera nodded her head, and exited the car. Purva waited until she had shut the door before turning to Natchiket. "I'm sorry if I'm offending you. But....I feel I just have to help her. Please don't be so mad."

He turned to look at her, seeing the worry in her eyes. Not so much for what she was was doing, but more for whatever he must be feeling right now. She had disregarded his desire- though not out of spite, but all the same- and she needed to know that he understood where she was coming from. This was not an open challenge to his authority. He touched her hand that was resting reassuringly on his shoulder, squeezing it for good measure.

"Do what you have to," he said simply.

She studied him closely to make sure he wasn't just saying that, then with a small smile, she exited to join a nervous Meera who was standing at the entrance to the hospital. They headed in and she asked to see Dr. Simran to which she was directed to the woman's office.

....................................................................................................................................

Meera stretched on the luxurious sheets of the bed that indeed felt like heaven. It had been too long since she had slept in the lap of luxury this way. There was no feeling like it in the world. Well...except waking up next to a love that you were sure would make every day worth waking up. Looking at the intricate designs on the ceiling, she smiled. A full bodied smile. This morning, she had no worries. Not about the leaking roof, or the constant drone of cars passing by as their house was next to the road, no worries about creditors who hadn't paid their bills and expected you to understand....she had no worries.

She thought about her husband who was now in Krishna Memorial Hospital. Two nights ago had been quite a scare as he had had one of his worst seizures yet, right in front of the hospital. She had almost lost it thinking this was it. The one he would not recover from. She had to be sedated to keep her from going into premature labour. All in all, she could not have hoped to meet a better angel than Purva. That woman had done more for her than anyone else in the last few years. And the last few years had been tough., but if only for this morning, she had nothing to worry about.

Yes, Natchiket had seen for himself how dire a situation they were in and she had finally witnessed the thawing of a man she barely recognized from almost 4 years ago. She might have been in a drug-haze but she had heard him assure her that everything would be alright. Purva had asked her to be patient. Purva had basically asked her to take whatever she needed, but to make sure not to stress herself as her blood pressure was unusually high. No surprise there. With the weight of Ranveer's bills and the coming baby on her mind, whose blood pressure wouldn't rise?

Getting up, she went to the window and threw open the blinds. The view that greeted her this morning took her breath away. The city was spread out before her and it felt just for a moment that she could conquer the world, seated up on this magnificent perch. Yes, she had two final obstacles. The first one being the hardest of them all.........

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Jai stared at Natchiket as he related the incidents of last night to him, sitting across from him in his office. His face was that unreadable mask that Natchiket hated, but what could he do? His brother had perfected the art of making a poker face. Not that he cared much, but right this moment it made him down right uncomfortable.

"It's bad Jai. If he doesn't get the operation, that's it. He's not going to make it," Natchiket said.

"Then I hope he gets it," Jai said softly, and turned back to his computer screen.

"Jai....it's time to let go," Natchiket said tiredly, having barely gotten any sleep the night before, "We've all had our share of hurt. But we have got to move past it."

Jai gave him a measured but incredulous look, "I would like to think that's what I have been doing Natchiket. Whatever happens from here on out does not concern me. I'm over it."

Natchiket studied his brother who stared at him unblinkingly. Seeing that Jai was going to give no other answer than that, he said with resignation, "He wants to see you. Just in case he doesn't make it."

"Like hell he will!" Jai growled out, his mask slipping for a second or two. Composing himself, he said softly, "It's enough I am not going after them again. He should count his blessings and stop reaching for the stars."

"Hmmm," Natchiket said to himself, "And here I thought we were past it."

Jai pointedly refused to answer any further and Natchiket took that as his cue to leave. He had tried his best. Last, he took out the hospital card and placed it on Jai's desk, and exited the office without a backward glance. He understood Jai's hurt...even the fact that he was not big on forgiving Ranveer....but for the sake of a child that was not at fault, he hoped Jai would give the child it's father's life back. Enough was enough. Seeing him yesterday had sent Ranveer into a violent episode that had scared even him half to death. He had a brain tumour that caused him to hallucinate and even have epileptic seizures. That was enough to break even the strongest woman, but Meera had stayed. That was testament to what they both shared. It really was time to let go. Of everything.

.........................................................................................................................

"He didn't listen, Purva. I know him," Natchiket was on the phone to her during their lunch break. She had sent him lunch.

