CID

Depressing Trend - Need For Rules (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 16

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jeet23

r u all talking against me??
that u'l complain???

Jeet...I'll tell you what.

First of all think for a minute before posting. Whether this is the right thread to post a particular message, and whether we are allowed to post etc. I have observed that you don't pay attention. I told you this several times on the story thread - not to post replies. Inspite of my 3 PMs you still did it and I had to get the mod to delete the messages.

Coming to this thread, your first message was absolutely irrelevant. Please read the subject of the thread first. Then read what the others have so far discussed and then decide if you have anything to add. You cannot come to the last page of any random thread and say that you don't understand what everyone is discussing.

Coming to this message...please don't take it as a personal attack, but a constructive suggestion by a senior member. I hope you'll stick to the conventions(not rules as there are no formal rules as yet).

Edited by visrom - 28 June 2010 at 11:08am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Depressing Trend - Need For Rules (Page 8)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jeet.

Goldie

jeet.

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Originally posted by jeet23

r u all talking against me??
that u'l complain???

Jeet...I'll tell you what.

First of all think for a minute before posting. Whether this is the right thread to post a particular message, and whether we are allowed to post etc. I have observed that you don't pay attention. I told you this several times on the story thread - not to post replies. Inspite of my 3 PMs you still did it and I had to get the mod to delete the messages.

Coming to this thread, your first message was absolutely irrelevant. Please read the subject of the thread first. Then read what the others have so far discussed and then decide if you have anything to add. You cannot come to the last page of any random thread and say that you don't understand what everyone is discussing.

Coming to this message...please don't take it as a personal attack, but a constructive suggestion by a senior member. I hope you'll stick to the conventions(not rules as there are no formal rules as yet).

yep..i will try my best//....n i dint posted d 3rd time on d story thread....aftr u PMd me 3rd time...so sorry again...n i''l take it as a measure to go ahead on IF...! Cry Cry

Shagnika

IF-Rockerz

Shagnika

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Ohhk! Went thru the entire thread again....had missed a lot when i was absent!

@jeet plss dont b sad! Its just that some elder members r advicing u! Nibody is angry wid u... But u need to understand that postinh irrevelant posts at times annoy ppl! So, whats harm in following some instructions of the seniormost membrrs like prabha i n visrom?? Plss dont b sad.. Thats it!!

Now coming back to the topic! All we are authorised to do is press the Report button!!! Since some members cross their limits at times, we cant afgkrd to igbore them anymorr! So whne any of us dinds anything wrong happenong in the forum, we shud report it! Ignoring is not gonna help anymore... Will have ti take actions! Mods will have to look into the matters when they find complaints from most of us! I am sure they wont ignore then...

The basic prbs are- some members do stuffs to annoy us intentionally! They will say exactly what can hurt others! There r ppl who just dont care wht the senior members talk abt... They will arry on wid their own indifferent attitude!

One of the worst things is that some of the
members keep cluttering wid nrw threads! Just the inneccesary ones! Things like who is the next aco are still being opened inspite of getting poor n harsh responses from the members!! Not the faults of the newbies actually! They r not aware of the environment of the forum...thats where comes the need of thw Rules thread!!!

Another issue is some members have a habit of getting bak the oldest topucs to the first page! Mostly the ones which are no more worthy of discussions!! Just one commnt to increase ur number of pists n thats it... Just an advice to everyone who have this habit, plss avoid it!! If course y can go thru the threads but whats the use of posting one single coment from nowhere!!!

Then comes th issue of bashing n hurting the senior members! I have seen ppl abusing some of them!! Cmon, this is a forum, n senior members desrve some sort of respect! Ppl wo have slend so much tume here... Basjing them up is just soo ....

Well these are some of the most important issues tht we have discussed so fr! ( posted all ths, just a summry of the 8 page old thread!)

priya_sparsha

IF-Rockerz

priya_sparsha

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prabha.

That is what we are asking the Mods/Admins. What can be done.

I talked about this issue couple of months ago with Ambrosia. Every forum has rules and its sticky topic as well. Even if you guys "post" something or tell someone, its always going to be ignored as one might themselves think " is he/she a mod" or something. Sorry, I cant help you guys in this issue. Anyways, Why dont you guys PM Ambrosia and talk about this issue. She's not just a mod for this forum but for many others. Maybe she doesnt check this forum as frequently as others. Just PM her and maybe she'll listen to you guys( ok maybe all of them but you guys decide and send everything in one post so that she doesnt get irritated by reading the same problem over and over again).

priya_sparsha

IF-Rockerz

priya_sparsha

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
Some of you guys are bit harsh on some new members on this forum. ( I'm not talking about this thread). There's always a better way to express your views AND respect others. If you guys dont like it then ignore it. or if its aganist the rules, then tell them that "IF doesnt allow.." rather than " I'm tired of such topics or polls". There's always a better way to express anything bad.

Another thing, Whenever you are about to reply any post you will see " Note" to your right hand side which has IF rules. That's the summary of all important rules. Whenever you guys posts something ( which you might have second thoughts on),. just read it(&its not that long either).

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 6:45pm | IP Logged

I am sorry Priya but I think it's unfair to always say that we are harsh to new members. That is not really true. I think even a new member should try and familiarize themselves with the forum they are coming to. Its not always the seniors who should be forthcoming, new member have to show some responsibility too. The other day on the first page we already had "who should be next acp" poll, yet a new one was opened. Reason - the previous ones were opened long ago. We have thread for an upcoming case already yet people open new ones to discuss the same. Reason - they can't find the threads.

In the last two months I can't recollect how many times "the case of missing bullet" is requested for, all in new threads. There is another one that has been opened today inspite of me telling this member that no one has it in one of his/her previous thread. Now if I will say something like "how many times this question is going to be asked" or something to that effect, I will be called harsh which I think is unfair. A new member has to show some responsibility too, spend time and look around.

I don't think it's a wrong expectation if we expect new members to participate in constructive discussions. So many of us think of topics to bring sanity to this forum, but our efforts are overlooked, instead we are called harsh. Don't you think our efforts need to be lauded once in a while? But if we are going to be ticked off in front of new members, no one is going to respect us. Once we start feeling we aren't needed here, you will gradually see seniors move out.

Edited by prabha. - 28 June 2010 at 9:00pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Bhavanabsunnyp1414bhinder.thind

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya_sparsha

Some of you guys are bit harsh on some new members on this forum. ( I'm not talking about this thread). There's always a better way to express your views AND respect others. If you guys dont like it then ignore it. or if its aganist the rules, then tell them that "IF doesnt allow.." rather than " I'm tired of such topics or polls". There's always a better way to express anything bad.

Another thing, Whenever you are about to reply any post you will see " Note" to your right hand side which has IF rules. That's the summary of all important rules. Whenever you guys posts something ( which you might have second thoughts on),. just read it(&its not that long either).
Sorry Priya...I am unable to locate this 'Note' as I am typing this message here. Could you please give the link?

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
I have been away of this forum for a long time. I dunno the current situation but what Prabha Di said is absolutely right. It is the current generation who are involved in such callous remarks. But I, being of re current generation also, fail to understand why people would speak about such things. I would like to hammer the person who came up with this relationship crap on CID, it is not entirely the fault of these new members. Anyways, either they are pervs or have a lesser sense of right and wrong(no offense intended)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top