Heroine will be kareena's best Performance: Madhur

Posted: 13 years ago

Heroine will be Kareena's best film ever: Bhandarkar

Agencies Posted: Jun 25, 2010 at 1227 hrs IST
PrintEmailNewsletterPost CommentsRSS
Madhur BhandarkarMadhur Bhandarkar believes that his upcoming film Heroine will be Kareena's best ever performance.
Related Articles
Abhinav Kashyap's Dabangg: A commercial, masala filmDeepika's Lafangey Parindey to release this AugustAR Rahman cancels American 'Jai Ho' tour datesRanbir-Priyanka shoot extra song for Anjaana Anjaani
He is known for giving glam-dolls of Bollywood a milestone film in their career. Whether it's Fashion for Priyanka Chopra, which is regarded as her best act till day, or Corporate for Bipasha Basu that revealed the actress in the 'Bong Bombshell'.

And now, National Award winning filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar has set his eyes on Kareena Kapoor and claims that his upcoming film Heroine with the actress will be the best of her career.

After her career-defining film Jab We Met with former boyfriend Shahid Kapoor, Kareena appeared in a string of not successful flicks like Tashan, (which only made news for her size-zero) and Roadside Romeo (a forgetful animated film with present beau Saif Ali Khan).

Golmaal Returns was a saving grace for the actress which was followed by Kurbaan, a Rensil D'Silva directed film that won Kareena the applause of the critics. The film, however, could not pull the audiences to the theatre and the critics applause soon simmered as gave a box office dud Main Aurr Mrs Khanna.

Kareena backed it with Raj Kumar Hirani's 3 Idiots where she made her presence felt despite the small role in the Aamir Khan blockbuster. But the actress is waiting for a solo hit and the 29-year-old, who began her career with J P Dutta's offbeat film Refugee a decade back and has all the faith in Bhandarkar.

"Kareena has been wanting to work with me for quite a long time. But due to some reasons we have not been able to team up. She blindly trusts me and my talent and the feeling is mutual,"said Bhandarkar in an interview.

The film, which will start shooting in December, is already making a buzz with reports that Bhandarkar is planning to give Kareena the iconic looks of Hollywood's legendary actresses like Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe, Vivien Leigh and Eva Gardner.

"This is going to be Kareena's best performance of her life. I can guarantee that. She is an talented artist and she will be in her full bloom in this one," Bhandarkar said. 

The 41-year-old director, who studied film-making during his stint as a video cassette delivery boy, says that covering women issues has always been his priority and a trade mark of Bhandarkar's cinema. "People in industry are afraid to raise these issues. They think that it would not generate any interest in the audience. But I am here to prove this notion wrong. All my films have had strong women characters and they have been liked by people," Bhandarkar said.

Talking of strong female characters, Bhandarkar proudly states that his heroines always thank him for giving such power packed roles. "Every time Konkana meets me she mentions how people recognise her as the Page 3 actress. Same is the case with Bipasha and Priyanka. It is nice to hear such things. I am equally proud to have worked with these actresses," Bhandarkar said.

But before he starts on another woman centric film, Bhandarkar is gung-ho about his debut comedy Dil to Bachcha hai ji, inspired by Gulzar's lyrics in the film Ishqiya.

Working with a new and unusual star cast in Ajay Devgan, Emraan Haashmi and Omi Vaidya of 3 Idiots fame, Bhandarkar says the film is his tribute to movie maverick Hrishikesh Mukherjee and ensures that the audiences is in for a surprise.

"Ajay is playing a husband, having constant 'Nok-Jhonk' with his wife, Emraan plays a carefree casanova while Omi's character is a surprise," the director said.

The filmmaker is still on a lookout of heroines for his film and if everything goes as planned audiences would soon taste Bhandarkar's slice-of-life comedy in December this year.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/heroine-will-be-kareenas-best-film-ever-bhandarkar/638398/

kareena is superb actress, madhur has a record of national awards, i hope that a national award is coming on kareena's way
Ahem! Kurbaan came after MAMK mr Journo, not before :P

Golmaal Returns was a saving grace for the actress which was followed by Kurbaan, a Rensil D'Silva directed film that won Kareena the applause of the critics. The film, however, could not pull the audiences to the theatre and the critics applause soon simmered as gave a box office dud Main Aurr Mrs Khanna.
see this is what i dunt like abt Madhur. He keeps blowing his own trumpet all the time. He was good when he was more humble. His earnesty and sincierity showed in Page 3, Corporate and Chandini Bar. But now he seems to take his work for granted. The result: medicore films like jail, traffic signal and Fashion.
Hopefully, he'll do better with his next muvie. WIshing bebo all the best!!
i cant say about jail and traffic signal but fashion was not mediocre for sure

yes, success change everything, even humbleness is gone i guess
I hope thats the case, however better not to make tall claims so much ahead. Previous experience says whenever an actor/director has made such claims the movie tanks.

Seriously, it did get me a little excited though, lol.

I've really wanted ot see a film where kareean's given the central character. Finally this is it.
I am sure Kareena will do justice to this role.
Kareena is gonna Rock and so is the film Inshallah!!!!
I'm sure Kareena's gonna do great..and since it's a Madhur film I'm sure it'll be good and not the usualEdited by Lamia17 - 13 years ago