I am always yours- Maneet ff-Note pg 10 (7/5)

Posted: 13 years ago
Hi guys,

Some of you may know me from my ffs on AR like forbidden love or taken over by love. In fact this ff, I am always yours, was originally based on AR. However, due to what has happened in DMG with AR, I could not bear to continue writing about them anymore. It hurt too much😭..I had actually given up on ffs since I had lost my inspiration. Then a very loyal reader of mine 'Sweet_Ashum' convinced me to convert the I am always yours ff into a Maneet ff and continue with it as she and I are both crazy about them (thanx hon🤗)..and since I have been thinkins about writing a ff on Maneet and had not yet found a good storyline, I thought this story would really suit the intensity of Maan and the innocence of Geet. So here I am, writing a story about how Maan would always be Geet's😳.

Just a little note about the characters of the ff, since there are not a lot of nice ppl in Geet😆, I had to turn Dev and Naintara to nice human beings in this story. Sasha will of course remain evil.

I hope you will love this story about Maneet as you have loved my AR ffs. And to anyone wondering about updates on my AR ffs, sorry guys, DMG is a closed chapter for me now. I don't even watch old videos of AR anymore..And I think my ffs were at a good final point, so just think of those as THE END.

And to those who have no t yet read my stories before, I hope you'll give my ff a chance and see if it strikes a cord within you😊. So here goes.

part 1- pg 1
part 2- pg 2
part 3- pg 6

Part 1

It couldn't be her!

Maan told his breath to calm down while he stared in disbelief at the figure standing some 100 feet away from him. She was staring off into the ocean while the waves tickled her legs. The darkness of the night must be playing tricks on him. But he knew that height, those curves and those luxrious waves of long tresses could belong to only one person. A person who had haunted his dreams for the past 2 years. He glanced around at the people, his friends, who were sitting around the bonfire, all ready for a night full of fun and masti at the beach. There were no one else except his friends at the beach. The hotel they were staying at had just opened and didn't have any guests except for their group. At least that's what he'd been led to believe. If that was the case, then what was SHE doing here?

"Hey, who's that?" he asked the gang trying to unravel the mystery.  The gang consisted of him, Dev, Gurwinder, Naintara and Rajji and Sasha. They had all
gotten to know each other about a year ago at a French language training workshop. They were a mix of odd personalities, but complimented each other very well. Pinky, who was Naintara's cousin from Canada, in India for a month's vacation, had tagged along for the trip to Goa. He had only just been introduced to her as he had just arrived with Sasha. At his question, everyone looked at the direction that he was pointing out. The surprise that he'd experienced wasn't showing on their faces, which meant that they knew her. Maan's heart skipped a beat waiting for answer. Could it be HER?

Pinky answered. "Oh, that's my friend from Canada, Geet. We're both in India for vacation. I guess you didn't meet her since you just came"

Maan could feel his heart drop to his stomach. IT WAS HER! God, how long!how long had he been wanting to see her again! Ever since she'd left him, all he'd wanted to do was to run after her and ask her why she'd left him like that. Ask her how could she tell him that she didn't love him. But she'd never given
him the chance. Geet had simply disappeared from his life, never to be heard of again. That was, until now. And all the old feelings, feelings that he had closested deep inside his heart swam to the surface again. The disbelief, the anger, the hurt and the pain, but most of all, the LOVE were engulfing him and chocking him.

"Then what is she doing there instead of here?" Sasha asked, feeling slight pangs of dislike for the woman. She had not liked the way that Maan had stared at the faraway figure in white. She moved closer to him and put her hand on his arm. Maan and Sasha weren't a couple yet, but she knew it was only sometime. He knew she liked him and he hadn't discouraged her from getting closer to him in a more than friendly way.

"Oh, she just wanted to play in the water. Geet is like that. She likes nature more than people." Pinky babbled on enthusiastically.

Maan could feel a moment of nostalgia. Yes, Geet was like that. She noticed clouds in the sky or the flowers in the garden more than the people around her. It had been a quality Maan, being the hardcore businessman, had admired. He forced himself back to the present. He could see that his interest in her had aroused the curiosity of his friends. And he didn't want for them to suspect anything. They all knew that he had been hurt in the past. But they had no idea about who the girl was or what had really happened. Maan changed the subject and everything returned to normal. They sat around the fire and talked and laughed about their lives, the politics, the weather and just about everything under the sun. They were always like that. That's why Maan liked this particular group of friends. They were mature enough but also knew how to have fun. They could laugh at themselves and make jokes and nobody would take offense. And he knew that Sasha was interested in him as more than a friend. She was a nice enough girl and he had no particular dislike of her. Which was why he hadn't brushed off her attempts at getting closer to him, as he had done with countless other girls after Geet had left him. Maybe he had given up on finding Geet again. But look at the hand of destiny. Just when he was thinking about moving on, destiny brings her into his life again.

Maan waited until the group was suitably distracted before he made his move. Geet still hadn't returned from her tryst with the waves and Maan itched to run to her. But at the same time, he didn't want her disappearing again. He needed to make his way slowly. The gang had started anatakshari and Maan excused himself under the pretext of going to the washroom. He went towards the hotel and took a detour to where Geet stood. With every step he took, his heartbeat increased uncontrollably. He could feel his breathing becoming erratic and he prayed for strength to hold strong when he faced her. Geet stood, her hands spread out as if bathing in the moonlight, her face serene with a slight smile playing on her lips.

"Geet," he whispered huskily standing to her side, almost afraid to break the trance that she was in. Maan could see the smile freeze on her face at the
sound of his voice.

