CID

Depressing Trend - Need For Rules (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 16

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Sorry what I don't get what you mean. If someone is appointed as an Mod/Admin here and is the one who decides the rules, how will he/she not know what is crap and what is not. We need to trust their intelligence. Its good you have so many questions but I have not understood who you are concerned about, us or people who post crap.

Edited by prabha. - 28 June 2010 at 8:13am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Depressing Trend - Need For Rules (Page 3)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:15am | IP Logged
an admn among us? thats fine, i thought some changes in format can be implemented. like forbidden thread or no space topic... its a nice idea to select a head for post and topic coordination. explain what to do next please.

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bhavanab

the involvement of senior members in this thread is required only Prabha di,Shagnika and me are discussing,
@Bhavanab.....I am sorry, I was not online and I hope you understand that one cannot be online 24X7. That doesn't mean I don't care about the welfare of this forum or of CID.(No offence, please Smile)

First of all we need a 'rules and regulations' post which is sticky, so that any new member joining in can read it and understand properly. This is available for forums of serials like Maan Rahe Pita, which hardly has any members. But our forum has more active members, yet there are no formal list of rules.

We really cannot prevent people from posting their views. It is an open forum after all. We may have differing views. But just as some of us have 'agreed to disagree' on some issues, we must choose to ignore such posts. We must learn to live in peace and harmony unless it becomes too irritating, like a few months back after the Madam P episode we had a bunch of her fans coming in and opening a crappy thread here.

We know the regular members here. If we find any of us(including me) misbehaving, the others can issue a warning through PM or an open post and I am sure the regular members will understand. I hope the senior members will not run away because they don't like a post or because someone hurled abuses at us. If there is a personal attack, we can always complain to the Mod and I have always seen that she takes necessary action.

There have been many other depressing trends on this forum which I was discussing with Ambrosia in the background and I don't want to put such issues in a public post.

And yes...the newcomers MUST respect senior members when it comes to discipline in the forum.

In case I have anything to add, I'll do so later.

Edited by visrom - 28 June 2010 at 8:15am

Bhavanab

Coolbie

Bhavanab

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:18am | IP Logged
@visrom I didn't point out to you,I know tum late reply kar sakthi ho but you wouldn't give it a missso no offence takenSmile Smile
like visrom said
Most of them are new to the forums so obviously unhe pehle se hi nahin patha hoga ki kya hona chaahyiye aur kya nahi so we want ki koi rules and regulations thread ho jis se unhe patha chale ki what mainly happens in this forum and what is expected from them as a CID forum member !!

Edited by Bhavanab - 28 June 2010 at 8:23am

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:20am | IP Logged
iam not concerned about them prabha, i just wanna ask something thats all or if you have the feeling that questions are unnecessory then i quit from that

DemonStar

Coolbie

DemonStar

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:23am | IP Logged
There's nothing wrong with having a different opinion or liking something others don't, but the problem arises when the person doesn't listen to what the seniors say and opens the same kind of threads again and again, to the point of annoyance. For example there were at least a hundred "Who's better Abhi or Daya?" polls opened despite repeatedly being told that such stuff is not appreciated here.

prabha.

IF-Rockerz

prabha.

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:24am | IP Logged
The idea of open forum is very interesting. Everyone has the freedom to say what they what. BUT freedom has to be respected and not taken for granted. So many of us put so much thoughts into how to get the forum to discuss something that's more worthwhile. Something when anyone from Fireworks reads will have something positive to take back but what do we end-up discussing who should end up with whom. This CRIME DETECTION for God's sake.

This forum has so many teenagers and its not a great trend to see them only discussing who's hot, who's not and love stories.

Edited by prabha. - 28 June 2010 at 8:26am

sunnyp1414

IF-Dazzler

sunnyp1414

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Sorry for late reply just came online. I have already said in previous thread bhavna opened I am saying it again rules have to be made by moderator and that thread has to be made sticky. I know its open forum.but title of thread should be such that new members firstly read that and second of all any senior active members here find foolish polls be opened warn them via PM or any senior active member should be given special powers so that that person can act directly. Till date best we can do is avoid participating.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top