Article: Ragini & I are brats: Jay

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Ragini & I are brats: Jay

Anupriya Jolly, TNN, Jun 28, 2010, 01.36pm IST

Jay Soni, the charming but poor Ishan of Sasural Genda Phool is a happy man. His popularity has reached heights; girls come up and flirt with him! "TV shows usually don't offer challenging roles but people across age groups are appreciating my performance in Sasural Genda Phool. Girls walk up to me and start talking about my role. It feels good," says Jay.

And during the audition for Sasural Genda Phool, Jay had lost hopes of getting the role. "I left from the audition because they gave me just three lines and told me to perform. It was Ravi Sir who came upto me and said 'you are a good actor who gave a bad audition'. Before I knew we were shooting for the show," quips Jay. And can he relate to Ishan, "The only thing I can't relate to with Ishan is that he wears formals! I can relate to him because he loves his family and is emotional and simple."

Will Ishan be able to make Suhana fall for him? "I guess so because Ishan has infinite love for Suhana. He will always be there for her," he adds.

Reports say you changed your name to Jay. Is it true? "My name has always been Jay. I don't know who spread these rumors about me," he retorts.

So, he gets along with his co-star Ragini? "Ragini and I are the brats on the sets. We play lots of pranks. Once both of us had a food fight with the associate director on the sets. He could not throw anything on us as we were in the middle of a shoot and our clothes were needed to complete it," says Jay mischievously.

Any future projects, "I was offered Zara Nachke Dikha and I don't mind doing reality TV as I am a trained dancer. but I wanted to concentrate on the show. The same goes for my Bollywood debut," Jain signs off.
Edited by fruitty - 13 years ago
A very very cute article...Ragini n Jay are always fun to watch whether its offscreen or onscreen...so i can surely imagine dem playing pranks wid other cast n crew members..!!! 😆 😆

Thanxx a lott for sharing dear... 😃
thanks a lot for sharing...
haha...thnx for sharing!!

LOL at the food fight...poor associate director cudn't even take revenge..
thanks for sharing. It would be so much fun for them on sets.
Haha...cute! Seems like they get along pretty well offscreen :)

Thanks for sharing :)