Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sindhyaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

sindhyaa.

Posted: 27 June 2010 at 12:00am | IP Logged

1 . B l e a k   W i s h e s

MY FATHER DROVE ME TO SCHOOL IN HIS HONDA  CITY, WHICH HE PRIDED LIKE A FATHER WOULD A son. It was a pleasant morning, about twenty degrees outside, and i was wearing my uniform-white collared shirt, tie, a grey tunic and a belt- clutching at it, as i looked out of the window in urgency. It was fifteen minutes past seven, and by now, i ought to have reached my classroom, which was 4 floors up, i sighed at the thought. I stared at my dad's watch again, almost time, i thought, i would without a doubt be late to school, again.

In the state of Mumbai, one of the biggest and the most lavish metropolitans, it rained for nearly twice as much as it rained anywhere else in the entire subcontinent of india. Nearly everything around was filled with brown mud, which now happily floated away with the water, or out of the way garbage, which people  left around, because they don't have time enough to throw it in the dustbins placed everywhere around the city. Even on the highways, it was tough, not to find a pepsi can, thrown out of the window, by some stupid rich kid, who isn't mature enough to understand the rules and regulations. But who could blame those kids, when their parents are their biggest inspirations, i wondered, as the car came to a halt in front of my school gate. I quickly picked up my new ego bag, and rushed into the school building, wiping of the rain drops on my new bag as i walked. On my way to the fourth floor, i spotted two of my classmates, who i recognized only since they were my fellow latecomers in class. One of them, aditya i recalled, was a new admission in the school as well, and he had joined school 2 weeks ago, with me.

One of the guys stopped in front of  the bulletin board on the fourth floor, looking at the charts i supposed, as i walked on to my classroom, section two, or s2 as everyone called it. One look inside the class, and i knew why the guy had stopped by the board, i rushed back and joined him, checking the list which stated the seating arrangement, commerce section for me, it said.

I unwillingly stepped inside the commerce section for my first exam, in the new school, as a few curious eyes branded me as the new girl all over again. I avoided their eyes, and rushed to the last seat, absentmindedly. A not very unfortunate looking girl sat there, with her eyes lowered, her attire screamed out strong will and power,  i took a seat beside her, and opened my physics book, to revise through.

The prayer bell rang right in time, i had just opened my physics book. A slightly windy teacher, who i dint recognize, came into the class forcing the class on their feet for the prayer, pledge and the national anthem, i yawned. The girl beside me looked equally bored with the sequence of events. She opened her economics book, her hands still folded for the prayer, her eyes carefully analyzing each page of the book. I smirked, as i stared at her book, but the smirk eventually vanished, as i saw him, yash, laughing with his friend at some in-joke three seats ahead of me.

This had to my worst nightmare, i thought. Yash was in my class for the exams. A part of sang out happily at the amazing fortune, but another part of me screamed in agony, knowing too well how clumsy i was when around a guy i liked. Though i wasn't that into yash as yet, but it was only matter of time, i knew it. Eventually i would start tripping in front of him, then i would start stammering, my eyes would start avoiding others, my hands would make things fall, and the sequence followed.

I raised my hand in front of me for the pledge, trying my best not to look at yash. The girl beside me lazily held her hand up, her eyes still on her economics book. Once or twice she would look up at me, and then with an expressionless face, she would turn back to her economics book.

A few minutes later, we were asked to put our bags outside the room.

I got up from my seat, tripping invariably as i walked right past yash's seat. When i came back in after putting my bag, my eyes found his face, which he had turned away from me, i thanked god for that.

Anusha, a tomboyish wannabe, was sitting beside him. She was from my class, and one of my first friends in this school. She somehow knew my best friend, sonali, who's popularity always proved beneficial for me.

I came back to my seat right on time, the teacher had just left the answer sheet and question paper on my desk. I pulled out my pen, and with an enthusiasm like never before, i started to write my paper.

Three hours later, as the teacher finished collecting the papers, i got up grim faced from my seat. The paper hadn't been very easy as it had seemed at first, and my pleasure increased in magnitude, when chandni, anusha, shruthika, shravanya, payal and shweta agreed with me.

