Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Where should I place Maan?

a little faith thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I did not know in which galaxy of webspace to orbit this post, I chose here, because MJHT forum is littered with blood stains from where my heart has impaled upon many a post.

I had an unexpected afternoon, and decided to indulge my indulgent side which is pretty much the most of me. 😳  I watched last week's MJHT, then shilpa's episodes in DMG and then caught up with Uttaran. Thereafter feeling a little deflated and left thinking is that all there is left for me, remnants and crumbs with an odour of stale misgivings, I relented towards my dear friend Nandita's advice and watched Geet.  The last two weeks worth of episodes, please note that we are a week behind here.

Not that I flatter myself that you are interested or eager to hear what I have to say, but I am going to 'indulge' you anyway.

My first treasure was discovering the wonderful Priya at the helm and became even more expectant, from even Nandita's recommendation, which spoke volumes in the first place.

Priya, has always had an eye for detail, in terms of emotions, back from season one of MJHT.  She is able to create stories which allow the actors to explore the full range of one emotion, even within one scene.  Those nuances within niches within the flap of a mosquito's wing, such an exquisite delight.  For example when Geet meets Maan at the embassy. 

In those few moments Geet passed through an era of wisdom, turning each corner with a subtlest of curves in those micro expressions in her eyes, mouth and demeanour.  I was truly flabbergasted. (Please note I hate that word, and this is the first time I am using it, only because Drashti deserves some kind of medal for that excellent portrayal.)  Always been an admirer of Drashti, back from DMG days, where I thought her to be the standard.  That sultry voice, that perfect figure and classic elegance forming the most beautiful vision.  However in that scene Gurmeet caught my attention for the first time. I have never watched him before as an actor, but nevertheless impressed.

Now for the crux of the matter. 

Like some girls, I have a penchant for troubled men.  For me there are three main categories, but the list is open to expansion, and delightfully so. There is the angry young man, the men with issues and finally the men with primal raw testosterone fuelled indignation.  The differences between these categories have filled those teal blue expanses between marshmallow clouds that drifted on by on lazy Friday afternoons.

Either you understand me or you have long stopped reading.

The second category just scares me as much as those girls who perturb me who fall for those guys.  Then again, there has to be someone for everyone.  As they say, "Sirf Tu Rahi Mere Liye, aur sirf Main Bhi Raha Tere Liye" That is all I will say on that category.

I have always been a Darcy girl, who belongs in the third category, along with Michael Schofield, (one or two more) and finally Mayank.  It is more than a chip on your shoulder like the 'angry young man' syndrome.  It is being affronted by deficiency, weakness and stupidity in others BUT especially in yourself. 

As Bruce Lee once reportedly said, "To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."

Therefore like true indignation it requires a cause, and is therefore not an anger that is worn, saturates and envelopes 24/7, through all seasons, and therefore leaves open pathways to unimaginable and remarkable love, romance and lushness!  As attested by my examples.  They keep that part of themselves only for their beloveds, quite unknown and unimagined by everyone else.  My heart always sighs in relief at this aspect.  That my love keeps reserved a special part of himself only for me.

The 'angry young man' syndrome is permanently being angry for past grievances which one seeks to take revenge for upon any and every one that crosses your path, life and unfortunately heart.  Examples include Arjun and House.

In which category does Maan belong?  Only time will tell.  For me that includes the past, as I rush back to the beginning of Geet to catch up as well as the eagerly anticipated future.  At the moment he stands upon the brink of both, teetering on that razor sharp edge.

In truth it is irrelevant which side he slides down, for my heart endears, relents, and yearns towards both.  Like the push and pull of the moon upon the tides that engulf my soul. 

It is just the way I was made.

Love Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
😳
i am speechless...i never thought that way..
.lali. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow... love the post.. i dono wat to say lol.. well the way u have describe is awesome... so hats of to u for writing it so well.. n i too sometimes have doubts where to place maan because everyday i find sumthing new about this man, he is all in one lol...
nanditasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
🤗 you have my heart yet again Big Sis....
well to begin with minus the few posts in the gallery this is my first post here
....you yet again managed to stir my emotions...send my grey cells to attention and make me ponder over your words and  question myself in accordance to it....

me too am the Darcy's girl and who knows that better than you...Mayank  to be frank has not surprised me... his very introduction ..to moving on to Shilpa Aunty's 'Parenting Skill' he has lived it all as he should and as we would expect of him...and thats why i love him...

but Maan took me by surprise...though surely there has to be some past that is the spring..the reason for all the anger filled up in him...but to me he is majorly of the 'second type' and i do understand what you meant by it...at first i dint but  did think about it and do agree there
he shocks, surprises and confuses me....seeing his first approach towards Geet first thing that crossed my mind was he does not seem to value or respect women...but i was soon corrected when with his mere presence  gave her hope , understanding and strength .... and made me realize he respects only those who can earn it  ...... and its a hard earning indeed and of course  worth it.

i'm just waiting to see the development of this wonderful character not to say Maaneet's story to move forward to next level....that is trust and understanding....only thing like you i too fear getting hurt again ..... but like Preeti says ' hope only for the best' me too doing so

WOW! 😉 Your an amazing writer. Truly. 😳

I love Mr. Darcy . . . . . And well for me Maan is still developing . . .  As a character I hope to see him grow . . . And that means checking the future track. 😛 So I hope you stay with us for a long time and give us your verdict. 🥱 Because I am not sure myself where he falls. 👏 Thanks for being a part of the forum! Great to have you aboard. 😊
a little faith thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweet_chilly

😳

i am speechless...i never thought that way..

