Debate Mansion

Leaving your wife because she can't conceive (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

maisoon

Goldie

maisoon

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 10:58am | IP Logged
this is related to the morals of a person
and probably there are no laws stating you cant marry or divorce ur wife or husband on grounds of infertility....ie you can
such type of mentality can only be eliminated by education

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Leaving your wife because she can't conceive (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

souro

souro

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
As far as I know, infertility is a valid ground for divorce in the court of law.

Whether someone wants to use that law to get a divorce or not is personal choice. But one thing is for certain, if someone wants divorce on that ground, then legally there is nothing wrong with it.

souro

souro

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 2:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I don't think it is right for a man to leave a woman who cannot conceive. Nor is it right for a woman to leave a man who is shooting blanks.

How about shifting the debate to something more appropriate for todays times.

If a couple cannot conceive - what is the better alternative
1) Adoption
2) Spend money on fertility treatment

If the issue is with the man - what is the better alternative
1) Adoption
2) Sperm donor

If the latter. Should it be
a) anonymous donor
b) Involved donor

If the woman cannot carry pregnancy to term
1) Adopt
2) Find a surrogate

This is trickier as obviously a surrogate cannot be anonymous. What is the role of the surrogate? There is also the matter of defining motherhood. What is motherhood, conception, carrying to term or raising a child?

You are clearly biasing the response. When you're giving options to a respondent you have to give all the available options and in this case, one of the option happens to be marriage to another person who is fertile. Since, it's a very much valid alternative, so you can't just omit it because you don't want respondents to choose that option.

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by -Sneha

Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by P1nk

Some guy told me If I marry him and find out I cant pop any babies he will marry again and expect me to live with her under the same roof [honestly], I told him I hope his sack gets burned so no one will ever marry him.

Sometimes it is the guy at fault. --- What about Religion!!!? And WHAT about religion?

anyway what is the big deal, just adopt a kid;
There are so many homeless and need help.

Religion is secondary .
A good person is good no matter what religion.

It also depends at what age the child is adopted.
 if very young she should follow the religion of the parents adopting her.

My "what about religion?" in red was sarcastic... Just by the way! LOL

Who cares about religion? Of course, many couples would prefer a kid coming from their community perhaps, so that later on in life, both parties could avoid bizarre and embarrassing questions or situation from outsiders. Personally, to me, it would have made an iota of difference. Doesn't your child learn religion from you only? If tomorrow I grow him acting as if I am a Muslim or Christian rather than a Hindu, he'll only be following my steps. What's religion for him except a culture he's being imbibed by his parent(s)?

When we ask such questions, it's like today religion, tomorrow skin color, and day after God knows what... Can't we just transcend those barriers of caste,creed and color and push our limits for once? That Muslim child you opted against could have had better innate humanitarian qualities than the Hindu one you opted for.

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

As far as I know, infertility is a valid ground for divorce in the court of law.

Yes it is. So is being sexually unsatisfied I think. I may be mistaken, but I had read about such cases earlier on. Maybe not in all countries though.

The question is, does it need consent from both sides? I wonder how that works...

souro

souro

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sneha

Originally posted by souro

Yes it is. So is being sexually unsatisfied I think. I may be mistaken, but I had read about such cases earlier on. Maybe not in all countries though.

The question is, does it need consent from both sides? I wonder how that works...

As far as I know, it just needs to be proved that your spouse is infertile or is incapable to have intercourse, whatever the case maybe.

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Leaving ur wife the one u love coz she cnt concieve

utter nonsense

mindsets like that piss me off

there are countless other measures as sarina has pointed out in her post

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 29 June 2010 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -JONAKI-

Originally posted by Jess.

Originally posted by qwertyesque

but now there is IVF and otherways of conceviving artificially and also surrogation...so I am not sure why this topic would be relevant today...

Exactly.

Sometimes a woman can not conceive inspite of all kinds of treatments.There are several examples.

Yes, but there are a lot of options available to consider before considering divorce. The man cannot give up on his marriage without even trying to go for these treatments.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top