It was only ten thirty in shwetas watch, and we had already started to walk back. Chandni,payal,shruthika and shweta bade us goodbye, as we, the private vehicled ones started to leave.

Back at home, the nightmare my mum was being, was getting more and more out of control. She invariably found a reason to come and check if i was studying every five minutes, and that started to get on my nerves, when my stomach started to hurt. Out of pain, i slept off, waking up only four hours later, in an edgy mood.

That night after a long time, i slept at two in the night. And to my suprise, even at two , i hardly felt sleepy. My thoughts were clouded with yash, his smile, his gestures, his way of talking, his raised eyebrows and a lot more which id rather keep to myself.

The next morning, a lazy Saturday, i woke up at eight thirty, remembering why i detested Saturdays and Sundays so much, the presence of both of my parents, invariably made up to be the excuse.

I switched on the radio on my phone, and plugged the chord on, getting lost in those few minutes of slumber i had. But before the song could finish, my mother barged in through the door, sadly she lacked the habit of knocking before entering.

'Why aint you studying sheena?', she asked me, anger pouring out of her eyes.

'Right on it', i replied, as i rushed to give her a hug, which she didn't return. I quietly walked into the washroom,  satisfaction rushing through me, as i heard my door close. I peeped out of the washroom, making sure my mum wasn't still there in the room, before locking my door.

I had my breakfast with a nice book which enthralled with excitement and interesting one liners, and as always i got aroused by the wonders writers could do with a pen in their hand.

I seeked to be a writer myself, and i would achieve what i wanted SOMEDAY, i thought. I had no idea why i had such a mindless attraction to writing and writers, but that was just me, a day without a good book, was a day gone waste, i thought, as i put away my breakfast, agonized by the tummy ache again.

My parents had gone to the bank nearby to probably get some new cheque books, or getting their accounts checked, or maybe some pass book issue, i assumed. Whatever it was, i wasn't in the least bothered. I was too pleased to have the house all to myself to question anything else. I unlocked my door after they left, and picked up the chord less landline in the dining room.

For an hour or so, till my parents returned, i talked to sonali, it was her birthday today, and i had as always wished her right at 12 in the night. She had been down with fever, for the past few weeks, and my concern had been increasing for her good health since the last one week, when she stopped attending school. The doctors had asked her to stay in bed, why that was, she refused to say. I had scary thoughts of sonali getting swine flu. But she neither denied nor accepted my thoughs, and that scared me all the more.

Surprisingly today, sonali was in a very good mood, she talked of everything she could think of, apart from her health.

'And those stinking exams start five days from now sheenu!', she said, her voice sounded like she had just had a screaming competition with someone.

'five days more for you? Lucky! I had my first today'

'really? Which one?', she asked, her curiosity bubbling out.

'physics. Terrible paper sonal!'

'awww its okay baby. Work harder for the next one!', i could feel the warmth and sincerity in her voice, this was one girl who genuinely cared, i thought.

'next one? You mean English?', i snorted, and she joined my laughter. English was our favourite subject. We ended up scoring the highest marks, without even bothering to open our precious books. The books we had bought last year were as clean as new. We could have sold it for the proper price to someone, had our names not been scribbled on the first page.

'so you like the guys in the new school?', she asked, touching another of her favourite subject, BOYS.

'hell yes. They are all delicious, i tell you sonal! You should get your ass down here and check them out sometime.', i giggled, as i thought of yash.

As if reading my thoughts sonali asked me if i was referring to yash when i said so. I smiled sheepishly as i denied the accusation, and she read my insincerity on the topic as i had read hers, regarding her health.

I started to ask sonali about her health, when somehow sonali remembered that she had something very important to do, and she cut the call. And for the millionth time that day, i wondered what she was hiding.

To get my mind off sonali, i switched on the television set and put on zee studio, to check for some good movies, maybe even chocolat, i thought, getting my hopes too high. But as always, some old black and white movie was airing on zee studio.

Soon my parents were home, and i rushed back to my room, pretending to study as my mind struggled to understand what sonali was hiding. The whole day, i seemed lost somewhere in my own world, or so my mom said, as she served me my lunch.

