Debate Mansion

Leaving your wife because she can't conceive (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 8

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 8
Page 6 Page 8

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by P1nk

Some guy told me If I marry him and find out I cant pop any babies he will marry again and expect me to live with her under the same roof [honestly], I told him I hope his sack gets burned so no one will ever marry him.
Sometimes it is the guy at fault.
anyway what is the big deal, just adopt a kid;
There are so many homeless and need help.

Yes, but not everyone wants to adopt.
Some long for a child of their own.

I think adopting is a pretty big deal...you cant just go to a adoption center and be like "i want that one!" and then take the kid home right away. Its a long process involving many emotions.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Leaving your wife because she can't conceive (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

Originally posted by -JONAKI-

Originally posted by qwertyesque

but now there is IVF and otherways of conceviving artificially and also surrogation...so I am not sure why this topic would be relevant today...

Exactly.

Sometimes a woman can not conceive inspite of all kinds of treatments.There are several examples.

Yes, but there are a lot of options available to consider before considering divorce. The man cannot give up on his marriage without even trying to go for these treatments.

Okk so they try and then they fail. What then?
Next, they try and they learn that the process will cost them a good amount of money. The normal member doesn't want to spend all that money when s/he is perfectly capable of doing it the good old way. What then?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

souro

souro

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 4:00pm | IP Logged

Some guy told me If I marry him and find out I cant pop any babies he will marry again and expect me to live with her under the same roof [honestly], I told him I hope his sack gets burned so no one will ever marry him.

I think adopting is a pretty big deal...you cant just go to a adoption center and be like "i want that one!" and then take the kid home right away. Its a long process involving many emotions.

Sometimes I feel that the Western society makes a pretty big deal out of everything, even things that were perfectly simple or normal till yesterday. I get a feeling that they love to portray things as big deal so that some psychiatrist or lawyer can make money using that opportunity. Look at the Indian society and you'll see that earlier adoption was no big deal. Many child used to be raised by someone else even if their biological parents were present and were in touch.
Nowadays it has become a long process because the laws have become more complicated. Involving many emotions, well can there be some extra emotions involved than what one might experience when their own child is born?

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 5:13pm | IP Logged

why you talk with so much ill will.. i have that dream of marrying and having a dozen kids crawling all around (never say never again is my prenup agreement). If women think compatibility is grounds for divorce this can be factored into compatibility... or maybe  livein untill there are about 4-5 kids then get married... that way divorce isnt necessary......

Edited by qwertyesque - 29 June 2010 at 5:17pm

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by -JONAKI-

Originally posted by qwertyesque

but now there is IVF and otherways of conceviving artificially and also surrogation...so I am not sure why this topic would be relevant today...

Exactly.

Sometimes a woman can not conceive inspite of all kinds of treatments.There are several examples.

Yes, but there are a lot of options available to consider before considering divorce. The man cannot give up on his marriage without even trying to go for these treatments.

Okk so they try and then they fail. What then?
Next, they try and they learn that the process will cost them a good amount of money. The normal member doesn't want to spend all that money when s/he is perfectly capable of doing it the good old way. What then?

All i said was that all options need to be considered first before thinking of divorce.

It all depends on the couple, and if its right for them, adoption is also an option.

if nothing works and and they wanna split, they can do so.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 5:36pm | IP Logged

Sometimes I feel that the Western society makes a pretty big deal out of everything, even things that were perfectly simple or normal till yesterday. I get a feeling that they love to portray things as big deal so that some psychiatrist or lawyer can make money using that opportunity. Look at the Indian society and you'll see that earlier adoption was no big deal. Many child used to be raised by someone else even if their biological parents were present and were in touch.
Nowadays it has become a long process because the laws have become more complicated. Involving many emotions, well can there be some extra emotions involved than what one might experience when their own child is born?

What if the husband wants to adopt and the wife doesnt (and vice versa)?
That will raise conflicting emotions. What if both want their own child (but cant) and their family is forcing them to adopt?

Adoption may just not be for everyone! i dont see how it's supposed to be easy...not everyone wants to adopt. And if they do under pressure, the child may not get all the love and dedication that he/she deserves.

Also, what if the couple finally has a kid a few years after adopting? Will they start to shower their baby with more love because its theirs?

There are many aspects to consider...and yes i do know that there are people out there who are capable of loving an adopted child as their own.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 5:40pm | IP Logged

What if the husband wants to adopt and the wife doesnt (and vice versa)?
That will raise conflicting emotions. What if both want their own child (but cant) and their family is forcing them to adopt?

Adoption may just not be for everyone! i dont see how it's supposed to be easy...not everyone wants to adopt. And if they do under pressure, the child may not get all the love and dedication that he/she deserves.

Also, what if the couple finally has a kid a few years after adopting? Will they start to shower their baby with more love because its theirs?

There are many aspects to consider...and yes i do know that there are people out there who are capable of loving an adopted child as their own.

its like this i know what I like to eat..-  home cooked delicious spicy biryani... you telling me to try Ashoka ready to heat and then telling me address of restaurants..to go........

these are not surprises people have made up their mind... no adoption no foster kids....- just the real mccoy......

The_Other_Woman

IF-Sizzlerz

The_Other_Woman

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 8:23pm | IP Logged

The men who claim to love thir wife but leave them only because they can't conceive are very cheap.They don't know the true meaning of love.They leave their partners when they need them the most.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.baz786

Post Reply New Post

Go to top