"Oh no," she sighed deeply, "What do we do now? He is refusing the operation without seeing Jai."

"I don't think there's anything we can do," Natchiket said.

"Maybe not us," Purva said, sounding pensive.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean he may not listen to either you or me, but he will definitely listen to Bani."

Natchiket paused for while as he mulled over it, "You may be right. But there is a down side to it."

"Which is?"

"We might be forcing something on her that she doesn't have to be a part of. I mean...this is bringing Jai's past in front of her."

"Then if he is as 'over it' as he claims to be, there shouldn't be a problem," Purva rationalized, "My money is on the fact that only Bani can get him to that hospital."

"How do you propose to do that?"

"Leave it to me my darling. I'll sort this one out."

"Gladly. Once was enough."

She paused for a moment, "You still haven't told me what happened to cause such a big mess."

"I'll tell you my love. Just not today."

"Okay then. I'll speak with Bani tomorrow then. I want to give them a chance to relax."

"You're a good woman you know?" Natchiket said after a pause.

"And you're lucky to have me," she said with mock pride.

That had him chuckling lightly, "That I know."

"Speak to you later?"

"Definitely. I'll wait for your call. Take it easy now."

"Will do."

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Later that evening as she prepared to curl up and watch a late night movie, her cell rang. She picked it up and stared at the screen, a smile breaking out on her face.

"Hi Purva," she said cheerily.

"Hello Bani, kaise ho?"

"Bilkul theek hoon. Aur aap?"

"Meh theek hoon," Purva answered, always tickled by the fact that Bani thought born and bred in the US, spoke hindi without an American accent. "Are you busy right now?"

"No not at all. What's up?"

"I was hoping we could get together tomorrow. There's something I want to discuss with you."

"Oh," Bani got pensive, for she suddenly heard the underlying tension in Purva's voice, "Is everything alright?"

"Absolutely," Purva chuckled to herself, "Don't worry, Natchiket is fine, and we are fine. But I wanted to speak with you about something that cannot  be said over the phone."

"Purva you're scaring me now," Bani said, a silent dread creeping up on her.

"No need to be scared. It's actually something I need your help with. I'm a hundred percent sure we can only pull it off if you were involved. No pressure, but it is a question of grave immediacy."

Bani was silent for a few seconds. "Okay then. When and where?"

"How about we go over to my hotel say after work? Is that okay?"

"Sure. I'll call you tomorrow then."

"Sure thing. Thanks a lot Bani. I owe you one."

"Well not until I find out what it is," Bani joked, trying to lighten the mood, "Till tomorrow then?"

"Till tomorrow. Good night."

"Good night."

Bani stared at her phone in her hand for a while. Purva needed her help? She tried to think of all the reasons why she would need her. It couldn't be work related, for she had Natchiket as an adviser and Jai even chipped in once in a while if it was his area of expertise. She assured her it wasn't with Natchiket, so what could it be about? This was sure to spoil her night, as she hated being left hanging like this. Either way, tomorrow wasn't far away anymore. She settled into the couch again, to try and concentrate on the movie, which she knew was going to be a lost cause till she drifted off to sleep.

Just what did Purva need her help with?...........................................................

kuttu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi
Nice to see you back in the forum and that to with two updates. So there is a big past that is soon going to catch up with them. How are all the men connected with Meera. Looks like Bani is in for some tussle with Jai and Nachiketh why is he so apprehensive. Waiting for the next installment to get a clear picture.

Anjinie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey Ezther, update soon, and wat is da package jai received.
Proud-BrownGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Please update Second Chance if you have the time, thanks.Flowers 17

Anjinie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Ezther just read u'r update. So wat has Meera & Ranveer got 2 do with Jai's past. Pls update soon can not wait any longer 2 no the secert
btkr thumbnail
So did Meera dump Jai for Ranveer?  You are not going to leave us hanging for another six months now wondering are you? 😭

Great update , as usual.  Me likes how Purva could convince Nach and she is betting Bani can convince Jai!  Talk about girl power...
Rockyy_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Ezzie, awesome chapter. Love all the intrigue, but don't like the cliff hangers😭.

Can't wait for the next update.

Happy writing and take care.🤗
kitkat_2002 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
plz plz plz next update soon... amazing storylyn but the suspense is driving me crazing... ab bata bi do what  happened... 

brillant wrk :)