Harshad- secret to the success of Tere Liye?

371768 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hey guys!  

Reading all the latest articles about the great opening of the show makes me question myself as to what could have lead to an opening TRP as high as 4.0 and the only answer I could think of was Harshad Chopra. I have never before seen a show with such high starting TRPs. I must say that the BT people are smart to promote HC so much in the ads with Anupriya ( TL ads are every 2nd break , posters are all over the City)

Coming back to the topic, I definitely feel that HC is hugely popular among the masses. I myself started watching the show because of him. Infact, most of the members in my family like HC and watched his previous show because they liked him. So, I want to know how many of you started watching this show for HC and what about him you like the most. I like his personality the most. According to me he is one of the finest and most good looking actors in the TV industry at present. I am glad that he is this popular in India and even in the US, U.K, middle east, Australia, etc. and I hope that his popularity increases even more with time.

With this, I also hope that TL has a great storyline to offer to us as promised by the CVs and they manage to keep the characterization and the essence of the show intact because after all this is what will keep us hooked on to the show. I also think that Anupriya deserves some credit as she has aleady managed to create a fan base of her own inspite of being relatively new. I want to see more of her before I judge so I'm not going to comment on her as yet but I defnitely hope that she too becomes equally popular as HC with this show if she isn't yet. Having said this, I would like to mention that the kids are doing a great job and I like the way the story is being handled up until. This is another important reason why TL was able to maintain its TRPs throughout the week. So credit goes to Harshad for the opening TRPs and the kids for maintaining them according to me.

PS: I guess I kinda deviated from my own topic in the last para :P. I basically want to see how popular HC is in this forum and each fan's opinion on HC's had in TL's success.  ðŸ˜Š
Edited by 371768 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i m only watching the show to drool over harshad but motu one and sweet kiddo taani is a pleasure to watchh
371768 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aishwaryagayen

i m only watching the show to drool over harshad but motu one and sweet kiddo taani is a pleasure to watchh

yes, definitely, the kids are doing quite a commendable job. I am impressed by the way the CVs are handling the kids' storyline and they are enacting it in a perfect manner. 😊
april10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: 371768

yes, definitely, the kids are doing quite a commendable job. I am impressed by the way the CVs are handling the kids' storyline and they are enacting it in a perfect manner. 😊

So true.  I do like the show also but yes I started watching because of Harshad

Soaps1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
A show's success depends on Good story line, creativity, production quality and script ... Harshad's presence must surely have brought his fans towards the show but in the end as an actor he can only do as much as playing his role to perfection ... if story,  script and production wont be good TRP making viewers will start moving away from the show ... we fans no doubt will still watch it but we are not good enough
myluv_harshad thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
i do think somewhat that the success of Tere Liye so far is because of Harshad, but there are other components... a good storyline, the acting, and shots of the script.
sinak thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Kids are doing an amazing job. Started watching the show just 4 HC.
SheVi4life thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
everyone says harsha'd popularity would be one of the reason to give success to tere liye..coz once again my sis isnt harshad's crazy fan but when i told her about how high the trps of TL are the first thing she said was coz prem's(she meant harshad) in it!!....nd me..im watching this show for him but m starting to liek verything about this show...thinking that m def gonna give the jodi TaAnu a chance..
Edited by CAqueen - 13 years ago
371768 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soaps1

A show's success depends on Good story line, creativity, production quality and script ... Harshad's presence must surely have brought his fans towards the show but in the end as an actor he can only do as much as playing his role to perfection ... if story, script and production wont be good TRP making viewers will start moving away from the show ... we fans no doubt will still watch it but we are not good enough

Originally posted by: myluv_harshad

<font color="#990000">i do think somewhat that the success of Tere Liye so far is because of Harshad, but there are other components... a good storyline, the acting, and shots of the script.</font>

Yes, I agree. Story, script, production, costumes, etc. do play an imp role as one actor cannot alone be the reason for a show's longterm popularity. I was referring to day 1's TRP which I felt was because of HC. The future of this show now depends on if the CVs are able to maintain their standards. I'm hoping for the best. 😊
371768 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CAqueen

everyone says harsha'd popularity would be one of the reason to give success to tere liye..coz once again my sis isnt harshad's crazy fan but when i told her about how high the trps of TL are the first thing she said was coz prem's(she meant harshad) in it!!....nd me..im watching this show for him but m starting to liek verything about this show...thinking that m def gonna give the jodi TaAnu a chance..

Yes, I started watching this show because I like HC and continued watching because the build up is good up until now. Nice to know that your sis, even though not a big HC fan likes him..same is the case with my sister. 😆
I'm not going to comment on Anupriya or TaAnu yet because we have seen them only in the promos till now. Let their story start properly then I will be able to judge properly and give my opinion but I do hope for the best 😊