Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

-Illusion-

IF-Rockerz

-Illusion-

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 5:53am | IP Logged

It's time to die for TRPs!

The new wave of shows on Indian television has made the current crop of producers sit up and take notice. Shows are taking desperate measures to retain their audience and amidst fierce competition the major casualities are the popular characters.

The past few months have seen a departure in sorts of the conventional mode of 'twist in the tale'. In a bid to shock the audience the makers are bumping off popular and main leads in their shows before taking the much needed generation leap to bring in fresh faces. If Raja Ki Aayegi Baarat bid adieu to its protagonists Rani (played by Anjali Abrol) and Yudisthir (Kapil Nirmal) and introduced a new crop of characters, Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai saw the death of Sadhna (played by Sara Khan). Miley Jab Hum Tum shocked its legion of fans when they bumped off Nupur (played by Rati Pandey). "Anjali and I are not part of Raja Ki Aayegi Baarat as of now," said actor Kapil Nirmal. "We were informed that the show is taking a leap and I don't see us playing older characters," Sara said. Actor Apurva Agnihotri has come in as Kinshuk Mahajan has been shown the door. Of course these are viewed as publicity stunts. But the point is that a death in a show does evoke great response.

Balika vadhu saw its highest ever TRPs when they bumped off Sugana's first husband. Producer Sudhir Sharma, whose Miley Jab Hum Tum saw the death of Nupur, the leading lady, as the show entered Season 2, says, "No creator wants to 'kill' a character that they have created. But it's also true that sometimes when the story reaches a plateau something drastic is required ' whether it is killing characters or making them disappear. At times the absence of a character gives a certain momentum." In Sabki Ladli Bebo, the male protagonist Amrit (played by Anuj Sachdev) was bumped off and a fresh male lead was introduced for Bebo aka Shivsakti Sachdev. In the afternoon show Hamari Devrani, the main leads, were replaced by newbie Vindi Sandhwad and a new male lead as the show took a 18- year leap in time.

But leaps (with or without the protagonist) might not always work with the audience. If Jhansi Ki Rani was a success due to child star Ulka Gupta, the present track with the grown up Rani Laxmibai (post the 10-year leap) has not gone down well with the audience. So, while leaps might seem like a solution to most problems, makers today need to tread carefully so that they don't slip up in the race of the TRPs.

Link:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Its-time-to-die-for-TRPs/articleshow/6086214.cms

modz can cloze dis if.......

Edited by naina4MAYUR - 25 June 2010 at 5:59am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aiza-FanOfMAYURLittleMissWittyBeet-Samira-Angle.XDevilsDesireXa-little-hopeFaria.stuti123-Priti11-afshanafreen-RageOfAngelz-Payal-15safeplacetolandmyownarea

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "It's time to die for TRPs! -ARTICLE" in Miley Jab Hum Tum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

afshanafreen

IF-Sizzlerz

afshanafreen

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Dead i saw this article 2days back...
they hav to soon realize theri mistae....or else Thumbs Down

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

IpkkndAvifan-Debo--Illusion--Samira-Faria.stuti123Payal-15

tanushee

Goldie

tanushee

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 5:56am | IP Logged
thy will pay for it....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.SilentPrincessPayal-15

-Illusion-

IF-Rockerz

-Illusion-

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by afshanafreen

oh...i didnt kno that its already posted....Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Faria.

-RageOfAngelz-

IF-Sizzlerz

-RageOfAngelz-

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 5:57am | IP Logged
naina...i guess we got it earlier...newayz thnxx fr sharing n this sudhir mamu-does he evn knows wht he utters at tymes...god,makes no sense at al...d trps r gonna b there fr dinitial death tymes,not after dat ,wht wud ppl cme 2 watch-d bloody FB of d character!!!!dumbs....n his evn more dumb CVs...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Samira-.SilentPrincess-Illusion-stuti123Payal-15

afshanafreen

IF-Sizzlerz

afshanafreen

Originally posted by naina4MAYUR

no no...i was taling abt news paper...it wasnt posted here on IF...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Illusion-Payal-15

cheersona1

Goldie

cheersona1

Producer Sudhir Sharma, whose Miley Jab Hum Tum saw the death of Nupur, the leading lady, as the show entered Season 2, says, "No creator wants to 'kill' a character that they have created. But it's also true that sometimes when the story reaches a plateau something drastic is required whether it is killing characters or making them disappear. At times the absence of a character gives a certain momentum."
Mr. Producer I hpe dats wat u hav done n u wud get ht back ASAP othrwise be ready to face burnt...of ur shw goin offair soon....Clap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Samira-.SilentPrincessa-little-hopePayal-15

-Illusion-

IF-Rockerz

-Illusion-

Posted: 25 June 2010 at 5:59am | IP Logged

Originally posted by naina4MAYUR

no no...i was taling abt news paper...it wasnt posted here on IF...

ok....
let us see how much TRPS they can get.......Ouch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Payal-15

Post Reply New Post

Go to top