The good kind of speechless, where the eyes and hands still talk? Or the other kind which invites flies to cartwheel between your two tonsils?

Love Sabah😳

pollydolly thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

The way you described everything... I think I place him with the Darcy category as he does seem like the one woman man type(as said in Jab we met)😆

a little faith thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Lali

wow... love the post.. i dono wat to say lol.. well the way u have describe is awesome... so hats of to u for writing it so well.. n i too sometimes have doubts where to place maan because everyday i find sumthing new about this man, he is all in one lol...

Excellent, 👏 So true, he is like that sparkle in a diamond.  You cannot pinpoint its gleam but it mesmerizes you nonetheless.

Every time I adamantly decide to place him into the 'angry young man' category, his stare makes me back, as if to say, wait there is more of the puzzle to come.  Do not prejudge before all the facts are in for then you will only be prejudice to his pride.

Love Sabah
sweet-knife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

your writing skills are amazing.

"That my love keeps reserved a special part of himself only for me."

well thought n well written!
a little faith thumbnail
Originally posted by: nanditasingh

🤗 you have my heart yet again Big Sis....Little sis, the width of this universe is not enough to contain your heart.  How could my feeble soul contain yours?
well to begin with minus the few posts in the gallery this is my first post hereYou left out a word.  Beautiful.  Your beautiful posts in the gallery...
....you yet again managed to stir my emotions...send my grey cells to attention and make me ponder over your words and  question myself in accordance to it....Nandita, as always you were the inspiration.  I just can not help myself, once you point that torch light my eyes travel along the beam eagerly anticipating that finally my rainbow will find an end.
me too am the Darcy's girl and who knows that better than you...I know how to bait you.😉
Mayank  to be frank has not surprised me... his very introduction ..to moving on to Shilpa Aunty's 'Parenting Skill' he has lived it all as he should and as we would expect of him...and thats why i love him...Third category girls are all with you!
but Maan took me by surprise...Me too.  From the start (the start of where I began to watch, which is about three weeks back from where you are now...😕) I have to say, I could not work him out.  He is almost inciting you to cage him into that angry young man box yet somehow as soon as you do, he escapes, houdini style! though surely there has to be some past that is the spring..the reason for all the anger filled up in him...I hope so.  I do not doubt with Priya writing skills.  However will the source be like a gushing river, a stilted pool or a waterfall at the bottom of which lies jagged rocks? but to me he is majorly of the 'second type' and i do understand what you meant by it...at first i dint but  did think about it and do agree there How so?
he shocks, surprises and confuses me....seeing his first approach towards Geet first thing that crossed my mind was he does not seem to value or respect women...That was my first impression too.  A heartier, meatier version of Arjun.  That is Arjun from KMH, not Arjun from real life. 😆but i was soon corrected when with his mere presence  gave her hope , understanding and strength ....Just like my Mayank.  Do you remember my old time favourite scene from MJHT.  It is NOT about the guy showing up to save the day.  Like at the end of Everafter.  The prince shows up to save cinderella, but she has already saved herself.  The point is not that he is able to save her or not, the point is, as you so astutely pointed out, he gives her strength to fight back.  his very presence in her life is the all the protection she needs.  and made me realize he respects only those who can earn it  ...... and its a hard earning indeed and of course  worth it.Again like Mayank and Darcy.  So second category?!  I see why now.  However I am still reserving my final judgment.  I don't think Maan can be caged into one box.
i'm just waiting to see the development of this wonderful character not to say Maaneet's story to move forward to next level....that is trust and understanding....only thing like you i too fear getting hurt again As i told you, I called in the locksmiths and had a new up to date security placed over the gates to my heart.  New codes, locks and keys.  I do agree with 'love as though you have never been hurt'  However when it is with the same people whom you trusted before, I say, only a fool is bitten by the same source twice.  I will not leave my healing heart in the protection of those who have no concern for its health.  I can not help it.  I am an all or nothing girl.  So for now, I am giving Geet only my time and interest. 

Maybe that is why I am afraid to place Maan into my box of treats, for that will undoubtedly solder a bond that binds.
..... but like Preeti says ' hope only for the best' me too doing so, I am glad, for the sake of your avis alone.
Love your big sister, Sabah😃