Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Abotion- ur take (Page 2)

sameer.84 IF-Sizzlerz
sameer.84
sameer.84

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
abortion is a modern term for 'baby-killing'.

worse than infanticide as they kill their children even before they have a look at them.

the child is not responsible if you committed mistakes like pre/extra marital sex.
syrene Goldie
syrene
syrene

Posted: 07 December 2005 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
please....abortion is not always the result of a'sinful' relationship! premarital and extramarital sex are not the only ways by which a woman gets pregnant, and why she has to have an abortion. suppose she has some disease which bcos of which the child is also sure to be born ill. would u knowingly want a child with congenital defects to be born and have to have a struggle everyday of his/her life?
Signora2 Goldie
Signora2
Signora2

Posted: 08 December 2005 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
I agree with what u had to say Vishesh.Going for Abortion, the reason may be different for different people, supposing a young girl gets pregnant, it will be difficult to keep the baby, just think even if she agrees to have the child it will be at the cost of being ostracised by society. parents too will have to live with the shame so in these cases maybe abortion is the best.
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 09 December 2005 at 11:23am | IP Logged
All of you have made excellent points !!Vishesh , Signora , Winnie the pooh !!

As i gave my take on this subject before , and will give again as this topic remains heated and active !! LOL

Winnie the pooh - An adoptive parent has as much chance of being a pervert as biological parents as per case studies !!

Sam 84 - Like Winnie the pooh said abortion is not always done by unmarried people . Its most often done by married women as well !! Reasons are many - lets see

1)Congenital disease discovered - Can you imagine how painfull it is to carry a child to full term and then see the child suffer and die soon after birth .

2)Too many children already or relationship issues like upcoming divorce - Although i agree that it would be nice if that child was put up for adoption instead . But look at India where there are ample children desperately waiting for a home living in a orphanage . Your expecting to give birth and put up for adoption is only going to add to that burden and give one less opportunity to that kid already living in a orphanage !!

Finally i beleive to me the most important reason is the right of a woman over her own body . Whether the child was conceived through pre - marital sex or rape or after marriage . Its a womans choice to decide whether she wants to be a host to another body for 9 months or not . No legal or moral / ethical judgements should be passed towards her . If you say the embryo is a entity and should have rights like the woman then this embryo should be given rights as long as it doesnot infringe any one else's right ( the mother ). But no this embryo is a potential human .....not human yet .So can it have equal rights as the woman ? There i leave it for you to decide .
sharanb IF-Dazzler
sharanb
sharanb

Posted: 09 December 2005 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
abortion is murder!!!!!!!!!!!!

te fetis is a living breathing(kinda) thing
and if u can get charged for man sluater if u shoot a guy

then why not if u kill ur own kid

if u dont want ur baby
there are lots of ppl who do!!!!!

wow this came out kinda strong but w/e
this is my opinoin
c ya guys Tongue
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 10 December 2005 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vishesh

if there are too many arguments abt..that it is breathing..etc.. then Chicken too breathe (that's not point here..that's topic of Veg-Nonveg)..

comparison of abortion to Murder is not Valid (for me)
1.when law kills someone.. it is not murder..
2.when soldiers kill other soldiers ..it is not murder..
3.when someone kill someone else in self-defense it is not murder..
Wow excellent points Vishesh !!Clap
killing a man..is not killing abt a man only..we make many ppl sad, who were related to that man..
but.. Abortion of Fetus.. doesn't make sad..many ppl..
only Mother-Father knows abt it.. maybe only mother.

Abortion of any woman... Doesn't affect other ppl's lives.. it affects only her life.. (and some time the Father's too.. but i hope that.. woman will take her partner's advice abt it)..
so it affects only "one woman life".. so if it affects only her life.. why don't allow her to take decision abt her life..
( and ..i am mentioning the Fact.. that..the to-be-child is not yet Citizen, and has no-name, no-identity, no Record, no Registration, and no-one ever seen his face..) Basically is a potential person at that stage !!

or..even if it is killing.. it is of very little importance..
(and as above-mentioned killings are allowed..then pls allow this killing too)...
and this unexpected Pregnancy.. is Going to Kill most of the happiness From that Woman's life..

so shall we call it "self-defense" ? Lets say she has right( as in mother) over her own body .She can choose who inhabits it and WHEN !!!!
(just an idea , open for correction..)
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 11 December 2005 at 6:55pm | IP Logged
Chinni Angel abortion is never O.K or good !!! Its always always very very sad . But there are many many occasions it needs to be done for the good of many people - especially the child bearer/ would be mother !!! Unhappy Unhappy

Whether its for the woman's health issue or she may be in deep trouble socially or what ever the reasons are . I am old enough to have all my friends and relatives as parents now .........some had to go for abortion due to personal reasons . I never came across any one woman personally who enjoyed or felt it was cool to abort . It leads a lot of emotional and physical scarring . But there are reasons more crucial than anything that she has to go for abortion . Unhappy
A.S.P.I.R.E IF-Rockerz
A.S.P.I.R.E
A.S.P.I.R.E

Posted: 11 December 2005 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
well well .. lemme see how much my school has taught me ..

this is a very touchy topic indeed ... i won't have a stand on this issue ...
there is two sides to this issue as well ...

I think it depends on a situation and circumstances whether or not a woman should get aborted ...

There are so many ethical issues connected to this .. coz some people may argue, it's not a child when it's only a few weeks old in the stomach .. while on the other hand every growing thing has life ...

I think a woman should be allowed to get aborted in case of a sexual assault ... and cases of that order ... In addition any medical conditions that require them to do so is perfectly acceptable ...

but if a woman is careless and just gets pregnant coz she was not careful, is no excuse ... i know this can lead to a lotta other problems ... but taking a life for something you have done it knowingly is not acceptable ...

Go to top