New Entry. CAST!!!!

patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Potential Spoilers.
New Arrival. Mason Lockwood.

We never learned exactly what the evil Mayor Lockwood (Robert Pralgo) was (vampire? werewolf? smoke monster?) before he lost his life in a burning basement in The Vampire Diaries season finale. But we may find out thanks to a mysterious new arrival headed to Mystic Falls.

"Our big new addition is Mason Lockwood, the mayor's much younger and cooler brother, who has been estranged from the family," says executive producer Julie Plec. "His return introduces a lot of questions about what is so special about that creepy Lockwood family." My guess: they were unicorns with wooden vampire-killing horns.

TV Guide

How do you think this will effect the town?? Do you think he's going to be the main villian for Tyler? Does this warewolf thing run in their blood?? Discuss Here!!

Cast!Ex-Trauma EMT Taylor Kinney is joining the cast of Vampire Diaries in the recurring role of Mason Lockwood, younger brother of late Mayor Lockwood, sources confirm.
Described as Tyler's (Michael Trevino) "cool" uncle, Mason is sexy and athletic (duh) and possesses an easygoing charm. Though he has more control than his nephew, he can "flip in an instant" if crossed.

Kinney will make his first appearance in Diaries' second-season premiere on Sept. 9.
Ausiello
Edited by Jaan730 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-dhruvi thumbnail
I was trying to stay waywards of spoilers but I couldn't help it. This will be interesting! Thanks love!
patakhaguddi thumbnail
No Problem. I love the name Mason...I hope he's younger..that will be interesting.
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
lolllll @ smoke monster!!!!!! (total Lost thing!!!)

ok back to the topic....ooo mayor lockwood has a younger bro....maybe he'll bond more with Tyler rather than b a villian.....and maybe he knows more about the werewolf thing....i reckon it'll b a good thing cuz then tyler will have someone to talk to
patakhaguddi thumbnail
Hmmm. Hopefully Rachu, that would be nice..I also heard rumblings of Tyler and Jeremy becoming closer, b/c Matt's gonna be staying in the dark so Tyler was gonna be talking to Jeremyyy
-dhruvi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rachu_1987

lolllll @ smoke monster!!!!!! (total Lost thing!!!)

LOSTIE&LOCKE thing<3
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
yea i know it would be good to see JT but then I reckon because we've been waiting to see JT....they want us to wait more and by introducing Mason, they prob want us to wait more..
-Nayab- thumbnail
Oooh... Great topic Jaan... I'm glad you opened this... Will definitely discuss 😆... But for now...

Another article:

Vampire Diaries Season 2 ' Villain 'Mason Lockwood'

Television | Aric Mitchell | June 29, 2010 at 6:03 pm

After the cliffhanger events of season one's finale, "Founder's Day" (see our review )the CW horror hit The Vampire Diaries announces a couple of new developments for season two. The first is that new villain Mason Lockwood will be arriving in time to make Mystic Falls pay for the death of Mayor Lockwood (Robert Pralgo) in the closing moments of the first season. Not much is known about the character beyond that, just that he's "much younger and cooler," according to Julie Plec, executive producer of the series. Plec also promises that he will raise more questions about the Lockwood family's importance to the town.

What's your theory('s) on Mason Lockwood? I'd love to know... D'you think he'll affect Tyler in any way?

@highlighted... Uh-Oh... More trouble for the vamps 😆...
Edited by -Nayab- - 13 years ago
Raee_Salvatore thumbnail
Yeah i like this post.😆 ..i read on LJ that Tyler will be shown more dark and mean in the coming season, so mayb Mason have a key role to play in it, besides there's suppose to be a love interest developing for tyler!!!
*Adorable_Anu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
sounds interesting. im kinda glad their showing more of the whole warewolf thing next season. was really waiting for that. :P