CID

Depressing Trend - Need For Rules (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 16

bhinder.thind

IF-Dazzler

bhinder.thind

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
I am totally agree to Prabha and @Priya sorry yar No Note here ..i could not find any Note so far..well talk about the topic We should accept that some guys are here in hurry to be "Goldie" i have always noticed more than 10 posts in a thread by one person but could not find any of those relevant to thread or productive one...Some are seeking attention and some are up for fun...Well must say that we all are up for fun but now the thing makes differ is what sort of fun? Most of us like to discuss about CID as it has become part of our lives and enjoying fun out of it..Some are busy in ruining the party with their opposite opinions..everyone has a right to say their mind till it is not a personal attack or a harsh reply..but it is happening..you could have oppose opinion on 3 things 5 but everytime does not look something fishy? As we all watch CID should have atleast something similar na? but with some members i failed to find anything similar since a period of 2 months i reckon....what should we conclude by this?? Moreover, Some are busy in opening new threads lets forget about Hottest CID female officer, Most handsome CID officer etc etc more than 20 are waiting to be in list, they are opening particular episode seeking threads when it has been cleared to everyone that there are some threads where you can do that but i have seen 2-3 members are still doing after i have personally requested them this thing..Well it happened before this thread was opened and happening now So i think Prabha dii and some other respected members all efforts are in vain...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Depressing Trend - Need For Rules (Page 9)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:15pm | IP Logged
I agree with what prabha di said in pg 8,its not fair to say that some of us have been harsh to the new members,we have tried our best to tell them what is expected and also not to open such threads 4-5 times but still if they continue doing so then what can 'WE' do ??,I remember opening a thread on where to ask episode request,names etc. just 1 week back and on the second day of opening the thread it was on page 2 or 3 and polls like "Who should be the next ACP? " or "Taarika's marriage" etc were on page one,leave my thread even important threads like the "reruns " thread and episode discussion etc.were on page 2,c'mon we cannot sit with the net on the whole day and try and keep posting something just to bring those threads on page 1 right ??
I believe that when someone joins in he/she should atleast go through some threads before making new ones to understand which type of discussion takes place here,I remember doing that when I was new here.Even if we tell those people not to open such threads we've also seen some members who keep posting something or the other so as to bring such pages again on top,so what we in general are basically asking is that there should be something done that clearly tells that what is this forum about and what do we do here.

bhinder.thind

IF-Dazzler

bhinder.thind

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
@Bhavana look yar as moderator talks about the rules we can't stop anyone from making threads..it does not matter how much you personally feel hurt by that..you have to be professional to keep your own value and belief on side to read anything against your own thinking....that;s what forum rules!! So i don't think anything can anyone do with this stuff...if those new members co operate with us then this problem can be solved..otherwise no way to do this until they use harsh or abusive language or personal attacks..if they do so collect the URL send to moderator by saying that I Want Result...that's what we can do..

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:44pm | IP Logged
New member greeted with harsh words its wrong but they should also understand they are not hurting anyone opening any new irrelevant thread.  Here comes into play that rules. No point ignoring these threads. by ignoring intensity of these threads increases

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
@sunny exactly that's what even i mean,by ignoring these threads nothing will change balki the no. of such threads increases,kal se hum log iske baare mein baat kar rahe hai and see aaj kisi ne ek aur thread open kiya about some episode video request or something,I'v tried to warn that person through pm but lets see what happens but this is a situation that needs to be handled soon

Shagnika

IF-Rockerz

Shagnika

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Really sad to see that we are being told that we are harsh to newbies!!! May b at times someone might lose patience n all, but that never happens at th first go! Only if the member acts stubborn n keeps annoying some members personally, does some of us react harshly! But thats in the rarest of occassions! Still if the mod really feel that we r harsh, then fine we will just keep quiet! Stay away from advicing newcomers if that means being harsh!!

zerry123

Goldie

zerry123

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Okay, sorry I'm joining in so late. Wasnt well yesterday so couldnt come online.

Anyways, getting back to the topic. I agree this is a very valid topic as all of us really are frustrated with all the unecessary topics being created.

But, at the end of the day we cant forget that these are open forums. I have been using a number of forums for years now. I dont mean IF, but lots of other international forums as well. So, luckily although I joined IF recently, I know the basic conduct and mannerisms of participating in forums. But, world over this very same concept of open forums is being used and this is the most common problem everyone faces. Repititive threads, annoying posts, etc. But, a solution is yet to be found.  We just cant stop new members from joining in and opening topics. And unless the new member is directly abusing the theme of the forums, or insulting someone directly, it cannot be termed as offensive. And there is no valid reason to take action against them.

However, after seeing this topic, I just checked out the forums of other, "Oh so high" TRP shows. Check this:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1115041

This forum has a strict set of rules and regulations, which I really liked. And when you check the topics in this forums, they are quite organized and there is not much repitition of topics.

On the other hand, check this:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=382

This forum, just like our CID forum, doesnt have any rules and regulations thread. And we can clearly see from the topics, how disorganized it is. There are umpteen number of threads made on the same topic.

So, I think the least we can do to control unecessary threads and nonsensical posts is have a rules and regulations thread.

And, I think when a new member signs-up, they should get a prompt taking them to the rules and regulations thread.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wanderer

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

Hey guys/girls....

We all know that there are some people starting irrelevant threads and stuff. We agree that newcomers have to respect seniors here. We'll decide on a 'code of conduct' and make sure that any newcomer reads it first before getting into mainstream discussion.

This thread is getting too 'heated' and we are missing out on discussions about our favourite show.

Can we give this a break ?

Edited by visrom - 28 June 2010 at 11:09pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top