She heard that voice as if from afar. MAAN??? It couldn't be!!! She could feel disbelief wash all over her. No, It wasn't possible. Geet couldn't believe that he could be HERE, of all the places. But she couldn't mistake the deep timber of that husky voice. God please, make this a dream! she prayed while she willed herself to face him again. Geet, be strong. You can do it, her mind told her. But her heart told another story. All it wanted to do was run and hide from his deep brown eyes, which she knew would gaze at her intensely, melting all her resistance. It had always been like that. He would look at her and she would melt, which was why she'd never told him goodbye. She had simply disappeared from his life, leaving only a letter.

"Geet," he whispered again, patiently waiting for her to turn to him. She was even more beautiful than he could remember. The past two years had been good to her, moonlight emphasizing her feminine curves and giving a sparkle to her eyes. This was a moment that he had waited for since the moment she had left him. If he could, he would freeze time and capture the moment in his heart. Maan could see her slowly closing her eyes and opening them again. Good! that meant she was affected by this as much as he was. She slowly turned to face him and Maan's breathing intensified again.

"Maan," she uttered expressionlessly. Her eyes belying the void of emotion in her voice. Oh yes. She was affected at this chance meeting as much as he was. But the lack of emotion in her voice angered him. How dare she say his name as if he had never meant anything to her!

"Where have you been?" Tryng to get one up on her, Maan too asked nonchalantly as if he wasn't really angry at her. As if he was talking to a stranger when all he wanted to do was put her over his shoulder and carry her away with him forever. Or shake her and kiss her senseless until she begged for mercy.

Geet knew the wealth of emotion hiding in his words. She had always been able to guess exactly what he was thinking. And she had been the person that he had shared all his thoughts and dreams with. Geet had been his lover as well as his best friend. She knew that he was hanging on to his control only by a thread. But she also knew that if she gave in now, all that she had worked for in the past two years would be in vain. She had left him for his own good. For his future. And if she give into those breathtaking eyes now, she'd only ruin his life. Geet decided at that moment to act indifferent to him. He would grab the opportunity if she appeared weak even for a moment.

"Oh, just here and there you know," she answered acting for all purposes and intents as if he'd asked how the weather was. Maan started angrily at her
response. He directed his lethal gaze on her. Maan's eyes poured into her soul, locking her in an embrace that she couldn't struggle out of.

"Hey Maan, there you are. I thought you went to the washroom." a chirpy female voice shook them out of their reverie. Geet broke away from his eyes to take in a girl of about her age angling close to Maan. She put her hand on his arm as if SHE had a claim on him and Geet had a violent urge to scratch the girl's eyes out.

"Oh, hi Sasha. Yea I did go to the washroom but I saw Geet when I was coming back. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the group." Maan said looking at Sasha with a smile. Geet looked up at Maan in surprise. Which group was he talking about? And why did he act like as if she was a stranger?

"Oh that's nice of you. I was just thinking that too since we were all sitting there and Geet was out here alone." Sasha said with a nod at the gang sitting
faraway around the fire.

It couldn't be!! Please God, please tell me that Maan and Sasha weren't part of the group that she would be spending the week with!!!!Geet prayed. It simply wasn't possible. How could God be so cruel with her? She had just known it was a mistake to come to India with Pinky. But when Pinky had invited her, she simply couldn't have said no. Pinky was getting married to Adi in a month or so. An arranged marriage. She had wanted a last
chance at freedom and Geet hadn't the heart to refuse her. Pinky had been her salvation during her dark times and Geet considered Pinky her best friend. But never again would she let Pinky's puppy dog eyes lead her astray.

"Hi Geet. We saw you before and I wanted until you came back to the bonfire to say hi. But I guess you really couldn't tear youself away from the salt
water," Sasha said jokingly but Geet could feel undercurrents of sarcasm behind her words as if belittling Geet for playing with the waves. So, Sasha didn't like her. But what had she done to her? Geet didn't even know Sasha had existed before this moment. However, she didn't want to make a huge deal out of it. Therefore, she decided to act indifferent.

"Hi Sasha. It's very nice to meet you. But I guess we should go back now. Pinky must be waiting for me," Geet made her escape before either of them had a chance to complain. Geet really did not want to be in their company, especially when Sasha was all over Maan. Why wasn't he even taking her hand off him!!!!!!??? she thought angrily as she stalked away from there.

Maan stared after Geet as she walked away. He didn't try to pursue her. He had a week to find out exactly what had happened two years ago and plan his strategy to get her back. Because he knew. There was no chance in hell that he'd lose her again!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so, that was part 1. I'll convert the other parts soon too (2 more) and upload them. I have been working on a new chapter as well..So, lemme know how you guys liked it😳...
Edited by hira5431 - 13 years ago
R-O-C-K-I-N-G!!! 😃 Update soon dear!
wow...that's awesome...
pls..upload...the next part soon....will love to read..how...Geet and Maan fell in and away from love..
that was sooo good! look forward to the next part!
WOW. great part please update soon. i love reading about maan and geet. great storyline. update soon and do add me to your pm list if you have one. thanks!
amzing...cant wait to read chapter 2! can you please add me to your pm list?
Awesome part
loved it
plz update soon
n thnx 4 pm dear
hey Hira
i am so glad u r finally back
i too am in love with Maneet
awesome
plz do start uploading a new part soon

love
pooja
Originally posted by kweetrockstar

hey Hira
i am so glad u r finally back
i too am in love with Maneet
awesome
plz do start uploading a new part soon

love
pooja

hey hon🤗..good to see you too!!!!!!😳 and I am head over heels in love with Maan n Maneet..I never thought that I could like someone so much after AR. But Maneet is totally getting there😛..N I'm just gonna post the next part..