In the evening i had my tuitions, from four thirty to seven thirty, which would, i thought, extend to atleast eight. By the time i reached my class, sushmita, a friend, was already seated there, and on the other side of the room a new girl sat.

Sushmita introduced her to me as pragati, eighty five percent in eleventh. And i stared awestruck at the girl, since i myself had got only seventy one percent.

All through the class, i ended up observing the new girl, her handwriting, her way of talking, her answers in class, and from what i saw, i concluded her to be the next Einstein, and maybe even better. When i came back home, a movie, rocket singh was airing, which i nicely sat up to watch till twelve in the night. I had to admit, the movie was not half as bad as the others had critiqued it to be, in fact i had had a lot fun watching the movie.

That night as i switched on my laptop, i found myself talking to an old crush of mine. He seemed casually curious about how me and my life were getting along, and whether i had managed to snag any of the guys out here. I gave a sheepish no, to which he ended up telling me not to lose hope.

After a long time, those few bleak wishes in my heart seemed to erupt again, those bleak wishes about how maybe one day there would be a guy who would love me for who i am, and not for the way i look.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusArtiMayur.Meenokirti123iqbals4ever_ArTi4ever_chhiltBeetMrs.MuffinSobtispiritcrimsonNaughtynattysafeplacetoland-Fatima-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dawn&Moonlight Pt1 Pg1" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 27 June 2010 at 2:39am | IP Logged
MONKEY DONKEY CINDY Angry
Why didn't you PM me about this? Angry

Leaving that....aah amazing story Thumbs Up
You write soooo well yaar Tongue

I simply LOVED it!

Better cont soon

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sindhyaa.

sindhyaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

sindhyaa.

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by NidzCole_ArTi

I simply LOVED it!

Better cont soon

Bidzyyy Nidzyyy! Hug
Awwwshhieee... dint pm ne1 yaar
was running late for school ROFL

Thanks yaar
it feeels so greaatt to hear tht Hug
mwaaahhhh
cindyy

safeplacetoland

safeplacetoland

IF-Stunnerz

safeplacetoland

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool.sindhya

Originally posted by NidzCole_ArTi

I simply LOVED it!

Better cont soon

Bidzyyy Nidzyyy! Hug
Awwwshhieee... dint pm ne1 yaar
was running late for school ROFL

Thanks yaar
it feeels so greaatt to hear tht Hug
mwaaahhhh
cindyy

No problemo jaanu Hug
UD soon

sindhyaa.

Beet

IF-Rockerz

Beet

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 10:47am | IP Logged
Cindy (can I call you that?)Hug

It is just A M A Z I N G.
It is such a wonderful story. Plus you write brilliantly.

The story was really  good. Loved it.Day Dreaming

Looking forward to the next part. Please update soon.

-Daania

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sindhyaa.safeplacetoland

-Fatima-

IF-Stunnerz

-Fatima-

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Sindhyaaaaaaaaa yayyy i find u ok that is stupid joke but i just find this section & i m reading urs writing its amazing.
the story is simply amazing & u r writing it brilliantly.
i m loving it now whenever u update do pm me
luv
Fatima

sindhyaa.safeplacetoland

Mrs.MuffinSobti

IF-Veteran Member

Mrs.MuffinSobti

IPKKND 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 6:42pm | IP Logged

Awww Sindhya I love this story <3 Love how it takes place in Mumbai, I can even kind of relate!

Love it sooo much update! Would love to read the next part! :D

sindhyaa.safeplacetoland

ArtiMayur.Meeno

Goldie

ArtiMayur.Meeno

Posted: 28 June 2010 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
WOW! I love the concept of your story, its really simple and easy to follow.

I espcially love how you have detailed everything. It really helps to get a better vision of the situation.

I hate exams too...
Poor Sheena, she has to wake up at 8:30 on a Saturday...LOL...AND she has to STUDY on a WEEKEND....I have never done either things in my life so farLOLLOL

Update soon Sindhya,

and thnxx Nidz, for recommending this story, it really is wonderfulBig smileBig smile

sindhyaa.safeplacetoland

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.