Debate Mansion

Is it right to beat your wife?

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Some husbands beat their wives when they are angry with them.Sometimes when there is a fight between husband and wife the husband slaps the wife.Some husbands also say sorry after beating their wives.And the wives forgive their husbands because she has learnt from childhood that husbands are like God and they can control your life.The husbands also feel that since he is the earner of the house he has full rights on his wife and so if she is wrong then he can beat him.They beleive that if fathers can beat a girl for her well being then he also has the right to beat her.Some girls want to get rid of these types of husbands but they can not divorce as they have children.
What do you feel is it right for a man to beat his wife?If the huband feels that the wife is doing something wrong then can he slap her?Is it right for a woman to endure all torture just for the sake of her child?What impact does this event have on a child?Should these husbands be punished by the law?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

What do you feel is it right for a man to beat his wife? No.

If the huband feels that the wife is doing something wrong then can he slap her? No.

Is it right for a woman to endure all torture just for the sake of her child? No. If the husband is hitting the wife, he can also beat their kids. The woman should not put herself or her children in that situation any longer.

What impact does this event have on a child? Seeing mother get beat? Tons of psychological impacts. One thing they *may* learn is that its alright for them to hit women & that hitting/beating is alright.

Should these husbands be punished by the law? They do in U.S :)

its is better if a wife beats her husband and in india there is no punishment for it too.

mind-googling thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -JONAKI-

Is it right to beat your wife?

No, duh!
mind-googling thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
If a husband thinks it's right or it's his right to beat his wife, he's living in an uncivilized society or he's ill-bred. Otherwise, he just has bad genes that cloud his moral sense and make him use brute force to give vent to his anger, frustration, etc.

Men happen to have more physical strength than women, so there are more cases of husbands beating wives. In an exceptional case, where the wife has more physical power, if she lacks moral sense and sensitivity, and at the same time has higher social position, she can potentially be a husband-beater too. In fact, there are such instances.

A spouse slapping the other on the spur of the moment is less serious, though it's still wrong. Chastening beating of a spouse is disgusting and should be punishable (and is punishable in India if the beaten spouse is a woman) by law. And a husband beating his wife to meet his demands is a serious crime.

I guess there are laws and cops in place in every civilized country to deal with wife-bashing hubbies. 

P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Uff i cannot tolerate such behaviour, my bro is harsh with his dog and i keep telling him you don't grab him like that I will report you to the RSPCA! 😡
I hope the next topic wouldn't be "Is it right to rape your wife?".

Irrespective of the gender, I don't see why it would be right to beat your spouse.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
These days violence against any person whether wife or girlfriend should not be allowed and the Law should jail and cane them.

In Singapore even road bullies who threaten others are jailed and fined. sometimes caned too.
Edited by Summer3 - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Maybe it is pretty common where she comes from ?
lol is this debatable? even forgettin for a moment the answer is obviously no, the cyber wing of the domestic abuse watch patrol run by K would get to him right away. why to needless khatra mol? lol